BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #45
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
+1 you are clearly over training...simple way to figure this out..if you ever train a certain muscle and the day after or the day after that you don't feel that particular muscle sore that is a clear sign of over training. You need more rest, believe or not muscles grow a lot while you rest as well. Try adding a day of rest in between your workouts and in my opinion running that much every single day is just too much unless you are training for the Olympics
how do people like say, the rock, train for 6 days, do an hour of cardio each day, and yet not over train?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #46
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
+1 you are clearly over training...simple way to figure this out..if you ever train a certain muscle and the day after or the day after that you don't feel that particular muscle sore that is a clear sign of over training. You need more rest, believe or not muscles grow a lot while you rest as well. Try adding a day of rest in between your workouts and in my opinion running that much every single day is just too much unless you are training for the Olympics
I somewhat disagree with aspects of this. Delayed onset of muscle soreness is different for everybody, so the lack of soreness is not necessarily indicative of over training. Recovery is part nutrition/supplementation/rest, and part genetics. You know you're over-training when your recovery isn't optimal; soreness is largely irrelevant. I do agree that muscle growth occurs while asleep, so nutrition and rest are primary if you want to grow.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 03-09-2016 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #47
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP86 View Post
how do people like say, the rock, train for 6 days, do an hour of cardio each day, and yet not over train?
Well to be fair, The Rock is on the juice, as are most people who are pro-lifters/wrestlers/fighters, etc. His results shouldn't be juxtaposed against us normal people who aren't injecting PED's/steroids. With that said, there is nothing wrong with active recovery and cardio. Intensity makes the difference. Low intensity cardio will not be harmful to your overall fitness goals.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #48
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I somewhat disagree with aspects of this. Delayed onset of muscle soreness is different for everybody, so the lack of soreness is not necessarily indicative of over training. Recovery is part nutrition/supplementation/rest, and part genetics. You know you're over-training when your recovery is isn't optimal; soreness is largely irrelevant. I do agree that muscle growth occurs while asleep, so nutrition and rest are primary if you want to grow.
I've put on 3lbs since this thread started. Havent changed my work outs and I'm not adding extra calories with crap, just more veggies/rice/protein. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #49
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I have been using it as my "rehab" machine" lately. But prior to that I was using it for a small stance squat? I don't know what it's called. I was just doing a work out that said shoulder with back squat, then leg press with your feet closer together to get a different engagement of your legs. But I never feel much from leg press, only squat/deadlift/lunges (fuck lunges)
The Leg Press has it's place for sure, as long as you understand its limitations (...which it seems like you have a pretty good idea about that).
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #50
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I've put on 3lbs since this thread started. Havent changed my work outs and I'm not adding extra calories with crap, just more veggies/rice/protein. Thoughts?
Like I tell the women I train/used to train (...they always worry about the scale ), worry less about the weight, and more about your overall body fat (...with the easiest method of measure being how your clothing fits). You can gain weight and still be losing fat. Be consistent with how/when you weigh yourself as well. I'd recommend first thing in the a.m. after your morning piss/shit, and before you drink or eat anything. Otherwise the results will be inconsistent.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #51
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
lol wow you are naïve dude... those people are on huge amounts of steroids that's why they can do that
      03-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #52
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Like I tell the women I train/used to train (...they always worry about the scale ), worry less about the weight, and more about your overall body fat (...with the easiest method of measure being how your clothing fits). You can gain weight and still be losing fat. Be consistent with how/when you weigh yourself as well. I'd recommend first thing in the a.m. after your morning piss/shit, and before you drink or eat anything. Otherwise the results will be inconsistent.
Haha I don't own a scale, might have to work on that.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #53
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
lol wow you are naïve dude... those people are on huge amounts of steroids that's why they can do that
Well of course but then I read this story and I was thinking hm interesting:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-johnson-diet/
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #54
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
I somewhat disagree with aspects of this. Delayed onset of muscle soreness is different for everybody, so the lack of soreness is not necessarily indicative of over training. Recovery is part nutrition/supplementation/rest, and part genetics. You know you're over-training when your recovery isn't optimal; soreness is largely irrelevant. I do agree that muscle growth occurs while asleep, so nutrition and rest are primary if you want to grow.
agreed, my point was that if you stop feeling soreness altogether is a very good sign of over training, in my opinion you should feel some type of soreness or tightness a day or two after working out a particular muscle, but your point is also very valid
      03-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #55
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well of course but then I read this story and I was thinking hm interesting:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-johnson-diet/
exactly my point he ate tons and tons of food and did the same work out and only gained 1 pound lol...why? because without the juice there were no 20-30 pounds gains in weight...yes he got stronger and a little bigger as he stated
      03-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #56
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
exactly my point he ate tons and tons of food and did the same work out and only gained 1 pound lol...why? because without the juice there were no 20-30 pounds gains in weight...yes he got stronger and a little bigger as he stated
I guess I was focusing on the fact that he trained 6 days but wasn't considered overtraining, even with an hour of cardio and 90 minutes of weights, so when you said I was overtraining, I was trying to see how I could be, but that guy wasn't. He also did roughly 30 minutes per day more cardio than I am currently doing, albeit, while eating probably 2k calories more. But he saw significant strength increases and muscle growth, while leaning out. Pretty much my exact goals.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #57
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
I guess I was focusing on the fact that he trained 6 days but wasn't considered overtraining, even with an hour of cardio and 90 minutes of weights, so when you said I was overtraining, I was trying to see how I could be, but that guy wasn't. He also did roughly 30 minutes per day more cardio than I am currently doing, albeit, while eating probably 2k calories more. But he saw significant strength increases and muscle growth, while leaning out. Pretty much my exact goals.
good point, tho for that kid its seem that for that period of time that was pretty much his life, so of course if you are planning on being a bodybuilder not a bad idea, in my opinion for the average joe seems too much, however if you eat for example 2.5 pounds of cod to start your day every day plus all the other stuff that guy was gulping down then your body should then be able to train that much with no over training issues at all
      03-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #58
Donutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Partly muscle growth, but I'd say it's water / glycogen from the carbs. I have similar experiences when I come out of a cut. I look fuller, feel stronger, and gain a few pounds, all in a fairly short period of time.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #59
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Partly muscle growth, but I'd say it's water / glycogen from the carbs. I have similar experiences when I come out of a cut. I look fuller, feel stronger, and gain a few pounds, all in a fairly short period of time.
Well that's comforting. I'll just keep on truckin'
Appreciate 0