BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #45
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

I HATE broadcasting on fox. 2 laps into the race there is "an emergency weather update" that went on for over 45mins. Race was resumed with 29 laps remaining. I wanted to kill somebody. I'm just gonna record the re-air on wednesday.
      06-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #46
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
I HATE broadcasting on fox. 2 laps into the race there is "an emergency weather update" that went on for over 45mins. Race was resumed with 29 laps remaining. I wanted to kill somebody. I'm just gonna record the re-air on wednesday.
They also cut the post race interview way short. Didn't even air Webber's comments at all.
      06-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #47
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Garage List
Talking of bad broadcasts of the Turkish GP...

I hate being a F1 fan in Canada!!!!!!!!!

With Speed TV F1 no longer available all we've got is TSN up here.

But when some Swiss dude decides to drop by Paris for a spot of tennis, TSN decide shunt F1 onto TSN2! So unless you're subscribed or PPV you're screwed & have to wait until 9pm to watch the re-run.

I didn't realise until waking up at 4.30am to watch it & had to find webstreams to get my coverage.

I found one decent video stream but in Turkish & one decent audio stream in English so I streamed them in parallel on my Macbook. Not quite the same as a big LCD screen with surround sound...

I guess I got spoiled growing up in the UK & having a good 25 yrs + of great coverage, with highlights, interviews, full repeats etc.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #48
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Three more painful race at FOX....then we're back to SPEED's live coverage....
      06-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #49
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Race was good, Fox and Facebook sucked!!! I hate these damned tape delayed races. It is so hard to stay away from race results, prior to watching the delayed race on Fox. Amazing that race results will turn up where you least expect them. I went over to reply to a friend request on facebook, and there on the front page of it is Brawn GP saying congrats to JB. ARGH!!!!!! F U facebook!!! argh....hate that thing, why did I ever sign up?

I digress...

Race was fun to watch. Turkey is such a great circuit. I headed over to a local place to watch it on a big screen (102" HD projector) and drink $2 Stellas. It was nice. Too bad the sound level on the commercials almost made me deaf. I was up and down on the volume as much as -20 to 30db. Unacceptable performance from the audio crew over @ Fox. They need to be listening to program levels, or be watching meters. That audio broadcast was CRAP!!!!! Jerks.

Congrats to JB on yet an other dominant win. And also to RBR for getting both cars up onto the podium. Vettel f-ed up by making his 1st lap mistake. That cost him the race for certain. Rather incredible that so many cars finished the race. Was it only Rubens that DNFed?

Next weekend we have LeMans 24 hour, the British GP weekend after that. June is gonna be a fun racing month. I think "Truth in 24" will be playing on a loop @ my house this week.
      06-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #50
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Race was good, Fox and Facebook sucked!!! I hate these damned tape delayed races. It is so hard to stay away from race results, prior to watching the delayed race on Fox. Amazing that race results will turn up where you least expect them. I went over to reply to a friend request on facebook, and there on the front page of it is Brawn GP saying congrats to JB. ARGH!!!!!! F U facebook!!! argh....hate that thing, why did I ever sign up?

I digress...

Race was fun to watch. Turkey is such a great circuit. I headed over to a local place to watch it on a big screen (102" HD projector) and drink $2 Stellas. It was nice. Too bad the sound level on the commercials almost made me deaf. I was up and down on the volume as much as -20 to 30db. Unacceptable performance from the audio crew over @ Fox. They need to be listening to program levels, or be watching meters. That audio broadcast was CRAP!!!!! Jerks.

Congrats to JB on yet an other dominant win. And also to RBR for getting both cars up onto the podium. Vettel f-ed up by making his 1st lap mistake. That cost him the race for certain. Rather incredible that so many cars finished the race. Was it only Rubens that DNFed?

Next weekend we have LeMans 24 hour, the British GP weekend after that. June is gonna be a fun racing month. I think "Truth in 24" will be playing on a loop @ my house this week.
Just Barrichello (gear box issue?) and Fisi retired from the race....got a few good overtakes....finally a great move from Piquet Jr on Hamilton!!!
probably this will keep him employed for a few more races...

ahhh...facebook....i only stick with mafia war....i kept myself away from all the internet sites after i'm up....so it was a bit tense to watch if Vettel's 3-stopper is gonna work...then its clear he can't make up the pace for a 3 stopper strategy.....
      06-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #51
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
one mistake can cost you....

i HATE friggin FOX boardcasting F1....commercial every 3 laps....and commercial again button cross the finish line...then straight to the podium...skipping the winning drivers jumping off their winning cars and their emotions.......no national anthem.....trophey then very brief on champaine....then commercial again....
This is why for the last three years I have been watching F1, I have relied on a man called darmeth. Full BBC (ITV in the past) coverage right after the race.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #52
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

When is the last time a 3 stopper has worked for anyone? Since they lowered the speed limit in the pit lane, I don't recall a single instance of this happening... Why do teams even keep on trying it? It is really hard to make up for a 25 second pit stop on track even with less weight and preferred fresh rubber.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #53
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
When is the last time a 3 stopper has worked for anyone? Since they lowered the speed limit in the pit lane, I don't recall a single instance of this happening... Why do teams even keep on trying it? It is really hard to make up for a 25 second pit stop on track even with less weight and preferred fresh rubber.
For a three stopper works...the driver must do all he can....basically gotta push faster and faster each lap....to make up that 25+ sec throughout the race....
what sebestian vettel messed up this sunday was on first lap....let button passed and after first pitstop....got stuck behind button and force him to go for a three stopper....if he build up enough gap (like Nico Rosberg did in Singapore...make up enough gap for his 10 sec penalty) from the beginning of the race....3-stopper might work for him.....
keep in mind vettel was very quick on the second stint but unable to pass button....if he did not messed up....have a shorter pit stop after first stint....he should be ahead of button and probably make up enough gap for him to do a 3-stopper.....

however...a three stopper also risks when there's a safety car and low on fuel....and all the above was nothing but just a bunch of "what if's"....
circuits like singapore might work also coz the very short pitstop as well....we'll see
      06-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #54
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Please excuse my ignorance here, why does the Brawn car have what appears to be covers on the wheels?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #55
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
Please excuse my ignorance here, why does the Brawn car have what appears to be covers on the wheels?
those are wheel shrouds....they were invented around the 2007-2008 season....

the purpose was to smoothen the air flow around the wheel....before the concave the wheel itself creates turbulence and affects overall aerodynamics....

also....you will see some teams have a little duct to channel air to the inside of the wheel....in order to have more cooler air to cool the brakes (well...around 100F air from track temperature in most races...but its cool enough for something like 2000-3000F brake temperature for these carbon ceramics brakes).......
      06-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #56
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Hey Man, out of curiousty how do you average 71.2 posts a day for 2 years straight?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #57
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Hey Man, out of curiousty how do you average 71.2 posts a day for 2 years straight?

I'm glad to see Brawn/Button keep winning but I find it pathetic that with their larger budgets, all the other companies (except Red Bull) can't even get close to competing.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #58
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Webber actually came first...

Last edited by E90SLAM; 01-17-2011 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #59
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Webber actually came first...
Appreciate 0