05-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #45
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteckba View Post
Somehow Max took him out again, but without being anywhere near him this time!
Yeah...I heard here in Belgium that Max has telepathic power .
In the next wet race he will show it again , just like he did last year in Brazil and Spain .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58887.00
      05-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #46
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Max was a total moron. Completely at fault for the crash
      05-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #47
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
That's BS.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58887.00
      05-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #48
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Quote:
There's a growing group that feels Max is going the way of Pastor (fast but stupid)..."If Max hasn't crashed yet, is it even a race?"

http://crashstappen.com

Last edited by 3798j; 05-01-2018 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #49
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's BS.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
There's a growing group the feels Max is going the way of Pastor (fast but stupid)..."If Max hasn't crashed yet, is it even a race?"

http://crashstappen.com
Completely agree
      05-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #50
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Why?

Ohhh C'mon ! You really think the Ferrari team (VET and RAI) has better drivers ?
Honestly ...This was even worse !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58887.00
      05-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #51
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Ohhh C'mon ! You really think the Ferrari team (VET and RAI) has better drivers ?

I do think Vettel is a better driver than Max, but that doesn't influence me to say that Max was not at fault for the crash when he clearly was. You are only allowed to block once, he blocked twice.
      05-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I do think Vettel is a better driver than Max, but that doesn't influence me to say that Max was not at fault for the crash when he clearly was. You are only allowed to block once, he blocked twice.
I agree Vettel is the better driver. And that's because the Ferrari's are improved and faster .

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58887.00
      05-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #53
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
I agree Vettel is the better driver. And that's because the Ferrari's are improved and faster .
Yes. Ferrari and Renault seem to have really stepped up their engine program. Now people just need to stop making stupid decisions and we will have good races.
      05-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #54
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:

I like that you posted a video that involved Max (arguably over-reacting to Vettel's movement and then getting hit by Kimi when Kimi cuts back too soon/aggressively). Almost seems like you're trolling us and you're actually a Hamilton fan
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #55
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by N52UNED View Post
Agreed ... the whole race was a mess. Entertaining and frustrating all at the same time. Definitely wasn't a boring race.
I knew the full results before I could watch this race, yet I still really enjoyed it, totally entertaining. Really love the no commercial broadcast, even prefer the Sky F1 team.

I haven't missed a race since Speedvision brought F1 coverage to US in 1996. Was a little worried about ESPN, but so far so good!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 05:02 AM   #56
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteckba View Post
I like that you posted a video that involved Max (arguably over-reacting to Vettel's movement and then getting hit by Kimi when Kimi cuts back too soon/aggressively). Almost seems like you're trolling us and you're actually a Hamilton fan
I'm pretty sure you know what I think about HAM.

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58887.00
      05-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #57
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yes. Ferrari and Renault seem to have really stepped up their engine program. Now people just need to stop making stupid decisions and we will have good races.
Yeah , let us hope .
One thing is for sure ...The suspense in F1 is back , because the domination of the Mercs is over ...
The thrill is on !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58887.00
      05-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #58
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

The ironic thing is that F1 supposedly has the "best" drivers in the world, but we've seen this over and over again when they get into a heated, close, wheel-to-wheel battle, they end up crashing (Force India and Red Bull).

This close racing is the norm in Indy Car, but the number of accidents isn't anywhere near as high.

I'm thinking it's part of the aero for F1 that is causing the issues. Once Daniel got too close to Max - the aero over his front wing was compromised and he lost a lot of downforce on his front wing. When he hit the brakes, the tires didn't have the grip they should have had and the braking was no where near where it should have been. Hence, he drove into the back of Max.

The new rules should hopefully sort this out. It'd be nice to see quicker cars actually have a chance to pass other cars without all the headaches of loss of aero.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #59
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
I'm thinking it's part of the aero for F1 that is causing the issues. Once Daniel got too close to Max - the aero over his front wing was compromised and he lost a lot of downforce on his front wing. When he hit the brakes, the tires didn't have the grip they should have had and the braking was no where near where it should have been. Hence, he drove into the back of Max.
That's exactly what Brawn said:

"Once Daniel had settled for his line, and Max had changed direction blocking that line, the Australian became a passenger....The downforce loss experienced by Ricciardo in the wake of Verstappen's car would have made it unstoppable."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-in-baku-clash
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #60
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Yeah , let us hope .
One thing is for sure ...The suspense in F1 is back , because the domination of the Mercs is over ...
The thrill is on !
That's why I started watching again. It was boring as hell watching Merc win over and over.
      05-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #61
Rampant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '18 SMB M3; '09 gen1.5 997 T

Garage List
Quote:
The ironic thing is that F1 supposedly has the "best" drivers in the world, but we've seen this over and over again when they get into a heated, close, wheel-to-wheel battle, they end up crashing (Force India and Red Bull).

This close racing is the norm in Indy Car, but the number of accidents isn't anywhere near as high.

The new rules should hopefully sort this out. It'd be nice to see quicker cars actually have a chance to pass other cars without all the headaches of loss of aero.

I totally disagree with your assessment that "Daniel drove into the back of Max"

In reality, it was Max who foolishly positioned himself in front of a faster car leaving it nowhere to go but into the back of him.

People have short memories. Where did the "2 move" rule come from?

It came about as a direct consequence to Max's immature F1 racing a few seasons ago. The 2-move rule is the Max rule.

I like watching Max race. A lot. Right up until the point where he loses his cool and goes native. If the rules cannot curb his over-exuberant enthusiasm I am deeply afraid that in future it might cost another driver his life.

Yours Aye

Mark H
      05-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #62
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
What gets to me, the rules are in place but aren't enforced....specifically...

20.3 "More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted."

Then, during the 2016 season the FIA gave drivers more specific guidelines on what is and isn’t permissible while defending one’s position on track.
"It followed extensive discussion of whether drivers should be able to change direction under braking, largely prompted by Max Verstappen’s move in Japan while the Red Bull driver was fending off the Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton."

Article 27.5 of the F1 Sporting Regulations states that “…no car may be driven…in a manner which could be potentially dangerous to other drivers…”. Furthermore, Article 27.8 prohibits any manoeuvre “…liable to hinder other drivers, such as…any abnormal change of direction”.

Then there's regulation 20.4: "When one driver is completely ahead of another on a straight, they are permitted to make a move in one direction. This move can be of any size, within the track limits, and the move can be made as slowly or as quickly as the driver likes — they can jink suddenly to one side or they can spend an entire straight gradually shifting across the track."
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #63
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

I’m also really baffled by it. I thought I was crazy for assuming Max was wrong for moving twice. Other top drivers seem to be following the rules just fine. Last year Vettel faked out Bottas with Bottas moving just once. And then Bottas did the same to Vettel a few races later. Meanwhile Max is out here causing accidents without reprimand.
Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00
      05-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #64
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
People have short memories. Where did the "2 move" rule come from?

It came about as a direct consequence to Max's immature F1 racing a few seasons ago. The 2-move rule is the Max rule.
It appears you're the one with the short memory.

Article 20.3 of the sporting regulations was enacted following the 2011 season, prompted by an incident involving Michael Shumacher
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/16416932

But it was an unofficial rule subject to penalty back in 2008
http://www.racefans.net/2008/09/16/f...n-rules-video/

And I'm pretty sure drivers were being penalized for it, back in the 90s. You're giving Max way too much credit.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #65
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
What gets to me, the rules are in place but aren't enforced....specifically...

20.3 "More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted."

Then, during the 2016 season the FIA gave drivers more specific guidelines on what is and isn’t permissible while defending one’s position on track.
"It followed extensive discussion of whether drivers should be able to change direction under braking, largely prompted by Max Verstappen’s move in Japan while the Red Bull driver was fending off the Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton."

Article 27.5 of the F1 Sporting Regulations states that “…no car may be driven…in a manner which could be potentially dangerous to other drivers…”. Furthermore, Article 27.8 prohibits any manoeuvre “…liable to hinder other drivers, such as…any abnormal change of direction”.

Then there's regulation 20.4: "When one driver is completely ahead of another on a straight, they are permitted to make a move in one direction. This move can be of any size, within the track limits, and the move can be made as slowly or as quickly as the driver likes — they can jink suddenly to one side or they can spend an entire straight gradually shifting across the track."
Yea it seems pretty clear that he moved right a small bit when ric went right, and then he moved left much harder (and faster) when ric went left. I'd like to hear someone deny that...
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #66
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
... ... ...

Indy Cars are designed with wheel to wheel racing in mind ... with the new design even more so. F1 cars are designed to be driven with much more spacing between cars ... not only for down-force but overall efficiency of their hybrid engines.

With the high rates of speed and the exorbitant costs of repairs ... I don't see F1 adding any aero changes that would facilitate more wheel to wheel racing. Frankly I think it's more issues with lack of passing areas built into the F1 circuits.

Perhaps F1 should add more time to the DRS spacing ... under 1 second isn't easy to achieve ... even with the top drivers on the top performing teams. That's where Indy Car wins out with the Push To Pass idea, as it gives more of a fighting chance to pass where you normally can't.

Last edited by N52UNED; 05-02-2018 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0