10-31-2018, 11:33 PM   #89
gaohaibo317
HG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Garage List
  [0.00]
Still no information about baffles. Cable and software issues have been fixed today.
      11-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #90
dodgerblue18
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaohaibo317 View Post
Still no information about baffles. Cable and software issues have been fixed today.
Looks like my car has the programming fix issue. Apparently Bmw tried to remotely update the software, but they were unsuccessful. He indicated they might need to order a part. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm thinking this could be a month delay if parts are coming from Germany.

Meanwhile my current lease expires this week. The programming fix really jacked up my timing. I was supposed to have the car 3 weeks prior to my lease expiration. Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 03:27 PM   #91
dodgerblue18
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaohaibo317 View Post
Looks like my car has the programming fix issue. Apparently Bmw tried to remotely update the software, but they were unsuccessful. He indicated they might need to order a part. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm thinking this could be a month delay if parts are coming from Germany.

Meanwhile my current lease expires this week. The programming fix really jacked up my timing. I was supposed to have the car 3 weeks prior to my lease expiration. Any advice?
My CA asked me to extend my lease for one month while they work on the programming Fix. They'll cover registration and miles but I'd have to cover the payment. Does this sound reasonable? My only concern is if the car is ready mid month, I'm already out a full month's payment.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 07:31 PM   #92
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
My CA asked me to extend my lease for one month while they work on the programming Fix. They'll cover registration and miles but I'd have to cover the payment. Does this sound reasonable? My only concern is if the car is ready mid month, I'm already out a full month's payment.
I guess you then have to wait a full month to take delivery or you are loosing money. I wonder if you could turn it in and ask for a loaner for the month, then you are not out anything and can take delivery as soon as it is ready (also some incentive on their side to get it done and get you out of the loaner), just a thought - recalls that say you should not drive your car have had BMW provide loaners for months sometimes to people, this is sort of the same.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 10:13 PM   #93
dodgerblue18
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Quote:
I guess you then have to wait a full month to take delivery or you are loosing money. I wonder if you could turn it in and ask for a loaner for the month, then you are not out anything and can take delivery as soon as it is ready (also some incentive on their side to get it done and get you out of the loaner), just a thought - recalls that say you should not drive your car have had BMW provide loaners for months sometimes to people, this is sort of the same.
Exactly. I'll reach out and propose this tomorrow. My lease actually expired yesterday but bmwfs gave me a 2 day grace period through Friday. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #94
Vallecitos
Rep
Drives: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 4Matic

Update on cancelled X5

Last month I cancelled my 38-week build X5 because of four pre-delivery recalls at the Oxnard VDC since mid-September. I was curious today to see what happened to the X5. It’s still at Oxnard, not yet fixed. I had ordered the X5 on July 7 — five months ago.

I bought a 2019 Mercedes. No problems. Very pleased.

I don’t buy into the talk of not buying into first year production of a new model. In today’s competitive environment, years of research, development and testing from a leading manufacturer should deliver a near problem-free vehicle in the first year. The X5 was to be my first BMW.

In my view, BMW has failed.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #95
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallecitos View Post
Last month I cancelled my 38-week build X5 because of four pre-delivery recalls at the Oxnard VDC since mid-September. I was curious today to see what happened to the X5. It’s still at Oxnard, not yet fixed. I had ordered the X5 on July 7 — five months ago.

I don’t buy into the talk of not buying into first year production of a new model. In today’s competitive environment, years of research, development and testing from a leading manufacturer should deliver a near problem-free vehicle in the first year. The X5 was to be my first BMW.

I would agree. I would have done what you did. No excuse for this.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #96
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:

Too bad BMW didn't earn your business this time. I have the opposite experience. I've driven BMWs for 30 years and never once had any kind of a serious problem. Totally bulletproof. So, it's too bad BMW failed you because they kept you from a potential amazing long-term relationship with a great brand.

That said, my wife and I rented the brand new Mercedes E-class for 5 weeks in Europe. It is a brilliant car. They make a nice product.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #97
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:

Too bad BMW didn't earn your business this time. I have the opposite experience. I've driven BMWs for 30 years and never once had any kind of a serious problem. Totally bulletproof. So, it's too bad BMW failed you because they kept you from a potential amazing long-term relationship with a great brand.

That said, my wife and I rented the brand new Mercedes E-class for 5 weeks in Europe. It is a brilliant car. They make a nice product.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #98
Forrera
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39M

Quote:
Oxnard VDC reports that all three pre-delivery campaigns (recalls) on my X5 should be completed by the end of this week (Friday, November 2), and the vehicle released to the trucking company.

Fixes for underbody baffles and the negative battery cable will be finished tomorrow. All that will remain will be to flash the X5 with the new software, which is a quick process.

This has been a month and half wait for me. My dealer is ready to sell the vehicle as soon as it arrives.
Can you please advise which site you see those recalls on? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #99
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:

Interesting. Unfortunately, there are not years of research and testing on brand new technology - it doesn't work that way. That stuff is coming out and until it hits the field in numbers, you don't know what you don't know.

In fact, we even see this with airplanes - that cost a lot more than a car and are tested and certified way beyond what a car goes through. Look at the problems with the 787 and now the new 737 Max, or do some research on what the A320 went through.

So no, there is so much in these new cars, you will not get a near problem free vehicle -and if you ended up in a MB SUV, then go check out what it went through in the first year - scary stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #100
PhatBoyG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Garage List
Apparently my X5 (just delivered 12/8) has the following recall open:

B661518 - Delivery Stop: Program Control Unit KAFAS
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #101
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBoyG View Post

Camera based Driver's Assistance System
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #102
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:

Was that from the NHTSA website or is there somewhere else you were looking? I don't see any recalls for my VIN on the NHTSA site.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #103
PhatBoyG
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewnam View Post
Quote:

Was that from the NHTSA website or is there somewhere else you were looking? I don't see any recalls for my VIN on the NHTSA site.
It was in the system when I called my dealer and asked them to check. That's where the details were read out to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #104
wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
It was in the system when I called my dealer and asked them to check. That's where the details were read out to me.
is that something fixable by software update?
I hope they fix all these issues before starting production on mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #105
PhatBoyG
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustMD View Post
Quote:
is that something fixable by software update?
I hope they fix all these issues before starting production on mine.
Said it was programming only. No hardware required.
Appreciate 0