10-27-2018, 09:06 PM   #23
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaBMW17 View Post
So I wonder what the differences are? I find it hard to believe that BMW would put different hardware on the 340i motor. The cost to manufacture would escalate for BMW and that won't make the bean counters happy, and we know they run the show (losing the hydraulic lift on the rear trunk for 2109 X3). It will be interesting.
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't update some hardware over time. The B58 engine has been out for at least 2 years now, and it's natural for things like fuel injectors, turbos, etc. to get updated by the OEM suppliers over time. It's inevitable that physical improvements and further tuning by BMW will lead to higher HP. Bottom end of motor is likely the same though if I had to guess. Will be interesting to see once more info becomes available.
      10-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #24
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't update some hardware over time. The B58 engine has been out for at least 2 years now, and it's natural for things like fuel injectors, turbos, etc. to get updated by the OEM suppliers over time. It's inevitable that physical improvements and further tuning by BMW will lead to higher HP. Bottom end of motor is likely the same though if I had to guess. Will be interesting to see once more info becomes available.
Well the turbo won't fit on, that is one thing for sure

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_7910

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_6398
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #25
Kh4N
Private
Rep
Drives: E30 touring, F30 saloon

Appreciate 0