Mark609
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 Xline

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoodell View Post
I Going to the dealership and getting a loaner is the equivalent of being audited or divorced for me.

I pulled out of my order yesterday, prepared to lose my deposit because I can't risk this happening to me, I'll lose my fucking mind.
arggggghhhhh...... I sure hope you don't lose your deposit. Please keep us posted and all the best to you and yours.

Mine has been in the Production queue for some time and that's OK. If I don't take delivery until late Feb. that's fine with me. Sales manager was saying that given time BMW should have some of this dysfunction worked out.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #46
JGoodell
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGU812 View Post
1. You drive a Jeep?
We could drive whatever we want, I've had 3 Jeeps in a row and never seen the dealer for anything but an oil change. What's the average price for a home in Texas; it must be tough to buy an X5 when your mortgage is $600 a month? Driving a BMW in Texas is the equivalent of driving a Lambo in Boston. You're the man though.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #47
JGoodell
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark609 View Post
arggggghhhhh...... I sure hope you don't lose your deposit. Please keep us posted and all the best to you and yours.

Mine has been in the Production queue for some time and that's OK. If I don't take delivery until late Feb. that's fine with me. Sales manager was saying that given time BMW should have some of this dysfunction worked out.
Mine was in production, after a little back and forth they decided to give the deposit back since I didn't sign anything saying the deposit was non-refundable. I told them I'd be back next year and I'll be back.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:53 PM   #48
Mark609
Banned
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
1. You drive a Jeep?
Speaking of What in the hell are you talking about or do you even know?

Stick with the facts please, not the feelings. Every one of the issues I and others have pointed out are FACTS, including the lame legroom on a car that was lengthened. Doesn't mean it's a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #49
OMGU812
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
We could drive whatever we want, I've had 3 Jeeps in a row and never seen the dealer for anything but an oil change. What's the average price for a home in Texas; it must be tough to buy an X5 when your mortgage is $600 a month? Driving a BMW in Texas is the equivalent of driving a Lambo in Boston. You're the man though.
I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I can think of a least half a dozen close friends who have driven Jeeps. You must be a super lucky guy to have never seen the dealer except for oil changes. That was my point.

Yes. We're very poor folk here in Texas. But, with all due respect, we know how to stay on topic.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #50
Mark609
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We could drive whatever we want, I've had 3 Jeeps in a row and never seen the dealer for anything but an oil change.
Amazing and must say you've been lucky. I follow Consumer Reports religiously and Jeep has a very low reliability rating.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #51
Mark609
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But, with all due respect, we know how to stay on topic.
<cough> and "with all due respect" Texas has it's share of control freaks too.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #52
OMGU812
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Speaking of What in the hell are you talking about or do you even know?

Stick with the facts please, not the feelings. Every one of the issues I and others have pointed out are FACTS, including the lame legroom on a car that was lengthened. Doesn't mean it's a deal breaker for me.
The facts are - he drives a Jeep. He's commenting on being scared of reliability. And he's off topic. The title to the thread is "Post if you love your new X5G05". Plenty of places to whine on this forum. Please adjourn there and whine away.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:00 PM   #53
OMGU812
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
<cough> and "with all due respect" Texas has it's share of control freaks too.
And I am one. Also a rule follower. And grumpy today. I get to be grumpy every now and then. Carry on.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #54
JGoodell
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The facts are - he drives a Jeep. He's commenting on being scared of reliability. And he's off topic. The title to the thread is "Post if you love your new X5G05". Plenty of places to whine on this forum. Please adjourn there and whine away.
You’re a glowing example of why there is a reputation that BMW owners are douchbags
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #55
OMGU812
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You’re a glowing example of why there is a reputation that BMW owners are douchbags
Look man - I'm grumpy today. It's been a long day. I missed lunch. I just get aggravated when people purposely have to rain on parades. If there weren't a dozen - at least - threads on the board talking about bugs, I'd understand. But there are PLENTY of places to talk about bugs and how unhappy you are with BMW's. But - you're right. I need to be more charitable.

I'm sorry for being grumpy. I'm sorry for calling you out. Carry on.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:10 PM   #56
JGoodell
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Look man - I'm grumpy today. It's been a long day. I missed lunch. I just get aggravated when people purposely have to rain on parades. If there weren't a dozen - at least - threads on the board talking about bugs, I'd understand. But there are PLENTY of places to talk about bugs and how unhappy you are with BMW's. But - you're right. I need to be more charitable.

I'm sorry for being grumpy. I'm sorry for calling you out. Carry on.
I’m sorry too bro. I love Jeeps. I just wanted something a bit more refined.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #57
OMGU812
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I’m sorry too bro. I love Jeeps. I just wanted something a bit more refined.
So my first car out of business school was the 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It had all-wheel drive and the hemi-v8 (they didn't make a big deal of it back then). LOVED that Jeep. Man the thing was a hangar queen though. Replaced the evaporator coil the first month I had it, and it went downhill from there. It was a beauty though - and did great off road as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #58
JGoodell
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So my first car out of business school was the 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It had all-wheel drive and the hemi-v8 (they didn't make a big deal of it back then). LOVED that Jeep. Man the thing was a hangar queen though. Replaced the evaporator coil the first month I had it, and it went downhill from there. It was a beauty though - and did great off road as well.
I don’t drive them past 40k miles for those reasons.

(This thread has completely gone to shit, sorry).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #59
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
I don’t drive them past 40k miles for those reasons.

(This thread has completely gone to shit, sorry).
I had such a lovely day in my new GO5😍😇
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      01-29-2019, 05:31 PM   #60
CincySurG05
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mercedes Benz GLC

I am first time BMW owner, absolutely love my 2019 X5.

Appreciate 3
wrickem2101.00
MystroX56289.50
Minnie40.50
      01-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #61
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
I had such a lovely day in my new GO5😍😇
Same here...gotta feel sorry for the guys driving something else, you know?
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #62
Wichita
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Picking mine up in the morning, might just take the day. Can’t wait to start posting on this thread.

Side note, a thread isn’t really “jacked” until we start responding to it.

I do love this forum, back tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #63
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita View Post

Side note, a thread isn’t really “jacked” until we start responding to it.
Exactly...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #64
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

I think people are losing prospective here hanging on the board and reading all the complaints. Reminds me of the company that just got new computers and IT department is dealing with all the users going out of their way to find smth wrong with the new machines.
- May background used to be yellow – it is blue now – this computer is crap.
- I cannot open network connections and can’t get on line – it must be broken.
Are the comps faster? Yes, are they using all the new tech and standards – yes.
So If anyone was documenting the reaction to new computers – one would think the company bough absolute crap for its users.
I realize it is scary to spend 80-90 K on the car and think it might not work.
But the fact of the matter is It works and it works beautifully. I drives like a dream, handles like a dream and has the best interior and technology on the market.

A lot of the complaints are user errors and not knowing how to make some gizomos work. We will figure it out in time -That’s where this board is a good resource.
Making an example of someone’s imperfections on paint as a reason not to buy a car – ridiculous. This person is an enthusiast looking for minor things. I bet you i can find a dot on any car if I look at it under magnifying glass.
Same with unique issues like AC drain not connected – out of thousands of cars made – there is one manufacturing miss. We never heard of such issues before from any manufactures before internet panic boards. Believe me it does not make it an ongoing issue with the whole x5 production.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2019, 07:18 PM   #65
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
I think people are losing prospective here hanging on the board and reading all the complaints. Reminds me of the company that just got new computers and IT department is dealing with all the users going out of their way to find smth wrong with the new machines.
- May background used to be yellow – it is blue now – this computer is crap.
- I cannot open network connections and can’t get on line – it must be broken.
Are the comps faster? Yes, are they using all the new tech and standards – yes.
So If anyone was documenting the reaction to new computers – one would think the company bough absolute crap for its users.
I realize it is scary to spend 80-90 K on the car and think it might not work.
But the fact of the matter is It works and it works beautifully. I drives like a dream, handles like a dream and has the best interior and technology on the market.

A lot of the complaints are user errors and not knowing how to make some gizomos work. We will figure it out in time -That’s where this board is a good resource.
Making an example of someone’s imperfections on paint as a reason not to buy a car – ridiculous. This person is an enthusiast looking for minor things. I bet you i can find a dot on any car if I look at it under magnifying glass.
Same with unique issues like AC drain not connected – out of thousands of cars made – there is one manufacturing miss. We never heard of such issues before from any manufactures before internet panic boards. Believe me it does not make it an ongoing issue with the whole x5 production.
Hallelujah 😇❤️❤️❤️❤️
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 07:23 PM   #66
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

I just had to drive in pouring rain on a two lane rod with ponding and puddles on the side of the road for 16 miles. I am amazed at how well this vehicle handled it, so much better than my Jeep Wrangler in this type of rain. No wrenching of the wheel at all.