03-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #1
nate196
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i Xdrive

X5M Base lease ?

Hello All

I'm curious to hear some lease number for the base X5M models please.

Is $1100 monthly likely on base model X5m?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
226ra
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 40i

Check out Leasehacker-lots of great pricing resources there Including a number of brokers who can set you up with a no hassle deal for a relatively small fee.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
bobbis1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

On a true base model 105k msrp no option car my guess is you’re closer to 1250 assuming normal taxes and minimal down etc. Who knows what you can line up on a dealer inventory car but I would not call it “likely”.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
Retro707
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

What’s a realistic lease number on a 21 X5 MC.. msrp is like 123k.

Is there a thread with current money factors and or specials ?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 10:27 PM   #5
TXDroneRacer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp, 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro707 View Post
What’s a realistic lease number on a 21 X5 MC.. msrp is like 123k.

Have a look at these threads:
X5M --- https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1709418
X5 M50i --- https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541151

I also use Edmunds for additional information and a history of BMW's lease rates:
https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...als-and-prices

2021 X5 Lease Money Factor started around .00099 in August 2020.
By December, the MF was reduced to .00082
But in January it went up a bit to .00086
In March, the residual percent decreased by 1%

If I am not mistaken, this is the most current lease deal for a 2021 X5:
.00086 MF
54% residual for 10k/year
$500 lease credit for X5 M50, but not available for the X5M <-- This lease credit comes from BMW, not the dealer.
I am pretty certain that BMW also provides a $1000 loyalty credit for current BMW owners. Moderators on the Edmunds' forums do not mention loyalty credits though. I don't know why they neglect to mention it.

Some buyers are getting discount on new builds up to as much as 10%. Most dealers won't go close to that discount. By discount, I mean discount from MSRP before factoring in any BMW rebates.
For what it is worth, I did not get a 10% discount on my 2021 X5 M50i order. All the Texas dealers, I talked to, offered between 0% and 2% discounts. I was fortunate to find a dealer in a different state that was willing to provide a reasonable offer.

I considered an X5MC for my wife, but the dealer said she wouldn't like it. I leased a 2021 M5C and my wife loves it, but I guess the X5MC "Doesn't know how to relax." While looking around for an X5MC, I noticed there is some inventory scattered around the country. You may have better luck working with a dealer that has easy access to what you are looking for. There aren't that many options for the X5MC, so it may not be difficult for you to find what you are looking for.

Be aware that dealers will try to markup the money factor. They don't play around with the residual though. They keep the extra from the marked up money factor. Most recommend insisting on the base rate [money factor]... There are plenty of dealers that will give you the base rate MF on a lease.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 02:11 AM   #6
Retro707
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDroneRacer View Post
Quote:
What's a realistic lease number on a 21 X5 MC.. msrp is like 123k.

Have a look at these threads:
X5M --- https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1709418
X5 M50i --- https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541151

I also use Edmunds for additional information and a history of BMW's lease rates:
https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...als-and-prices

2021 X5 Lease Money Factor started around .00099 in August 2020.
By December, the MF was reduced to .00082
But in January it went up a bit to .00086
In March, the residual percent decreased by 1%

If I am not mistaken, this is the most current lease deal for a 2021 X5:
.00086 MF
54% residual for 10k/year
$500 lease credit for X5 M50, but not available for the X5M <-- This lease credit comes from BMW, not the dealer.
I am pretty certain that BMW also provides a $1000 loyalty credit for current BMW owners. Moderators on the Edmunds' forums do not mention loyalty credits though. I don't know why they neglect to mention it.

Some buyers are getting discount on new builds up to as much as 10%. Most dealers won't go close to that discount. By discount, I mean discount from MSRP before factoring in any BMW rebates.
For what it is worth, I did not get a 10% discount on my 2021 X5 M50i order. All the Texas dealers, I talked to, offered between 0% and 2% discounts. I was fortunate to find a dealer in a different state that was willing to provide a reasonable offer.

I considered an X5MC for my wife, but the dealer said she wouldn't like it. I leased a 2021 M5C and my wife loves it, but I guess the X5MC "Doesn't know how to relax." While looking around for an X5MC, I noticed there is some inventory scattered around the country. You may have better luck working with a dealer that has easy access to what you are looking for. There aren't that many options for the X5MC, so it may not be difficult for you to find what you are looking for.

Be aware that dealers will try to markup the money factor. They don't play around with the residual though. They keep the extra from the marked up money factor. Most recommend insisting on the base rate [money factor]... There are plenty of dealers that will give you the base rate MF on a lease.
Thanks for the extensive reply. I'm definitely in no rush but want to get it this year for sure. I will build one just to get an idea of how I want the spec and start looking for that. I also want to get what seems to be doable ( 8-10%). Just got to look at all the ins and outs from buying it out of state

I'm in Cali and east coast seems to have a pretty straight forward approach where discount is right off the bat. I don't suppose many people are trying to lease a 120k car right now.

I was going to do a cayenne gts coupe but after careful consideration.. done of the options are not available with the build I want meaning ' if I get this I can't get thats' and that sucks. Especially for the money!!

The space is also smaller on it. I already own a Porsche, got a GT4 but my business does require some space lol hence the X5MC .

So I narrowed it down to a X5MC
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:

So I narrowed it down to a X5MC

Retro707, I sent you a pm.