seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
Those seats!!! phwoar!!

thanks went for the M Sport Seats... sat into a 5 series with them and was sold dealer assured me they will be the same so looking forward to seeing them!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 11:40 AM   #222
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeryb@ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmsa View Post
Received an update from my dealership re: deletions on my order.

* Deletion of Harmon Kardon
* Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade
* Deletion of iDrive Touch Function

Has anyone else come across the Deletion of iDrive Touch Function?

hmm pretty sure anyone who ordered from October last year is missing HK that was dropped from my car, also I was missing wireless charging on the order but that was available by the time my car was built (December Build) so they added it back on, not sure about the Wi-Fi but that sounds like that can be fixed later as in its a 'temporary issue' so maybe will be updated post-delivery at the dealer...

regarding the touchscreen, these were also removed last year on some October and November builds but only seemed to affect US models only all of the European deliveries seemed to be unaffected from what I was reading but possibly now they have run out of these so I guess you would have to use the iDrive controller to navigate etc
Having spoken to SA @dealership, it's deletion of "touch" functionality on the iDrive controller and not the touchscreen.
The Wi-Fi one is a temporary one. Which will be updated with a software upgrade.
I was advised by the SA no other deletes other than the ones mentioned.
I did know HK delete was happening when I placed the order.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:27 PM   #223
marchuks
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 XLine coming soon..

Was closely following this topic this year as ordered my car at the beginning of November. Production, in general, was done towards the end of November, and after that was waiting for RAM to be installed.

I'm not from UK though (but from Europe), but got details from the dealership that at some point my G05 was transferred to Germany for this module to be installed there, so from this point delivery should be pretty quick, I believe. Now the excitement is more and more building up.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 05:45 AM   #224
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Received my reg yesterday. I asked if they could go out and check if it had touchscreen, someone went for a look but it was still in transport mode or PDI can't quite remember. Anyway, he couldn't check as nothing showed up in the screen as the software needs to be loaded up during vehicle collection prep.

There is no 6UY deletion code on my order spec on their system though.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #225
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I got my reg too, delivery will be March 1st. No compo for any of the delays either. Just glad to finally get the car!
Appreciate 1
boyil12.00
      02-24-2022, 03:45 PM   #226
ColC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo28 View Post
Received my reg yesterday. I asked if they could go out and check if it had touchscreen, someone went for a look but it was still in transport mode or PDI can't quite remember. Anyway, he couldn't check as nothing showed up in the screen as the software needs to be loaded up during vehicle collection prep.

There is no 6UY deletion code on my order spec on their system though.
I was told European cars werent affected by the touchscreen deletes. Only 3 series and 4 series in the uk/eu were effected
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 05:27 AM   #227
bmw_dub
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
The Wi-Fi one is a temporary one. Which will be updated with a software upgrade.
Does any one know what's the reason for the deletion if it can be fixed with software later on? Is it that they had to put a different chip in and have yet to write bespoke software for it? I would have thought that could have been done pretty quickly?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 07:11 AM   #228
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_dub View Post
Quote:
Does any one know what's the reason for the deletion if it can be fixed with software later on? Is it that they had to put a different chip in and have yet to write bespoke software for it? I would have thought that could have been done pretty quickly?
Having spoken to my SA, I was assured that it was a temporary one. And will be fixed before delivery at the Dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 07:28 AM   #229
Dr P
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5-series

There really is a wealth of information on this forum and I thank each and everyone who contribute. Now reaching out from Sweden for possible input or answers on a production and delivery issue.

Been waiting for a new X5 45e some time now and the dealer's information has been lousy throughout. Build week was W46 2021 (mid-November, i.e. three months ago) and delivery was initially scheduled for late January, then late February, then late March. Having raised the question of cancellation of the contract or the taking of other appropriate legal action, I have now finally managed to squeeze out some information. Allegedly, the car couldn't be fitted with one or more critical components upon production and had to remain in Spartanburg until the components were available and could be retrofitted. Up until now - three months after production - this has not happened. But apparently BMW Sweden are "hoping" the components could be fitted in February and the car then shipped to Europe.

This raises a couple of questions:

1. Would a delay of three months since build week seem reasonable if the only issue was a missing component? Or do I need to smell a rat here?
2. If it is a component issue: Would the car really remain in Spartanburg to be retrofitted with the component or would it be shipped to Bremerhaven and the issue taken care of there?
3. If the car is shipped to Bremerhaven in that state: Who will be fitting the component there? BMW personnel? Or someone from the Bremerhaven Port Authority or the shipper? (I know for a fact that some shippers provide services like that.) As you can imagine, I sense a quality issue here.

What do you make of this, my friends?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 09:00 AM   #230
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr P View Post
There really is a wealth of information on this forum and I thank each and everyone who contribute. Now reaching out from Sweden for possible input or answers on a production and delivery issue.

Been waiting for a new X5 45e some time now and the dealer's information has been lousy throughout. Build week was W46 2021 (mid-November, i.e. three months ago) and delivery was initially scheduled for late January, then late February, then late March. Having raised the question of cancellation of the contract or the taking of other appropriate legal action, I have now finally managed to squeeze out some information. Allegedly, the car couldn't be fitted with one or more critical components upon production and had to remain in Spartanburg until the components were available and could be retrofitted. Up until now - three months after production - this has not happened. But apparently BMW Sweden are "hoping" the components could be fitted in February and the car then shipped to Europe.

1. Would a delay of three months since build week seem reasonable if the only issue was a missing component? Or do I need to smell a rat here?
2. If it is a component issue: Would the car really remain in Spartanburg to be retrofitted with the component or would it be shipped to Bremerhaven and the issue taken care of there?
3. If the car is shipped to Bremerhaven in that state: Who will be fitting the component there? BMW personnel? Or someone from the Bremerhaven Port Authority or the shipper? (I know for a fact that some shippers provide services like that.) As you can imagine, I sense a quality issue here.

Don't envy your situation at all. Hopefully things should move in the right direction. Just out of curiosity have you managed to get a VIN? This would help in tracking your order?

I am sure others would come up with better suggestions as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 09:12 AM   #231
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Don't envy your situation at all. Hopefully things should move in the right direction. Just out of curiosity have you managed to get a VIN? This would help in tracking your order?

I am sure others would come up with better suggestions as well.
Yes if you have the VIN put in in the link below you might get some information

https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/

The main issues here seem to be all related to AMP / Touchscreens and those cars are getting fixed along the way. Take a look at this thread there was a recall with some X5’s due to issues with the fuel tank that’s the only other recall I have seen but seemed to be for US cars.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1888191

Hopefully you get some movement soon
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 02:44 PM   #232
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr P View Post

Exactly the same situation as me with my X3m, built in October, sat waiting an amp. It's apparently now due March the 7th. I won't hold my breath though ….. system is still showing code 9000 and outstanding hold isn't complete. But then I do know the system isn't updating as it would normally

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 02:25 AM   #233
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Exactly the same situation as me with my X3m, built in October, sat waiting an amp. It's apparently now due March the 7th. I won't hold my breath though ….. system is still showing code 9000 and outstanding hold isn't complete. But then I do know the system isn't updating as it would normally
Mine was exactly the same for several weeks but finally changed yesterday to status code 193 (Arrived at port of exit), delivery date 7th March..... but like you, I'm not holding my breath!
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 04:18 AM   #234
ColC
Private
Rep

My car should arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed. You know whats really annoying. Not a single apology for all the delays, nothing from the dealers at all. I dont think i would ever buy from this dealership again.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 06:55 AM   #235
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
My car should arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed. You know whats really annoying. Not a single apology for all the delays, nothing from the dealers at all. I dont think i would ever buy from this dealership again.
Hi,

When did you initially order you car?

I ordered my X5 on October 9th 2021 from Stratstone and I was told it was going to build at the beginning of Feb 2022 but that date was cancelled and Stratstone can't give me a new date yet.

Last edited by malvern_man; 03-01-2022 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #236
ColC
Private
Rep

July last year! its been a very long wait. The car was built in November, then sat in Germany since 22nd December. Originally meant to get the car by the end of last year if it werent for the SAM module and AMP. So two months from then, not one single apology
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 10:06 AM   #237
Dave63
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Could be worse, I ordered in May and don't have mine yet. Primarily as they cancelled it in June and didn't tell me until a week before it was due in September.

Thankfully they've put me in a well spec'd 5 series for free until it comes so I don't mind how long it takes. I was told it would be late Feb / March but not heard anything yet. Not chasing either.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 04:52 PM   #238
bmw_dub
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_dub View Post
Thanks that's helpful.

0065600300 Checking the installation of amplifier, retrofitting if necessary (note: not confirmed message)
0065480300 Retrofitting the receiver audio module
mine are now showing as cleared
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 03:18 AM   #239
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
July last year! its been a very long wait. The car was built in November, then sat in Germany since 22nd December. Originally meant to get the car by the end of last year if it werent for the SAM module and AMP. So two months from then, not one single apology
It's been handled incredibly poorly by BMW. I will be pushing for some goodwill. They need to acknowledge that specking, ordering and tracking a car build is part of the fun (sad I know &#129315 of buying a brand new car. If they had provided clear updates and revised estimated dates then I d have been a lot happier.

Still, I'm still on track for next week apparently. Though my car is still showing at status 9000! But I know the system is well out of whack!

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 04:54 AM   #240
ColC
Private
Rep

Taken delivery of my car today. Its finally here, I told them not to wash it, they even left the big white plastic film on it. The only thing missing was a display key. I thought comfort access came with the display key. Apparently its all been moved to your phones digital key.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:22 AM   #241
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Some of you must have taken delivey today so where are the pics? Those of us still waiting need to know there is hope!
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:36 AM   #242
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Some of you must have taken delivey today so where are the pics? Those of us still waiting need to know there is hope!
my delivery was (still is) set for 6th March and car was supposed to ship from Zeebrugge last week (so I thought) it arrived on the 19th Feb looks like it didn't make one of the 3 boats to Dublin last week...

Anyway there are 3 more boats this week so should be on one of those the dealer could see there is a new load number against it which implies its scheduled for some boat but I suspect there are still backlogs they are working through there... but will post the pics once its finally lands!
Appreciate 0