01-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #67
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Are you using a controller or wheel? I've been hearing a lot of people having trouble with controllers in the FGT races.

Using a wheel is still tough, but a lot easier. Still gotta be lightning quick. I thought I was going to burn out my wheel motor going against it like I was.
I have a wheel. I changed the brake bias so its a little less tail happy going into turns but damn 20 laps a race you're bound to fuck up somewhere and lose the championship.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #68
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Oh yeah dude, its going to happen. Just if you do fuck up, dont do it in the final chicane on the final lap of the final race, lol. If you do, make sure you've already won the championship before doing so, haha.

My FGT was stock minus whatever tires we are allowed to use. I also used a lot of the aides. The Cote de Azure race was a nightmare and my best driving ever after having to work thru the field about 4 times over to win it. So I already had the win before starting the last race, which is good because I was leading entering the final chicane on the final lap.

I was 11th after exiting it, lol. I took the exit too wide, rear tire hit the grass and I spun. I was so pissed, but being I already won all the previous races, I already had the championship. So I took a break, went back and redid that one race just to have all gold later on.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #69
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Historic cup b spec - I have the Toyota 7 but cannot get my BOB to win - any tips for Monaco (Cote d azur)
      01-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #70
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
Historic cup b spec - I have the Toyota 7 but cannot get my BOB to win - any tips for Monaco (Cote d azur)
it took me a LONG time to get this one, long long long time, many many races.
First thing, wait till he's a higher level. He can get bronze at any level if you throw him a modded up cobra (if you're just looking to get the level ticket).
Second thing, when he's a higher level, tune that transmission, I forgot exactly why I tuned it too, but it wasn't any of the numbers I've seen ont he web. Watch the race in first person....he shouldn't be hitting the speed limiter for more than half a second, if he does, you're wasting power.

ALWAYS hit pace down before that final turn.
And if he tries to overtake on the left leaving the tunnel ALWAYS hit pace down.

And get the 2J to start in less than 4th place. Anything higher ends up depending on pure luck

With this concotion, my Bob was able to hit the wall THREE times,a nd do a full 180 and still end up in first.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #71
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Emme Tres

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Oh yeah dude, its going to happen. Just if you do fuck up, dont do it in the final chicane on the final lap of the final race, lol. If you do, make sure you've already won the championship before doing so, haha.

My FGT was stock minus whatever tires we are allowed to use. I also used a lot of the aides. The Cote de Azure race was a nightmare and my best driving ever after having to work thru the field about 4 times over to win it. So I already had the win before starting the last race, which is good because I was leading entering the final chicane on the final lap.

I was 11th after exiting it, lol. I took the exit too wide, rear tire hit the grass and I spun. I was so pissed, but being I already won all the previous races, I already had the championship. So I took a break, went back and redid that one race just to have all gold later on.
something similar happened to me in the nascar championship. I had won gold in the first 4 events. Some prick tagged my rear quarter panel on race 5 and spun me out. There was no way I was going to catch up because I couldnt draft. About three frustrated laps later, this devious thought entered my mind. I busted a 180 and took out the lead cars to ensure they didn't come close to me in the final points.
      01-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #72
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The toyota 7 is not the best car for this race. If you can get your hands on a Chapparel, I recommend it. It took me about 5 attempts in the 2D to nail this event. I had a 2J on my ass the entire time. Couldn't shake him but did hold him off till the finish. I watched practically the entire race in rear-view mode, speeding up and slowing down my driver when the 2J looked as if he had a passing opportunity.
      01-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #73
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I just did the FGT champ last night. Holy crap was that long. I took 1st in every event but got frustrated in monaco and quit it. The last race in the rain was horrible. I made the mistake of pitting for rain tires after I was already a lap ahead of the rest of them after they all pitted first. I should of just stayed out their and been a lap ahead. I could not go any faster with the rain tires. I ended up winning the overall series and got that pile of crap fireblade. So not worth it. Now all that is left are the endurance races and I have no interes in those.

ANyone who wants to do online races let me know. racefan_N54. Those may be more fun. I am going to get a headset tonight so I can talk online.
      01-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #74
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

^^^+1. There's nothing more fun than online NASCAR races on Daytona.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #75
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

OK. So I'm doing the FGT races, and I have no idea how the other cars are able to corner so well in the rain at Monza (even when they pitted twice!). I'm running full downforce and rain tires. Doing Suzuka now, and I don't know if I'll win
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #76
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
anybody manage all golds in the AMG academy?
      01-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #77
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
Almost, I have like 2 silvers in the Advanced and Expert sets, so that's preventing me from getting an SLR and an SLS
      01-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #78
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How did you get the Toyota 7? I thought I could win the Spec B Historic Race Car races with the XJ13, but that Toyota always passes me on the straights (esp. at the finish line)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #79
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
i'm actually working on finishing that up now. Truthfully that next to last beginner race was the hardest. I spent like 6 hours to get that workin..

(btw I sent you a friend request several days back, did ya get it?)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #80
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
How did you get the Toyota 7? I thought I could win the Spec B Historic Race Car races with the XJ13, but that Toyota always passes me on the straights (esp. at the finish line)
Finished this by leveling my driver up a couple levels (to 17) and making some small tweaks to the car
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #81
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I couldnt come close to golds. I have one silver the rest are bronze, but I have not even done the advanced series yet.

ANyone able to even finish in the top 5 in the advanced Nascar series on Daytona? I was right up in 2nd then got passed no matter what I did and fell back to 10th. I tried it several times and can never manage to stay with the pack.

I ended up doing and endurance race last night, and I will never do another one again.lol

Quote:
      01-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #82
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
OK. So I'm doing the FGT races, and I have no idea how the other cars are able to corner so well in the rain at Monza (even when they pitted twice!). I'm running full downforce and rain tires. Doing Suzuka now, and I don't know if I'll win
I did not get rain on Monza I got it on the very last race, and yes it was a giant pain. Did they all pit after the first lap? They did in my race, and I should of stayed out on the slicks and been a full lap ahead since the handling did not improve at all with rain tires.
      01-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #83
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
Almost, I have like 2 silvers in the Advanced and Expert sets, so that's preventing me from getting an SLR and an SLS
I got gold on all of them and while the SLS is premium, the SLR and the rest of the prize cars are standard. Kinda lame

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #84
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:

Won it on Like the Wind from what I remember.
      01-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #85
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
No pause button on B-spec...:
I will need to get bob to drive 24 hours straight...(i am worried with his ability).
      01-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #86
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
cannot imagine myself driving 24 hours straight on endurance races...
no save button, cannot swap drivers with AI-BOB....just going to pause and let the PS3 run for days if not the entire week.....

I need Jack Bauer to drive 24 hour straight...or Chuck Norris....
      01-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #87
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
I did not get rain on Monza I got it on the very last race, and yes it was a giant pain. Did they all pit after the first lap? They did in my race, and I should of stayed out on the slicks and been a full lap ahead since the handling did not improve at all with rain tires.
That's interesting. I think the weather actually changes. After racing a rainy Monza, Suzuka loaded up and it appeared to be rainy. I was on the phone for a while, and by the time I hit start, it was sunny and dry. I was pissed because I still had my rain tires on and had to pit which lost me the race.

I guess it's safe to say the best thing is to keep race tires on the whole time.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #88
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I got gold on all of them and while the SLS is premium, the SLR and the rest of the prize cars are standard. Kinda lame
can you comment on the settings used to achieve gold in these races (TCS, ASM, etc)? I'm about 0.5 sec away from gold time and I'm having a hard time improving. I have a feeling it has to do with driving settings.