BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-21-2019, 07:53 PM   #1
hpfisterer
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

PCD today. Car has an issue

I picked up my car today at the Performance Center. It was a very good experience, more on that later. Before I left we drove over to the Zentrum. When I got back into the vehicle to start the 90 mile ride home to Charlotte, the vehicle told me that there was in issue with the Pedestrian Warning, Frontal Collision, and some other system when I pressed the start button. The message said it was OK to drive but to do so with caution. I acknowledged the messages. It was late in the day, too late to find someone to help so we headed out. The ACC will not engage because of it and the front camera will not come on. I sent the issue, via the car's system, to BMW. It returned a message telling me that the service center will call me within a couple of days. I guess I'll just have to wait. Anyone else have such an issue? And I have another question perhaps someone can answer. The "Remote 3D View" in the Connected Drive App won't work. It reads "Your Vehicle requires a security token to be installed in order to use this functionality". What's that all about?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Garymil64
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Welcome to the world of the 2019 X5, I am having the Kafka’s camera replaced and software updated to fix the issues. The remote view did the same thing on our but then it started working.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #3
hpfisterer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garymil64 View Post
Welcome to the world of the 2019 X5, I am having the Kafka's camera replaced and software updated to fix the issues. The remote view did the same thing on our but then it started working.
Also, when I put my iPhone X on the charger the phone's screen defaults to Apple Pay. It charges, but it wants me to click Apple Pay. Odd, very odd.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 09:53 PM   #4
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfisterer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garymil64 View Post
Welcome to the world of the 2019 X5, I am having the Kafka's camera replaced and software updated to fix the issues. The remote view did the same thing on our but then it started working.
Also, when I put my iPhone X on the charger the phone's screen defaults to Apple Pay. It charges, but it wants me to click Apple Pay. Odd, very odd.
that's an Apple problem not a BMW one. Update iOS and it should fix it
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 10:22 PM   #5
frank19x5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Well this is disconcerting. I was pinning my hopes on the chance that most of the reported issues with the 2019 X5 were due to the lack of knowledge of the people at the local dealerships when setting up the car. If things like this happen after a Performance Center Delivery, that worries me.

I have a 770 mile drive home from SC!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #6
Hansell
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90...E83...F25...G30 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank19x5 View Post
Well this is disconcerting. I was pinning my hopes on the chance that most of the reported issues with the 2019 X5 were due to the lack of knowledge of the people at the local dealerships when setting up the car. If things like this happen after a Performance Center Delivery, that worries me.

It's annoying that an issue happens especially day one of getting your vehicle. It sucks you can't use that function on your way home and get some time in learning the ins and outs of that feature. But the good thing is it is a relatively minor issue of all the issues that could arise... Enjoy everything else cause it is an amazing car. One of the best.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 10:41 PM   #7
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank19x5 View Post

Fear not.
I just got back from a 2200 mile family vacation with my 50i M-Sport. I started the trip with only 225 miles on the odometer. The vehicle was amazing with zero issues other than to reboot the iDrive to refresh my weather app. I am still on my original firmware so I knew I may have to do that on occasion. That was minor and very controllable. Best vehicle I ever took on this long of a trip. There is a risk doing any long trip with a new vehicle that isn’t broken in yet but the risk is nominal. The massaging seats were a life saver as we drove 1100 miles on the way home in one day to miss a ice storm.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 02:07 AM   #8
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

OP, I'm in CLT. I've had mine since November with original firmware and no major issues. There are some nuances to be aware of. If you want to meet up for a significantly more thorough intro to your X5, let me know.
      03-22-2019, 06:49 AM   #9
hpfisterer
Rep

Update on the post. I started the car up this AM, all systems functioning however, lane departure wouldn't engage. Could be because there was water on the sensor, I don't know. Also, the 3D view on the connected APP now works (that's a really nice feature).
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:51 AM   #10
hpfisterer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post
OP, I'm in CLT. I've had mine since November with original firmware and no major issues. There are some nuances to be aware of. If you want to meet up for a significantly more thorough intro to your X5, let me know.
Thanks!. I ordered the car through Crown BMW out of Greensboro so I'm reluctant to go see the genius at the local dealership so I may take you up on that. I'll drive the car for a couple of weeks to get more familiar with it and then perhaps we can meet up. I'm on the north side of the city.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #11
TJ_BMW
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d/BMW M5 F90 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Update on the post. I started the car up this AM, all systems functioning however, lane departure wouldn't engage.
Were you driving over 55 kmh/mph equivalent?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #12
hpfisterer
Rep

Update. Vehicle is in the shop. I'll let you know what they find.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:57 AM   #13
hpfisterer
Rep

Quote:
Well, the dealer called and said the ACC module has to be replaced. Part is shipping from Germany. Will take 7 to 10 days. They have provided me with a brand new X3 to drive so Kudos to the dealership, great service. I'm scratching my head though regarding the location of the replacement parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 05:39 PM   #14
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Well, the dealer called and said the ACC module has to be replaced. Part is shipping from Germany. Will take 7 to 10 days. They have provided me with a brand new X3 to drive so Kudos to the dealership, great service. I'm scratching my head though regarding the location of the replacement parts.
If you leased the car you could either ask bmw to credit the lost time or request to entend the lease the for the period you didn't have the car. The former being more likely.
Appreciate 0