Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.ashraf56 View Post
I am looking to pull the trigger on xpel full body ppf and full body ceramic. Got a quote of 5600 for ppf (full body except roof) and 1250 ceramic. Wheel costs $100 per wheel extra.

I am looking to keep this 2021 x5 40i msport for next 5 years, is it worth going for full body ppf, I can get front clip and side skirts done for 2500. Is the price reasonable as it will cost me 5600 + 1250 + 400 = $7250 ?
I had mine done with full body PPF and ceramic coating for $8K CAD
Same here but in USD $7600 to be exact from a well reputed installer.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 01:34 PM   #24
Chetak
Private
Rep
Drives: 21X5

Hi Shadab..

I would like to share my experience with ceramic coating..

I leased my car in late Aug 2020 and opted for ceramic pro silver package which comes with 5 yrs warranty.
I hand wash my car every two weeks on average and wash after every long trip to protect from bug guts..etc..
I don't want to go into details as you might have already done some research on these products.

Pros :
Better Hydrophobic

Cons:
it will take 60 to 90 mins for complete car including wheels
It won't avoid water marks

Swirls :

it won't avoid swirl marks, it is just another layer but still prone to swirl marks even after taking all precautions.
Swirls/hairline scratches can happen at time.
if you drive in rain water it can create hairline due sand in on the roads...
We have to be carful while dropping your car at dealership for any service and tell them not to wash your car.
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2021, 11:58 AM   #25
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.ashraf56 View Post
I am looking to pull the trigger on xpel full body ppf and full body ceramic. Got a quote of 5600 for ppf (full body except roof) and 1250 ceramic. Wheel costs $100 per wheel extra.

I am looking to keep this 2021 x5 40i msport for next 5 years, is it worth going for full body ppf, I can get front clip and side skirts done for 2500. Is the price reasonable as it will cost me 5600 + 1250 + 400 = $7250 ?
Depends on how important $7000 is for you. If you plan to keep the car long term in pristine condition and take care of it, then it might make sense. If you are leasing it and will return it to BMW after 3 years, it is a big wastage. JMHO.

So put in to the car depending on what your long term plans are for the X5 and what you want to do with your time.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #26
Dive4air
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 ///M Sport, ///M4

I personally think both options are a personal choice and for me a waste of money. Ceramic does nothing more than Carnuba wax can do. And PPF is just too expensive for a car that gets sold or traded between 3-5 years by the thousands and no one cares on resale or trade in. Never adds value. and if the body part is really bad, you can repaint it for a lot less than what PPF costs. Maybe, just maybe, if i had an exotic car, but an X5 isn't. If anything, i would consider a front end PPF for rock chips since i drive 100 miles per day.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 11:46 PM   #27
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i

I ended up with suntek front ppf with rocker panels and expel fusion plus ceramic for rest of the body. Have driven it 2000 miles in 2 months of ownership and I would say it's worth it, for protection from stone chips and hydrophobic properties which really helps while drying with a blower after car wash. I use ego blower to dry it and before ceramic coating it use to take more time and turbo setting to blow of water but after coating it takes quick 5 mins. Not sure how long it's gonna hold, installation guy said 4 years but I doubt it will. Personally an exotic car or not i dread scratches and swirls on any of my car and i donot get much time for car care applying wax very often while ceramic coating has made my car wash routine a breeze.
Appreciate 0