BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-15-2021, 07:01 PM   #2223
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

I thought there was a typo when you first said he, then you said it again.... Wtf lmao
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 07:03 PM   #2224
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That brings back dildo memories.

While on patrol I observed a vehicle make an unsafe lane change, causing another vehicle to promptly brake to avoid a collision, so I conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle. While waiting for the driver to submit within a reasonable time/distance, I could see a lot of movement inside of the vehicle. My initial thought was, "I'm about to be in pursuit or I'm about to get a gun.......or both!" Once the vehicle stopped, I approached the vehicle and contacted the driver. During the course of my investigation, I determined the driver was unlicensed, intoxicated, had open containers of alcoholic beverages inside of the vehicle and had possession of a baton (...a felony stat under the circumstances). During an inventory of the vehicle, I found a dildo.......a recently removed/used dildo.......with remnants of the usage still present and fresh. My suspicion is he pulled it out prior to submitting to my authority and pulling over. Suffice it to say that I did not book that as evidence to his impaired/distracted driving.
I was eating you jerk. Thanks a lot. Not going to read these forums when I'm eating again.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24817.00
upstatedoc7555.50
Dpc2u11503.00
      04-15-2021, 07:09 PM   #2225
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I thought there was a typo when you first said he, then you said it again.... Wtf lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
That brings back dildo memories.

While on patrol I observed a vehicle make an unsafe lane change, causing another vehicle to promptly brake to avoid a collision, so I conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle. While waiting for the driver to submit within a reasonable time/distance, I could see a lot of movement inside of the vehicle. My initial thought was, "I'm about to be in pursuit or I'm about to get a gun.......or both!" Once the vehicle stopped, I approached the vehicle and contacted the driver. During the course of my investigation, I determined the driver was unlicensed, intoxicated, had open containers of alcoholic beverages inside of the vehicle and had possession of a baton (...a felony stat under the circumstances). During an inventory of the vehicle, I found a dildo.......a recently removed/used dildo.......with remnants of the usage still present and fresh. My suspicion is he pulled it out prior to submitting to my authority and pulling over. Suffice it to say that I did not book that as evidence to his impaired/distracted driving.
I was eating you jerk. Thanks a lot. Not going to read these forums when I'm eating again.
He seemed unfazed by my discovery. Lol! No shame. Nothing! I swear the pointy end of that collapsible baton looked......used too.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
      04-15-2021, 07:28 PM   #2226
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Umm, it is dinner time so TMI
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      04-15-2021, 09:05 PM   #2227
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Welcome to California. First time here?

A lady boarded my plane in LAX today with a dog in a carrier. She said, "Say hi to Nugget." So I said my hello and then asked, "Nugget? Like chicken nugget?" She seemed really put out by that comment and said, "No! She is Vegan!" I held my tongue.

Welcome to California.
Appreciate 6
upstatedoc7555.50
Sedan_Clan24817.00
Murf99314114.00
Vivek.1363.50
paquet629.50
      04-15-2021, 09:19 PM   #2228
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:

A lady boarded my plane in LAX today with a dog in a carrier. She said, "Say hi to Nugget." So I said my hello and then asked, "Nugget? Like chicken nugget?" She seemed really put out by that comment and said, "No! She is Vegan!" I held my tongue.

Welcome to California.

Geez! This state....
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
Vivek.1363.50
      04-15-2021, 09:28 PM   #2229
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

When I was an intern working in the ER a patient came in complaining of abdominal pain. X-rays revealed a large vibrator in his lower colon. We had to call G.I. to remove it
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24817.00
Murf99314114.00
      04-15-2021, 09:28 PM   #2230
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Welcome to California.
As an outsider, I'm kinda convinced the only reason you have sane people also living in your state is because it is fricking gorgeous. And warm.

I toured socal with my wife before we were married, loved it. Never went north to San Francisco though, just no draw for me there. But did a bunch of the southern areas, wineries, went to a gun range and got to shoot a S&W .500 which was memorable in itself. What a gun!
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      04-15-2021, 09:31 PM   #2231
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:

Welcome to California.
Lol I'm about as far from naive as can be, believe me, just didn't expect a dude to be having his way with a dildo while driving. Like how do you have something up your ass and actually be able to sit/let alone drive. I could see if it was a women, it would be inserted in a slightly diff location and she could sit/drive with it

Quote:
As an outsider, I'm kinda convinced the only reason you have sane people also living in your state is because it is fricking gorgeous. And warm.
Yes, this is the only reason I still live here

Quote:
I toured socal with my wife before we were married, loved it. Never went north to San Francisco though, just no draw for me there. But did a bunch of the southern areas, wineries, went to a gun range and got to shoot a S&W .500 which was memorable in itself. What a gun
What, wineries and you didn't even make it up to Napa???
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1363.50
      04-15-2021, 09:32 PM   #2232
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Welcome to California.

I toured socal with my wife before we were married, loved it. Never went north to San Francisco though, just no draw for me there. But did a bunch of the southern areas, wineries, went to a gun range and got to shoot a S&W .500 which was memorable in itself. What a gun!
Geography is all this state has going for it.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      04-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #2233
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
California has good geography, good weather, and ... ? Oh, yeah, an imperial shit-ton of people.

Flying out of LAX today, I was looking at the scenery below us. By scenery, I mean desert and city. The LAX metropolitan area now extends to damn near Palm Springs. That is over 100 miles of city. In a desert. I don't get it.

Nice place to visit.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24817.00
Murf99314114.00
      04-15-2021, 09:43 PM   #2234
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Sedan (M3), do you really know all those traffic codes by memory? Or do you have to look them up?

Also, when you are writing a citation, or filling out your reports, how specific do you need to be? Is it more general such as the driver violated Section 32 (I'm making this up. No idea if it is accurate)? Or more specific such as the driver violated Section 32, Chapter 1, Paragraph 3, subparagraph 2?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 09:47 PM   #2235
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Sedan (M3), do you really know all those traffic codes by memory? Or do you have to look them up?

Also, when you are writing a citation, or filling out your reports, how specific do you need to be? Is it more general such as the driver violated Section 32 (I'm making this up. No idea if it is accurate)? Or more specific such as the driver violated Section 32, Chapter 1, Paragraph 3, subparagraph 2?
I know many, many vehicle and penal codes by memory and I'm always studying......learning. It's like a game to me. I keep flash cards with me all of the time. When I have/create downtime, I pull out a stack and run through them. I have a visual memory. I'll be making a new flash card stack for all of the crap I need to learn for July's DRE school. There's so much info. I need to know the entire drug/alcohol matrix.....by heart....all categories.....including the citations.

When writing a report, the information has to be correct, subsection and all. Sure, the DA could choose to correct/upgrade/downgrade the charge(s), but I don't like looking stupid by citing the wrong charge. I do make mistakes, but I try to minimize them because the reports we write go all over the county or state sometimes. I want my name to be associated with solid paper.
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc7555.50
2000cs3447.00
Murf99314114.00
Vivek.1363.50
      04-15-2021, 09:55 PM   #2236
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Question from me to those of you who peruse this thread:

When you are pulled over and detained on a traffic stop by law enforcement, what can we do to reduce your anxiety/nervousness?
First, quit it. Unless there is something really excessive or unsafe, just leave us alone. And red light cameras and speed cameras really get under my skin. (That said, I drive close to the limit, usually).

The pucker starts when the lights come on. I may think you pulled me over for speeding, for example, but I really don’t know. I do know that the more I cooperate and play along with your questions and demands, the more I’m compromising my rights. And the reverse is true as well, the more I assert my rights or clam up, the more aggressive cops seem to get.

Just come up to the window, tell me why you stopped me, ask for my ID and registration, and either ticket me or warn me. Don’t start with the “do you know why I pulled you over” game. Try to make it a positive interaction instead of a “gotcha”.
Appreciate 3
Littlebear3508.50
Vivek.1363.50
      04-15-2021, 10:09 PM   #2237
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Quote:
Question from me to those of you who peruse this thread:

When you are pulled over and detained on a traffic stop by law enforcement, what can we do to reduce your anxiety/nervousness?
First, quit it. Unless there is something really excessive or unsafe, just leave us alone. And red light cameras and speed cameras really get under my skin. (That said, I drive close to the limit, usually).

The pucker starts when the lights come on. I may think you pulled me over for speeding, for example, but I really don't know. I do know that the more I cooperate and play along with your questions and demands, the more I'm compromising my rights. And the reverse is true as well, the more I assert my rights or clam up, the more aggressive cops seem to get.

Just come up to the window, tell me why you stopped me, ask for my ID and registration, and either ticket me or warn me. Don't start with the "do you know why I pulled you over" game. Try to make it a positive interaction instead of a "gotcha".
Well tell me how you really feel!!

In all seriousness, we ask the question as a way to start assessing your truthfulness. We also ask because sometimes people truly are clueless as to the reason why they are being stopped. Every situation is different.

P.S. What you deem excessive or safe/unsafe may vary from our perspective. You may think running through the stop sign was no big deal because nobody was around......

.....until there is, and you end up killing someone.
Appreciate 2
2000cs3447.00
Murf99314114.00
      04-16-2021, 12:41 AM   #2238
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Are you more likely to ticket someone driving a nice car like a BMW, Benz or Audi or vehicles in that "luxury" class?

The reason why I ask is I was stopped for speeding a few years ago and at the end I mentioned something in the nature of "what a way to start my day..." and he mentioned "well, atleast you got a nice car...." (I was driving a new Lexus IS then)

What the fuck is that supposed to imply? I was basically driving same speed as the person next to me in an old Toyota SUV, almost side by side and he decides to pull me over.

Anyways went to court over it and the idiot never showed up, dismissed.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 03:32 AM   #2239
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Are you more likely to ticket someone driving a nice car like a BMW, Benz or Audi or vehicles in that "luxury" class?

The reason why I ask is I was stopped for speeding a few years ago and at the end I mentioned something in the nature of "what a way to start my day..." and he mentioned "well, atleast you got a nice car...." (I was driving a new Lexus IS then)

What the fuck is that supposed to imply? I was basically driving same speed as the person next to me in an old Toyota SUV, almost side by side and he decides to pull me over.

Anyways went to court over it and the idiot never showed up, dismissed.
I don't care about cars, although you're more likely to catch my attention in a Nissan Altima or Dodge Charger because gangsters love those two cars (...and Altima drivers are always dirty.....meaning, guns/dope/warrants).
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
jmack548.50
      04-16-2021, 05:31 AM   #2240
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Could not agree more. Cops tend to put on this tough guy persona and when you're dealing with a skinny guy with no weapons in a clean BMW it's simply unnecessary.

I've been pulled over by a full spectrum, some that were relaxed and comfortable with me and allowed me to be relaxed with them, others that were constantly trying to act like they're better, stronger, tougher, and can exert control/power over you....all they did was make me want to become a defense attorney more than I already do
I've been pulled for too much tint (E46, stock tint).
Back license plate light out ("Can I look? Wait, it's on...?" Cop didn't show in court.)
My bro has been pulled for driving a van to Thanksgiving dinner at a NJ cousin's house.
Upstate there is one town where the cops get on your tail when you enter, & tailgate until you exit. I try not to move my head too fast, or let my dog bark.
Yes, cops are human, and we should give them a break....
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24817.00
      04-16-2021, 05:44 AM   #2241
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Could not agree more. Cops tend to put on this tough guy persona and when you're dealing with a skinny guy with no weapons in a clean BMW it's simply unnecessary.

I've been pulled over by a full spectrum, some that were relaxed and comfortable with me and allowed me to be relaxed with them, others that were constantly trying to act like they're better, stronger, tougher, and can exert control/power over you....all they did was make me want to become a defense attorney more than I already do
Wow I've never been stopped over here apart from when I was breathalysed speeding in my Porsche some time back, lining me up with others that had been pulled over and was let off the speeding when test was negative which is the law here.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 05:47 AM   #2242
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

"AR bullet velocity is like 2-3x than a handgun or something which is a huge difference on impact."

Quote:
No! You're wrong. This is where education and experience will provide insight. Velocity is partially about round design and partially about mixture. Some 9mm rounds are only a few hundred feet-per-second difference than the AR .300 Blackout round, for example. What a bullet/round does on impact has more to do with how the round is designed. Just because it's a high velocity round does not mean it will do more damage. Velocity provides more reach....

So is his!!! I don't mean that pejoratively; just a fact.
Physics 101: F=MxV
Force = mass x velocity.

I do not want to explain how this force, plus the modern design of bullets, impacts on a body.
Probably the biggest reason rifles have more muzzle velocity than pistols is because the longer barrel can harness the the power of the powder for a longer time/distance. Bullet design & weight are also factors.
There is a reason even the poorest "soldiers" use an AK rather than an Enfield, like they used to. A: Because it is a better killing machine.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-16-2021 at 06:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 06:10 AM   #2243
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Wow I've never been stopped over here apart from when I was breathalysed speeding in my Porsche some time back, lining me up with others that had been pulled over and was let off the speeding when test was negative which is the law here.
I drive a parkway in NY where every little town it goes through can share in ticket revenue. The speed limit is 55 because it is a parkway. Rarely do I get to the mountains without going through a half dozen speed traps!
So I don't scare anyone: I try to keep below 10mph above, but often slip to 15mph above posted! I have never gotten a ticket(s) severe enough to raise my insurance (I know what's important), and haven't had a crash since 15 yrs old.

Murf
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 06:20 AM   #2244
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
"AR bullet velocity is like 2-3x than a handgun or something which is a huge difference on impact."

Physics 101: F=MxV
Force = mass x velocity.

Murf
That is correct for Force, but bullet energy is typically measured as kinetic energy.

The bullet kinetic energy is calculated as KE = 1/2 x M x V x V One-half of mass times velocity squared. We also calculate muzzle energy as M x V x V, which is how most ammunition manufacturers calculate the muzzle energy. So, yes, velocity matters. It is the high velocity of the bullet that makes the difference in terminal performance.

You are right that rifles are better killing machines than pistols, which is why we use rifles when we can. We carry pistols because they are easier to carry. The compromise in ballistics is worth the benefit of not having to carry a rifle.

The reason rifles have more velocity than pistols is because rifles use more gun powder and less bullet.

For example:

9mm pistol bullet weighing 124 grains has a MV around 1,100 fps.

5.56mm rifle bullet at 55 grains has a MV of 2,900 fps.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3508.50
Murf99314114.00