BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-15-2023, 09:25 AM   #133
cubanbimmer3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83, X5 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Ride quality is relatively different for each individual.
For example, most guys with X3M says that stock suspension is super stiff. But in my opinion is perfect.
For sure, I drive my M4 and X5m50 in sport plus the majority of the time. The X5 is my wife’s daily and our road trip car though, so I don’t want her to get pissed if I noticeably remove the comfortable ride. By the sound of SQUAWK3274 experience, the H&R’s seem plenty comfortable without shelling out the extra cash for the MSS. Just trying to see if anyone else has any experience with either of the two.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 01:28 PM   #134
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUAWK3274 View Post
H&Rs on my M50i..I don’t find the ride harsh at all. It’s slightly firmer but to me, feels much more planted and less floaty. Very happy with the ride. I would describe comfort mode on H&Rs as similar to sport mode on the stock springs. Now when I go sport or sport plus settings, it handles like it’s on rails. Even still, it’s a less harsh than the F95 stock suspension setup, if you have driven one of those. Only complaint was that they didn’t drop it a bit lower..but at that point I would probably be complaining about a bouncy ride. Can’t have it all!
Yes, Im on H&R spring also and its not harsh at all, I dont have DHP so I was looking for stiffer ride also.
Now, not sure if its because of the wheel 22 vs 21 but my rear isnt lower like yours. mmmm
Attached Images

02-16-2023, 08:37 AM   #135
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Also the rear passager is 3/8" higher than rear driver side. Do you guys have it like that also? I thought it will settle with time but 5 months later still the same. I may have to reinstall it again.
From the bottom of the rim are.
Drivers side is 28"
Passenger is 28 3/8"
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 12:32 PM   #136
bobinsofla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW X5  [0.00]
2005 350Z Touring  [0.00]
2007 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUAWK3274 View Post
H&Rs on my M50i..I don’t find the ride harsh at all. It’s slightly firmer but to me, feels much more planted and less floaty. Very happy with the ride. I would describe comfort mode on H&Rs as similar to sport mode on the stock springs. Now when I go sport or sport plus settings, it handles like it’s on rails. Even still, it’s a less harsh than the F95 stock suspension setup, if you have driven one of those. Only complaint was that they didn’t drop it a bit lower..but at that point I would probably be complaining about a bouncy ride. Can’t have it all!
Do you have spacers as well? And if so, which ones and what size front and rear? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 07:35 AM   #137
taaz20@outlook.com
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Yes, Im on H&R spring also and its not harsh at all, I dont have DHP so I was looking for stiffer ride also.
Now, not sure if its because of the wheel 22 vs 21 but my rear isnt lower like yours. mmmm
Hello new follower. Are you still feeling comfortable ride, do you notice bad tire ware and did you finally fix your 3/8 dilemma. Thanks
Appreciate 0