BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #1
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Anyone Order A Mattress From Amazon

Just curious. I need one for a camp. I want something comfortable but we are right on the Bay so not looking to spend too much money because it a storm comes we’re not hauling mattresses out prior. I see some on Amazon so just wondering if anyone has ever ordered any of those.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #2
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Yes. I currently have a Zinus king size mattress that I got from Amazon in my master bedroom. Very happy with it, I was skeptical as the prices on them are very low but I have been pleasantly surprised. I've had it for three years, sleep just fine on it and it isn't showing any signs of premature wear. Parents in FL have one in their guest room, no issues with theirs either.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3130.00
      Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #3
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the reply! That’s actually one that I was looking at and good to know. Do you have the cooling one?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #4
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I got a purple from purple directly. Came in a box to my front door. And they took the old one too. I love my purple bed. It has HYPER REBOUND!

I had an expensive memory foam one before. That would SUCK the energy out of you if you where to "exercise" on it. But the purple bed. Man oh man, SUPER REBOUND SPEEDS!

And it keeps cool! Check out a purple bed!

PS: Ah shit. I missed the part you about for camping needs. My bad.
rebekahb3130.00
      Yesterday, 11:07 AM   #5
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Thanks for the reply! That’s actually one that I was looking at and good to know. Do you have the cooling one?
No just the regular one. I'd say it does sleep a little on the warmer side, but it's very tolerable and I just turn the A/C down at night by a degree. During the winter it's a nice bonus. I have had my most recent lady friend in the past complement me on its comfort too, no complaints about stiffness/temperature/etc. I don't remember there being a cooling option available when I bought mine. I probably would go for that knowing what I know now as long as the price delta isn't huge, but the regular one that I have sleeps just fine in all seasons, and I am in GA where we do get cold winters and hot summers. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #6
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
No just the regular one. I'd say it does sleep a little on the warmer side, but it's very tolerable and I just turn the A/C down at night by a degree. During the winter it's a nice bonus. I have had my most recent lady friend in the past complement me on its comfort too, no complaints about stiffness/temperature/etc. I don't remember there being a cooling option available when I bought mine. I probably would go for that knowing what I know now as long as the price delta isn't huge, but the regular one that I have sleeps just fine in all seasons, and I am in GA where we do get cold winters and hot summers. Hope that helps.
I appreciate it!!! It does help. Our camp is on the coast in MS so will definitely go the cooling route. What size did you get 8, 10 or 12 inch?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #7
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I got a purple from purple directly. Came in a box to my front door. And they took the old one too. I love my purple bed. It has HYPER REBOUND!

I had an expensive memory foam one before. That would SUCK the energy out of you if you where to "exercise" on it. But the purple bed. Man oh man, SUPER REBOUND SPEEDS!

And it keeps cool! Check out a purple bed!

PS: Ah shit. I missed the part you about for camping needs. My bad.

Thats good to know about Purple for when we need one for my house. We have a Tempupedic now and wouldn’t go back with it. It’s not that I don’t love it but just not a huge fan.

Yeah, it’s a camp right on the water and if a hurricane comes you take what you can and hope for the best. Don’t feel like lugging mattresses out prior
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #8
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I appreciate it!!! It does help. Our camp is on the coast in MS so will definitely go the cooling route. What size did you get 8, 10 or 12 inch?
12. Ordered Brooklinen sheets when I got the new bed and they fit like a glove.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3130.00
      Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #9
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
12. Ordered Brooklinen sheets when I got the new bed and they fit like a glove.
Thanks again for your feedback! Just ordered the mattress. We shall see how it goes. I just got brand new sheets so if those don’t work I’ll give the Brookline a shot.

My husband is going to shit his pants when he finds out I randomly ordered a mattress in a box. Can’t wait to see and hear his commentary when we pull up at the camp on Friday
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #10
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks again for your feedback! Just ordered the mattress. We shall see how it goes. I just got brand new sheets so if those don’t work I’ll give the Brookline a shot.

My husband is going to shit his pants when he finds out I randomly ordered a mattress in a box. Can’t wait to see and hear his commentary when we pull up at the camp on Friday
Cool beans, hope it does what you need it to do.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3130.00
      Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #11
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
I got a Zinus full from Amazon years ago for a guest bedroom and my daughter was visiting and spent four nights on it and said it was great. Normal. Don't know about a cooling version. I think the only one available at the time was the 12" so that's what we got. My own bedroom has a Nectar queen-size. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. Had it for 5-years. Came with a 365-day full-replacement guarantee and a 10-year warranty. The free pillows that came with it are my favorite. Youngest got a Nectar twin at the same time (5-years ago) and love it, too.
Appreciate 0