03-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #441
Mark609
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 Xline

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman535i View Post
I was perusing the sales brochure for my 2008 E92 and came across this on page 24. I have to admit I never noticed and would have bet money that they were as perfectly smooth as a baby's bottom.

No crack jokes, please.
Because of the doors complimenting the seats, that is a pretty fine look.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:53 AM   #442
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
I thought we had all agreed months ago that of course it is not deliberate...anyone that thinks otherwise is simply in denial. It's fine if you are happy to accept that poor quality - it clearly bothers some more than others but from the pics on this forum alone I genuinely cannot fathom how someone could think it deliberate. I would love to be the prosecution lawyer putting up picture after picture of this "deliberate" design, arguing either that BMW needs to compensate for the wrinkles, or indeed compensate those who have no wrinkles, but they need to decide which is by design.

Sanj - be very interested to hear the response (which will be a stock, non-admittance response referring you to your local dealer).
surprisingly after emailing Harald Krueger's email address, i got an email back very quickly, asking for further information re the car; i replied and got a even quicker reply,

interestingly the title of their response changed as well.

so my email started at... Complaint.. (REG No)
Their first email - Board Case - (my name) (Country) (case number)
Their second email Board Case - (my name) (Cośntry) (case number) Warranty Case & Goodwill

So i replied to their 2nd email and am awaiting a response, but i think as they are based in Germany (as signature suggests); i should get a reply this morning..

i must say was very impressed... i even emailed my dealer as i needed some info from him

he replied within minutes as my email opened with "in discussions with Harald Krueger's office"

I will of course keep you updated with what / how i get on...
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      03-07-2019, 02:08 AM   #443
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSanj View Post
surprisingly after emailing Harald Krueger's email address, i got an email back very quickly, asking for further information re the car; i replied and got a even quicker reply,

Their second email Board Case - (my name) (Cośntry) (case number) Warranty Case & Goodwill

So i replied to their 2nd email and am awaiting a response, but i think as they are based in Germany (as signature suggests); i should get a reply this morning..

i must say was very impressed... i even emailed my dealer as i needed some info from him

he replied within minutes as my email opened with "in discussions with Harald Krueger's office"

Poor guy doesn't realise what precedent he is setting! 5 minutes later he receives 20 emails from forum members! Will be watching your reports with interest. I wonder though, maybe BMW is in a dispute with the seat company so this kind of complaint may be helpful to them.
Appreciate 1
BigSanj68.50
      03-07-2019, 02:30 AM   #444
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Poor guy doesn't realise what precedent he is setting! 5 minutes later he receives 20 emails from forum members! Will be watching your reports with interest. I wonder though, maybe BMW is in a dispute with the seat company so this kind of complaint may be helpful to them.

haha, i dont think they will ever tell us the truth... thats just the corp world... even dealers are saying "fingers crossed" on new deliveries...

but i imagine, us just on this forum are not the only people griping this... this is a big issue; spending circa £90K is not kids play and looking at the current economic climate globally; not alot of people can afford a luxury such as this... so why should we accept second rate goods / why would i compromise?! its circa £90K!

would they accept, oh i really want this car but can only afford £70K; so lets compromise? hell no!

you pay 1st rate money you expect first rate goods...

i dont fly economy, because i want the luxury of business/ 1st...

if i pay for business / 1st class, i expect the service of business / 1st...

we should get what we pay for!

#rantover!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:49 AM   #445
Beefcake
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e (2021) / 428i (2014)

Quote:

Great!

Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail when there is no consultation,
But there is accomplishment through many advisers.

If I were in your shoes, I would have done that as well.

Hope they can build a few complaint cases and make the supplier create 'less-comfy-but-more-luxury-looking' seats

hey, maybe they should make it an option:

999 - option comfy but wrinkly seats
999a - option little but less comfy then option 999, but wrinkle free seats

then charge 1K additional for the 999 option and offer the 999a at the current price

OMG they will contact me from the Marketing department now..
Appreciate 2
BigSanj68.50
Wild Blue3683.50
      03-07-2019, 03:31 AM   #446
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
Great!

Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail when there is no consultation,
But there is accomplishment through many advisers.

If I were in your shoes, I would have done that as well.

Hope they can build a few complaint cases and make the supplier create 'less-comfy-but-more-luxury-looking' seats

hey, maybe they should make it an option:

999 - option comfy but wrinkly seats
999a - option little but less comfy then option 999, but wrinkle free seats

then charge 1K additional for the 999 option and offer the 999a at the current price

OMG they will contact me from the Marketing department now..
Beefcake - i offer my consultancy / PR skills to you at 25% of your gross profit...?

great idea my friend!
Appreciate 1
Beefcake188.00
      03-07-2019, 03:33 AM   #447
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:

Great to hear, Bigsanj. I hope it all works well for you.
Appreciate 1
BigSanj68.50
      03-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #448
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
I thought we had all agreed months ago that of course it is not deliberate...anyone that thinks otherwise is simply in denial. It's fine if you are happy to accept that poor quality - it clearly bothers some more than others but from the pics on this forum alone I genuinely cannot fathom how someone could think it deliberate. I would love to be the prosecution lawyer putting up picture after picture of this "deliberate" design, arguing either that BMW needs to compensate for the wrinkles, or indeed compensate those who have no wrinkles, but they need to decide which is by design.

Sanj - be very interested to hear the response (which will be a stock, non-admittance response referring you to your local dealer).

Their second email Board Case - (my name) (Coúntry) (case number) Warranty Case & Goodwill

Quote:
Quote:

Their second email Board Case - (my name) (Coúntry) (case number) Warranty Case & Goodwill

Great to hear! Keep us posted!
Appreciate 1
BigSanj68.50
      03-07-2019, 03:48 AM   #449
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Great to hear, Bigsanj. I hope it all works well for you.
thanks WildBlue, lets see what they come back with.... not holding my breath; but am certainly curious as to their response.

in my head i have a number i am working on which i think is suitable compensation for this whole situation, but lets see how much they value a 23 year customer.

i am also hoping by airing my communications, i am able to inspire others who are dissatisfied to actually do something about this and air their concerns and unhappiness at what is deemed totally unsatisfactory.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 03:49 AM   #450
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotX5 View Post
Great to hear! Keep us posted!
i will do buddy!
Appreciate 1
ScotX542.50
      03-07-2019, 07:45 AM   #451
Mark609
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 Xline

4:00 in, wrinkly seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #452
Beefcake
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
thanks WildBlue, lets see what they come back with.... not holding my breath; but am certainly curious as to their response.

in my head i have a number i am working on which i think is suitable compensation for this whole situation, but lets see how much they value a 23 year customer.

i am also hoping by airing my communications, i am able to inspire others who are dissatisfied to actually do something about this and air their concerns and unhappiness at what is deemed totally unsatisfactory.
Let's hope the BMW Board understands how this impacts customer satisfaction big time! not impacting bigdaveindubai time
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #453
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark609 View Post
4:00 in, wrinkly seats.
This much wrinkle is acceptable IMHO. I hope my car will be delivered like this!
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      03-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #454
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
My 2010 Lexus RX350 rear seats were wrinkly...on purpose.
Not my old RX350...but is an RX350 from 2010...wrinkly rear seats. Like or not, I'd wager it's all by design under the guise of comfort/luxury feel & look
Attached Images

'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #455
GTFM3
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Go to 3 minute mark...this execution would have eliminated this thread:

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #456
bigdaveindubai
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Old dude is going to come back to you stating how "I'm glad you enjoy are new comfort wrinkles!" completely ignoring anything blah blah blah in the email you sent him. You will post your response here on the forums and we will all laugh at you. The end.
2012 Boss 302 #2147
2017 Shelby GT350
2017 F250 KR
Appreciate 2
Beefcake188.00
BMWZ41912.50
      03-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #457
Beefcake
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFM3 View Post

Oh no!? They've put defective seats in the video...
What-a-mistaka-to-maka
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      03-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #458
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Video showing new X7 just delivered. This one doesn't have any wrinkles in the 3rd row bench.

Shocking! What a travesty that BMW would not make this flagship SUV intentionally "wrinkle comfortable" like other X7's and X5's.

... or... maybe, just maybe, the sloppy wrinkles really aren't supposed to be there, like we keep saying.

Last edited by Wild Blue; 03-08-2019 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 07:57 AM   #459
Beefcake
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Video showing new X7 just delivered. This one doesn't have any wrinkles in the 3rd row bench.

Shocking! What a travesty that BMW would not make this flagship SUV intentionally "wrinkle comfortable" like other X7's and X5's.

... or... maybe, just maybe, the sloppy wrinkles really aren't supposed to be there, like we keep saying.

I saw the same

but here is what will happen with your post...

believers will now say that this is due to the fact that:
1) this is 'Individual' leather option
2) the design of the 3rd row is different then the X5 2nd row

and that is already comfortable enough due to the leather coming from japanese wagyu and that is massaged every day... so the stretch is already sufficient for good comfort...
Appreciate 1
BigSanj68.50
      03-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #460
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

In this review also the X5 seats are almost without any wrinkles

https://youtu.be/La0JMpbuL3g
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #461
sward
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: i7 xDrive60

Garage List
2023 BMW i7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFM3 View Post

I wonder if the seats are better if you have the 3rd row as in the car in the video. It has a complete different backseat
i7 xDrive60 -23 Sold: iX -22, X5MC -20 (F95), X5M50d -19 (G05), X5M50d -17 (F15), X5M50d -14 (F15), 116d -13 (F20), X5 3.0D -10 (E70), M3 -10 (E93), 320DX -10 (E91), 320D -08 (E91), X3 30D -07 (E83), 335 -07 (E92), 325 -05 (E90), 320 -02 (E46), 318 -00 (E46), 320 -93 (E36), 318 -89 (E30)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #462
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:

It’s really strange how some of the guys here take it so personally if you suggest BMW is less than perfect. I mean, cmon, I’m sure most of us really like the product but some are really zealots, BMW can do no wrong and if you suggest otherwise they will attack you personally.
Appreciate 1
Mark609166.50