BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-04-2023, 03:40 AM   #23
ZoranTerzic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by streborx View Post
I think I'm lost. Are you saying that the vehicle's printed maintenance booklet entries, the vehicle's computer and the dealership's records cannot be reconciled for a vehicle that has been exclusively dealer maintained?
Apparently… crazy right? When I go to resell it I’ll have to explain this whole dilemma.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 04:12 AM   #24
Pro55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d

Apparently you can add it to drive yourself in maintenance mode. I saw a Indi garage do it that doesn't pay for the privilege of logging it in their system. You just don't get a dealer number next to the service but better than not being on there at all. I don't know exactly how to do it but someone on here will.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 04:23 AM   #25
ZoranTerzic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro55 View Post
Apparently you can add it to drive yourself in maintenance mode. I saw a Indi garage do it that doesn't pay for the privilege of logging it in their system. You just don't get a dealer number next to the service but better than not being on there at all. I don't know exactly how to do it but someone on here will.
Thanks man
Interested in this as I’ll be doing oil changes every 10,000km from now via my mechanic.
I’ll get the dealership I purchased the x5 from to put the service in when I drive by that town next on my way interstate.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 05:16 AM   #26
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro55 View Post
If doing it this way I'm not sure it's not being overwritten when connected to the BMW network. The way I understood it it just does a complete dump of the data on the BMW servers onto the car, overwriting everything that's on the cars memory. At least this is how it was back in the Exx days. Not sure about the G models though but I would expect it to go even more "cloud based" here.
Appreciate 0