BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-21-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
desmo907
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 x5 45e

Android Apps (not all showing)?

2023 X5 45e

Still getting used to Android Auto but notice all the apps from my phone do not show on the X5 screen. For example, (when driving) WhatsApp shows up but not the LINE app. I don't know if it is a configuration thing or..... I am guessing that I cannot use some of them to their full potential either (e.g., interact with WhatsApp with text and/or video call)...

Maybe Google is still working on Android Auto
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 08:18 PM   #2
mbernstein
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive45e

Garage List
2023 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo907 View Post
2023 X5 45e

Still getting used to Android Auto but notice all the apps from my phone do not show on the X5 screen. For example, (when driving) WhatsApp shows up but not the LINE app. I don't know if it is a configuration thing or..... I am guessing that I cannot use some of them to their full potential either (e.g., interact with WhatsApp with text and/or video call)...

Maybe Google is still working on Android Auto
Is this something you've seen working before in Android Auto? I don't use that app so I don't know.

But I do know (former Android software engineer) that AA support is up to the app developers themselves, not Google. If they haven't done so already, LINE's engineers would need to specifically add support to their app in order for it to show in the Android Auto interface.
Appreciate 0