BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-08-2022, 03:15 PM   #1
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Chemical Guys Hydro Slick “Ceramic” Wax

I recently tried this and I was surprised by how glossy it is. I usually use Adams or Chemical Guys Jet Seal and this stuff outshines them all.

It goes on pretty easy, but I made the mistake of applying too much on the first few panels, which made removal more difficult. I don’t believe it’s a true ceramic as most of reviews decry it for not lasting very long, but it sure does shine and does create a slick surface.

Appreciate 5
      05-10-2022, 04:32 PM   #2
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
I recently tried this and I was surprised by how glossy it is. I usually use Adams or Chemical Guys Jet Seal and this stuff outshines them all.

It goes on pretty easy, but I made the mistake of applying too much on the first few panels, which made removal more difficult. I don't believe it's a true ceramic as most of reviews decry it for not lasting very long, but it sure does shine and does create a slick surface.

I use that too, over applying definitely makes it harder to remove. I like the product though, definitely creates a nice gloss that I think lasts a few weeks. I'm pretty much using chemical guys and jay leno products exclusively at this point. I really like the CG ceramic glass cleaner/protectant.
Appreciate 1
Frenetic482.00
      05-11-2022, 07:11 AM   #3
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep

Yeah, I’m impressed too. The gloss is much better than any wax or sealant that I’ve used in that past.

I will probably just use this instead of applying Jet Seal twice a year.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 08:28 AM   #4
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I'm impressed too. The gloss is much better than any wax or sealant that I've used in that past.

I will probably just use this instead of applying Jet Seal twice a year.
That jet seal lasts forever for a self applied product. Too bad the ceramic doesn't hold on that long.

Also, the ceramic car wash by Leno is magnificent. My favorite soap at this point. Very impressed.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 01:36 PM   #5
schandok
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 s40i

Quote:

It goes on pretty easy, but I made the mistake of applying too much on the first few panels, which made removal more difficult. I don’t believe it’s a true ceramic as most of reviews decry it for not lasting very long, but it sure does shine and does create a slick surface.
Looks nice. Is it AW or MW?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 03:37 PM   #6
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep

Alpine White.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 03:58 AM   #7
Ljn21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
That jet seal lasts forever for a self applied product. Too bad the ceramic doesn't hold on that long.

Also, the ceramic car wash by Leno is magnificent. My favorite soap at this point. Very impressed.
This soap? https://www.lenosgarage.com/products/ceramic-wash-shampoo

I must be living under a rock, had no clue Jay Leno had a car care line.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 05:40 AM   #8
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljn21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post

This soap? https://www.lenosgarage.com/products...c-wash-shampoo

I must be living under a rock, had no clue Jay Leno had a car care line.
Yes. I love it. Something about that finish makes me think my car is darker post wash. It's the only wash I've used that leaves that look afterwards. I'm a fan.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 03:21 PM   #9
Rorochile
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWX5

How is that leather conditioner working for you?
I got the tartufo merino leather and have kids so I want to apply a protectant
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 02:54 AM   #10
asparmar
Rep
Drives: G05

Hi, was wondering what's a good ceramic sealant that's easy to put on manually (easy to apply), that gives the best shine and lasts about a month+? Looking for something I can quickly apply onto the car one a month after washing and drying.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #11
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparmar View Post
Hi, was wondering what's a good ceramic sealant that's easy to put on manually (easy to apply), that gives the best shine and lasts about a month+? Looking for something I can quickly apply onto the car one a month after washing and drying.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
If you've got a pressure washer and a foam cannon then there are lots of spray on rinse off products on the market and they'll give you more than 1 months protection.

If you've not got a foam cannon then I'd suggest that you look into ceramic detailing sprays such as Gyeon ceramic detailer or Gyeon Can Coat. There's lots of other ceramic/Si02 detailing sprays on the market.
Appreciate 0