BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-03-2019, 01:59 AM   #1
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

2020 X5 45E ordered

This weekend I finally ordered my new X5 to replace my currect BMW 520d touring.
As being a Belgian business owner the hybrid was the only logical choice as all the other engine options would require me to sell some organs to pay for the taxes.

Due to our bad road conditions I went for the 20 inch.
Now the long wait until August 2020 begins (production week 24 2020).

This is my config:

BMW X5 45e Msport Mineral weiss

Standard equipment (not exhaustive) 1CB Internal code
1DE Particle Filter
2PA Anti-theft bolts
2VB Tire pressure display
2VR Adaptive pneumatic suspension (2 axles) 302 Alarm system
423 Velvet carpets
4T8 Mirror package
4U9 Acoustic pedestrian protection
4UR mood lighting
5A1 LED fog lamps
5AQ Active Guard Plus
6AE BMW Teleservices
6AF Intelligent Emergency Call - eCall
6AK ConnectedDrive Services
6C4 ConnectedPackage Professional
6U3 BMW Live Cockpit Professional
7CG BMW warranty up to 3 years, without kilometer restriction
886 Manual Dutch
8AP Internal code
Z21 With monogram
ZPE BMW Pure Emotions
ZSL Fast charging cable

377 - M-sport pack
- 1TC 20" styling 740M
- 2NH M-sport braking system
- 2TB Aut sport transmission with flippers
- 3MC Shadowline roofrails
- 4AW Sensatec dashboard
- 710 M-sport steering wheel
- 715 M Aerodynamic package
- 760 Shadow line
- 775 Black roof

ZB1 Business Pack Plus
322 Comfort access
456 Comfort seats in the front with electrical control
4HB Heat Comfort Package in front
6NW Comfort telephony with wireless charging 6WD Preparation WiFi hotspot
ZT1 Customer Benefit Pack

402 Panorama roof
420 Tinted windows rear
4PR Trim: Esche Maser braun-Metallic
654 DAB Tuner
688 HK Surround sound
6DR Drive Recorder

5AU Driving assistant Professional
5DN Parking Assistant Plus
Integral active steering

Last edited by Pateeke81; 12-21-2019 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
2REP20.50
      12-03-2019, 02:39 AM   #2
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
This weekend I finally ordered my new X5 to replace my currect BMW 520d touring.
As being a Belgian business owner the hybrid was the only logical choice as all the other engine options would require me to sell some organs to pay for the taxes.

Due to our bad road conditions I went for the 20 inch.
Now the long wait until August 2020 begins (production week 24 2020).

This is my config:

That's a nice setup, I have much the same (Mineral White 45e, M Sport, 740M, Merino Coffee, Panorama, HK, etc.). Taxes played a role in my choice of engine, too...

When replying I can see that you included two picture links that somehow didn't show in the post -- let me try:

https://ibb.co/QQ942zc
https://ibb.co/T8GVwcV
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 02:53 AM   #3
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
That's a nice setup, I have much the same (Mineral White 45e, M Sport, 740M, Merino Coffee, Panorama, HK, etc.). Taxes played a role in my choice of engine, too...

When replying I can see that you included two picture links that somehow didn't show in the post -- let me try:

Thanks,

No idea why the pictures won't show up.
I went for the white because I have a BMW R1200R in the same white/blue color scheme and my wife wanted them to match.
My wife is also the reason why I had to take the Msport, for my it was not necessary but she disliked it that the wheelarches are in black plastic and the only way to get them painted was the Msport pack.

I think it will be a very good car but the wait time to get one is going to be hell.
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50
      12-03-2019, 03:14 AM   #4
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

No idea why the pictures won't show up.
I went for the white because I have a BMW R1200R in the same white/blue color scheme and my wife wanted them to match.
My wife is also the reason why I had to take the Msport, for my it was not necessary but she disliked it that the wheelarches are in black plastic and the only way to get them painted was the Msport pack.

I think it will be a very good car but the wait time to get one is going to be hell.
Yes -- I ordered in July and should have it next month, two months early but still it's been painful to wait!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:32 AM   #5
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yes -- I ordered in July and should have it next month, two months early but still it's been painful to wait!
Was your production date moved forward or did your dealer (like mine) take the production week and add 6 weeks extra for eventual delays that might occur.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:32 AM   #6
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quote:
Was your production date moved forward or did your dealer (like mine) take the production week and add 6 weeks extra for eventual delays that might occur.
I ordered in June and the order form showed a delivery date of 28th Feb 2020. That was because the 45e was going into production in August only. Originally I was given a production week 49 and a delivery of week 4/2020 which is 8 weeks from production to delivery but that was probably due to Xmas and New Year.
The actual delivery date in the system now says 3rd week of January now but it just got confirmation that code changed to 160, so with any luck it should be on the next ship which only takes 13 days and thus possibly arriving early. The 6 week average is a safe assumption iI think but there could of course always be deviations.

Nice build btw .. Closely similar to mine but in Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:49 AM   #7
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
I ordered before production was started (or configurator available) so I suppose the original March date quoted by the dealer was mostly a guess. Somehow my car got manufactured already in late October. But I still don't have a specific delivery date so still waiting
Appreciate 1
2REP20.50
      12-03-2019, 06:07 AM   #8
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
... But I still don't have a specific delivery date so still waiting
Would make a great Xmas present if your dealer called you to pick up the car
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50
      12-03-2019, 06:17 AM   #9
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2REP View Post
I ordered in June and the order form showed a delivery date of 28th Feb 2020. That was because the 45e was going into production in August only. Originally I was given a production week 49 and a delivery of week 4/2020 which is 8 weeks from production to delivery but that was probably due to Xmas and New Year.
The actual delivery date in the system now says 3rd week of January now but it just got confirmation that code changed to 160, so with any luck it should be on the next ship which only takes 13 days and thus possibly arriving early. The 6 week average is a safe assumption iI think but there could of course always be deviations.

Has your insurance also demanded an additional alarm/tracking to be installed?
I'm gettting the car via BMW financial renting and I wanted the insurance to be included in the contract but they require an extra alarm costing a whopping 1.500€ extra.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #10
Jafayz
Private
Rep
Drives: X45E

Quote:
Quote:

Hi,
I had Production week 43 and left by ship to Zeebrugge already. However dealer Now had No clear view where it is (we ordered 4) yet... so assumption of 6 weeks from production to dealer is quite sharp
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:28 AM   #11
Jafayz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I ordered before production was started (or configurator available) so I suppose the original March date quoted by the dealer was mostly a guess. Somehow my car got manufactured already in late October. But I still don't have a specific delivery date so still waiting
Idem!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #12
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Would make a great Xmas present if your dealer called you to pick up the car
That would be fabulous

Damn, now I can't stop thinking about it! Would have plenty of time during the holidays to test batteries and range and warming in winter time (it's already -5 deg C or 23 F), see what driving assistance is really included, setup BimmerCode and Esys, and so on.
Appreciate 1
2REP20.50
      12-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #13
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I'm gettting the car via BMW financial renting and I wanted the insurance to be included in the contract but they require an extra alarm costing a whopping 1.500€ extra.
I requested a quote from 3 major insurance companies (didn't include the insurance in the financial renting). I explicitly told them the car would not be parked in a closed garage but under a carport.

1 insurance company always demanded the extra alarm/tracking system, 1 only needed it if the car was not parked in a closed garage and the last one didn't request it at all.
The best thing however was that the one who didn't require the tracking/alarm was also the cheapest and gave the best coverage (e.g. I get returned the full value including extra's like wrapping etc for 36 months in case of a total .. and it has an exemption amount of only 400€) .. go figure
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #14
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
That would be fabulous

Damn, now I can't stop thinking about it! Would have plenty of time during the holidays to test batteries and range and warming in winter time (it's already -5 deg C or 23 F), see what driving assistance is really included, setup BimmerCode and Esys, and so on.
Hey 2REP , do I have three wishes or just one? Dealer just let me know that the car is soon arriving to Finland and delivery right before Xmas is possible but by early January in any case.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #15
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hey 2REP , do I have three wishes or just one? Dealer just let me know that the car is soon arriving to Finland and delivery right before Xmas is possible but by early January in any case.
Glad you get to enjoy your car soon.

Unfortunately the wishes are all gone
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50
      12-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #16
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
AG insurance does not require tracking if car is parked indoors
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:59 AM   #17
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
I decided this weekend to take the insurance with my renting contract, BMW dealer had offered to offer the alarm for 1/3rd of the price. I'm already BMW FS insurance customer so got a lower price too.
The insurance itself was the cheapest I found for full coverage without the little letters.
Dealer also said they expect the car in week 31 as production is still planned in week 24 but they also said some customers got their car a month earlier and others up to six weeks later.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #18
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Update: production week changed from 24 to 17. Delivery changed from week 31 to 25.

So good news for me to end 2019.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 01:51 PM   #19
Jafayz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
I decided this weekend to take the insurance with my renting contract, BMW dealer had offered to offer the alarm for 1/3rd of the price. I'm already BMW FS insurance customer so got a lower price too.
The insurance itself was the cheapest I found for full coverage without the little letters.
Dealer also said they expect the car in week 31 as production is still planned in week 24 but they also said some customers got their car a month earlier and others up to six weeks later.
I had baloise... with British indemnity (liability)
For me this was the cheapest with full coverage . I went to an independent broker...
Car is ready, delivery finally this Friday!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0