BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-08-2023, 05:50 PM   #1
au8832
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

2019 BMW X5 , transmission downshift jitters

I just bought a lease return 2019 X5, and when driving in eco mode with auto start stop active, when slowing the car to a stop from moderate speed like 40mph , the transmission downshift jitters until the car comes to a stop. and when starting from 0 mph it jerks into first gear sometimes, is this a known issue ? I dont have any errors showing up on the car computer, I have run a OBD diagnostic and nothing shows up.

This occurs mostly in eco mode. Is this that I should get the dealership to look at , but its not reproducible all the time.

has anyone noticed this behavior, or is the X5 transmission just jerky like that.

The car has 35k miles on it.
xDrive 40i

Last edited by au8832; 10-08-2023 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: adding mileage information
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 12:32 PM   #2
bagd0003
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3, 2020 BMW X5

I don't believe that's normal. There has been an issue with transfer cases and the symptoms for that is shuddering when you just get going forward or backwards and turning. It might not happen every time, but for me it was about 3 out of 5 times. If you think that's what you are really experiencing, there is a fix with a transfer case fluid change first. Assuming your tires are evenly worn.
Appreciate 0