12-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #67
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmill2012 View Post
I agree! The Op even said he went to the dealership today , Sunday , but he lives in California and his deal is in the Southeast
This guy is something else .
When did I say I live in CA? I would never live in such a liberal, taxing state.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #68
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

This topic became a circus and I am out of it. Good luck with your "new car" op! And by the way, there are people here that are way more educated than you and don't mention their MBA's, jobs, etc.

We are not here to share our bank accounts, what studies we have done or not, what companies we work for or we own, we are here just to share our passion for this brand (while it's still there), that's all.

Just my two cents...and again, enjoy your "new car".
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50
      12-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #69
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
This topic became a circus and I am out of it. Good luck with your "new car" op! And by the way, there are people here that are way more educated than you and don't mention their MBA's, jobs, etc.

Just my two cents...and again, enjoy your "new car".
Please come back when I am able to post all the information and pictures of the car in my driveway etc. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #70
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

yeah, I feel like OP has some explaining to do here. I was skeptical at first but then you convinced me of your deal and I even engaged my dealer thinking I wasnt getting a BMWNA discount that I otherwise would have and now I'm a bit embarrassed about it.

I think you should fork over whatever this evidence is of your lease worksheet or i'm going back to the skeptic tent (not that you'd care but still)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #71
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
yeah, I feel like OP has some explaining to do here. I was skeptical at first but then you convinced me of your deal and I even engaged my dealer thinking I wasnt getting a BMWNA discount that I otherwise would have and now I'm a bit embarrassed about it.

I think you should fork over whatever this evidence is of your lease worksheet or i'm going back to the skeptic tent (not that you'd care but still)
It wasn’t even me who said anything about a BMWNA discount? All I said was I knew of a 1250 loyalty credit that I was receiving for owning a previous BMW within the year, plus I will get an additional 1k for being a CCA member after I receive the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #72
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

I think we should just drop the discussion since it is devolving rapidly. He posted some information already and even if he posts the actual lease worksheet some will probably say he photoshopped it and wouldn't be satisfied. I think we all just take from this what we want to, that could be he is full of it or he made a decent deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #73
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Yep I recall you were interested in a 36/7500 lease from our PMs back on Dec 4.

There's a loyalty credit of $1250. Perhaps there's a regional lease credit of $750, which is why not all discounts are created equal.
Quote:
The BMW website does show a $750 lease credit in the southeast currently on the 2020x5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeynowbababooeyAckAck View Post
Ahh now I see. Okay so that’s where the 2k “rebate” is (1250 loyalty and 750 lease credit).
Quote:
It wasn’t even me who said anything about a BMWNA discount? All I said was I knew of a 1250 loyalty credit that I was receiving for owning a previous BMW within the year, plus I will get an additional 1k for being a CCA member after I receive the car.

Based on what you said about your 2000 rebate on that form you posted, i went to the BMW website and checked their promos, it said $750 conquest/loyalty credit. I didn't know what that was at the time but I posted that here, and you immediately confirmed that you got that. I thought since you knew what you were talking about, I got all excited and engaged my dealer because I didn't want to be missing out, but now I feel dumb for even asking.

So if you are, in fact, leasing how are you getting (2) credits from BMWNA that add up to 2k for 'customer rebate' on that sheet you posted??

Last edited by thereef510; 12-08-2019 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #74
mhodx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i ordered

If nothing else this has been a good Sunday time waster. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00
      12-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #75
vink
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C, 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmill2012 View Post
Guess you’re not a Wharton graduate either.

I said that you currently live in California yet you’re buying a car from the Southeast probably Georgia.
Shipping alone will cost you 1,500-2,000.
Again, nothing you’ve posted makes any sense . Your paperwork and you’re argument supporting it. You’ve confused other forum members with all of your misleading posts.

Why don’t you just post the name of the dealership and the salesperson that way we can call to verify what you’re saying? Or is that just for Wharton graduates ?
PM me your phone number and we can call the dealer together. I’ve invited you on my own dime to fly out and come with me on Tuesday. When the deal is confirmed and I show you I am telling the truth, admit your wrong the entire time on here and apologize then please stop posting negative lies and leave this forum. Deal?
On a contrary, I feel sorry for you. You landed yourself in a position to sponsor someone to fly down, bear all the expenses just to prove yourself right! Your Harvard education may have good negotiation skills but no convincing skills for sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #76
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Wharton is the University of Pennsylvania's business school although the OP may have mentioned going to Harvard also that I missed.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #77
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Why would he lie about this? who has time to concoct an elaborate tale to impress strangers on the internet? now i feel dirty. im done

Last edited by thereef510; 12-08-2019 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #78
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Ahh now I see. Okay so that’s where the 2k “rebate” is (1250 loyalty and 750 lease credit). So mathematically if we subtract the 2k in rebates I negotiated on my own (which is somehow what everyone wants to use as the final number) 66,973.81/77395= 13.47% off on my own accord. But in reality that 2k is still taken off no matter where it came from for 16"05% OVERALL discount total on my deal. I could have said “don’t do any rebates” and take off 2k from my “negotiations” and somehow that would have made a difference to everyone? 16% off is 16% off in total anyway you look at it, who cares what form it’s in right?
The reason separating incentives and dealer discount matters is because incentives are available to anyone who qualifies, no negotiation needed.

So for example, let's say all 16% was incentive. That 16% would be available to anyone who qualified for that incentive, and all of a sudden getting 16% is not a good deal, it's just the standard deal.

The other factor to keep in mind is that typically, incentives come from the manufacturer, whereas dealer discount comes out of the dealer's pocket. So you can't say, "don't do any rebates and take $2k off from my negotiations".

One way I've seen dealers use this to their advantage is by promising "extra" discount to customers unaware of incentives that would be available to them anyway, as a method of giving the impression of a better deal.

To truly understand what's possible in terms of negotiable discount, you have to look strictly at dealer discount. Since you posted a link to the leasehackr calculator, you must have perused their forums when doing your research, and you would have seen exactly this. Dealer discount and incentives are always separated.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 3
      12-08-2019, 10:32 PM   #79
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
The reason separating incentives and dealer discount matters is because incentives are available to anyone who qualifies, no negotiation needed.

So for example, let's say all 16% was incentive. That 16% would be available to anyone who qualified for that incentive, and all of a sudden getting 16% is not a good deal, it's just the standard deal.

The other factor to keep in mind is that typically, incentives come from the manufacturer, whereas dealer discount comes out of the dealer's pocket. So you can't say, "don't do any rebates and take $2k off from my negotiations".

One way I've seen dealers use this to their advantage is by promising "extra" discount to customers unaware of incentives that would be available to them anyway, as a method of giving the impression of a better deal.

To truly understand what's possible in terms of negotiable discount, you have to look strictly at dealer discount. Since you posted a link to the leasehackr calculator, you must have perused their forums when doing your research, and you would have seen exactly this. Dealer discount and incentives are always separated.
This ^ +1mil times.

Appreciate 1
wtwo317968.50
      12-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #80
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post

Dealer discount and incentives are always separated.
Prior to being here this past month, I've had my home dealer try to do exactly this even has a repeat customer. I wouldn't have even known if not for you guys and the wealth of information you all share.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317968.50
      12-08-2019, 11:57 PM   #81
fortmill2012
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Based on what you said about your 2000 rebate on that form you posted, i went to the BMW website and checked their promos, it said $750 conquest/loyalty credit. I didn't know what that was at the time but I posted that here, and you immediately confirmed that you got that. I thought since you knew what you were talking about, I got all excited and engaged my dealer because I didn't want to be missing out, but now I feel dumb for even asking.

So if you are, in fact, leasing how are you getting (2) credits from BMWNA that add up to 2k for 'customer rebate' on that sheet you posted??
BINGO. That was his first mistake . He can’t get a $2,000 loyalty rebate on a X5 lease. It’s only $1,250 for the month of December. .He knew nothing about the $750 Conquest rebate and how to qualify for it. .Anyone supposedly getting 16% off the MSRP would know of everything about the current rebates and the details of leasing .
There is a $2,000 APR financing rebate through BMWFS for the X5. Op got his rebates mixed up when he filled out his own form

Op edited and deleted in 2 of his posts that he lived in CA to now saying he doesn’t live there . Op posted the $80 licensing fee’s of CA.

Op has no emails , no official order forms and no deposit slip.

Op flew from CA to the Southeast on a Sunday to pick up a form that was dated on Saturday to post on an Internet forum .

Op brags he is a Wharton graduate whose job deals with acquisitions for some strange reason .Everyone on this site is educated and has the money to buy /lease a BMW.

Op will not tell any of us the dealership name or salespersons name to confirm anything .

Op hasn’t even mentioned MF, residual , Cap cost reduction , etc .

He has confused and wasted everyone’s time .

Call your BMW salesperson or sales manager and ask them if getting 16% off a custom build brand new 2020 X5 is possible . See if they don’t laugh and say that’s not possible.

Op....I thought you were interested in leasing a M5 too?

Last edited by fortmill2012; 12-09-2019 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00
      12-09-2019, 06:38 AM   #82
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

HeynowbababooeyAckAck I do have a question regarding the rebates that are listed under the lease option on your sheet. The amount of rebates for leasing is $2,250, I'm assuming the loyalty is $1,250 can you find out what they are giving the extra $1,000 for? Perhaps some type of regional rebate. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 07:34 AM   #83
spyfish007
Getting older, but I still love awesome fast cars!
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M & 2016 Z4 sDrive35is

Well there is a book difference between 16.5% and 13.5% of MSRP and well people on this forum are used to talking in terms of what the dealer gave up vs overall. 13.5% still seems very high especially on a X5 that is not fully optioned.

Also when doing a custom order, the dealer has about a 3 to 5 page printout of the order including configuration and price. It is definitely different paperwork than final when you pick up the car. The attached sheet would be one of several pages.

I will also add that getting to a great deal can be achieved many ways including some luck. However most of the time it is achieved with information and information the other side does not want you to know. You typically know everything about the other side. What the needs are, what motivates them, what their walk away point is, what others are doing a deal foe, what they think others are doing a deal for, etc etc. I don't have confidence that the OP fits this bill, so I am left with lucky or exaggerating/lying in one aspect or another.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #84
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

As I’ve said this entire time when the build goes into place and I receive all the paperwork I will gladly post it and prove everyone wrong!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #85
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

What's amazing about the OP story (not saying he's lying) is that based on his description he simply got this deal by waiting the dealer out. I'm paraphrasing, "Went to dealer, asked for 20%, they countered with 10%, after a few hours we met in the middle at 16%". He did this without even leveraging another deal. That's what I find the hardest to believe. Judging by the doc fee, I'm speculating this dealer is in GA (all GA BMW dealers I talked to charged $799). My local dealer was willing to let me walk after a 5% discount until I showed him another dealer was offering 9%. I can't imagine how that negotiation would have gone if I started off with something sky high like 20%. When I started at 10% the first thing the CA asked me was where am I getting that number from - what justification can you provide for such a high discount. At least at 10% I was able to say that I was following the sales in the region closely by using this very valuable forum and it seems that 10% was attainable, so that was my "buy it now" number. I had 3 dealers working against each other, one dealer walked away at 7%, the others went head to head to get to 9%. Keep in mind, this was over the course of several days, not a single day. When I negotiated the price, there were no incentives available, so this is pure discount. Now with the 3k finance credit and 750 conquest - my total discount is around 13%.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317968.50
      12-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #86
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
What's amazing about the OP story (not saying he's lying) is that based on his description he simply got this deal by waiting the dealer out. I'm paraphrasing, "Went to dealer, asked for 20%, they countered with 10%, after a few hours we met in the middle at 16%". He did this without even leveraging another deal. That's what I find the hardest to believe. Judging by the doc fee, I'm speculating this dealer is in GA (all GA BMW dealers I talked to charged $799). My local dealer was willing to let me walk after a 5% discount until I showed him another dealer was offering 9%. I can't imagine how that negotiation would have gone if I started off with something sky high like 20%. When I started at 10% the first thing the CA asked me was where am I getting that number from - what justification can you provide for such a high discount. At least at 10% I was able to say that I was following the sales in the region closely by using this very valuable forum and it seems that 10% was attainable, so that was my "buy it now" number. I had 3 dealers working against each other, one dealer walked away at 7%, the others went head to head to get to 9%. Keep in mind, this was over the course of several days, not a single day. When I negotiated the price, there were no incentives available, so this is pure discount. Now with the 3k finance credit and 750 conquest - my total discount is around 13%.
This is what I am used to, too. I have two BMW dealers in the Milwaukee Metro area. Both made comical initial offers to me on my X5 and M340i. When I engaged Chicagoland dealers and showed the local dealers their numbers things magically changed. This was a multi week process for me.

OP is going to have to PM me his dealer info so I can save it for when I'm ready for something new in a year or two - I'd happily road trip it to GA or FL (or anywhere, really) for those types of savings!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #87
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Oh, I absolutely called every dealer in the area. 9 to be exact. The first quote I received was 5.5% off and the numbers went up from there, each phone call I told to each dealer the previous numbers and name of the dealer (their competition) to see if they could beat. I did a lot of homework prior. I just knew the one dealer from servicing my wife’s current X5 and they have a reputation of being very aggressive in the area since there are so many BMW dealerships in such a small vicinity. Not to mention many of them are some of the largest dealers by volume in the US.
Attached Images

Last edited by HeynowbababooeyAckAck; 12-09-2019 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #88
Tek-dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20 X5 M60i 24 i5 M60 24 X7 M60

Let me start by saying I know almost nothing about the car business.

But I think I heard that the dealers make money off of their service department once you buy the car. If that is the case why would a dealer want to sell to someone far away at a huge discount. Not only is there the huge discount but no possibility of an income stream via the service department.

Like I said, I know next to nothing. But I do have some business sense I’ve picked up over the years.
Appreciate 0