WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer518 View Post
I believe that market price is based on the net that people typically pay for the new vehicle. So I consider the going rate for my build to be $70,125 and the depreciation starts from there, not from $82,395.
I hear you and I think we are just going to agree to disagree but just out of curiosity I did submit an appraisal request for my 45e on Vroom (Carvana does not have 45e in their system yet) and I will report back when they send me an offer.
Agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #508
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
I did an interesting experiment on bmw approved used website
4 yr old 30d
4 year old 40e
same mileage
guess what 30d prices are at least 3k higher despite there being tonnes more 30d than 40e.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50
      10-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #509
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
I did an interesting experiment on bmw approved used website
4 yr old 30d
4 year old 40e
same mileage
guess what 30d prices are at least 3k higher despite there being tonnes more 30d than 40e.
40e had the 4 banger, 45e comes with the same engine as the 40i so no compromise over the base engine. Diesel is not even an option here anymore...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #510
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
40e had the 4 banger, 45e comes with the same engine as the 40i so no compromise over the base engine. Diesel is not even an option here anymore...
Yeah, the 40e had a too small battery and too small petrol engine. The lower price is just reflective of it being easily the worst model of the range.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #511
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

I had both a 40e and a 530e (both leases that I gave back this year). The 45e is so far ahead of the 40e that I don't even know why BMW would sell another 4 cylinder hybrid in the 5 series again. The 40 mile all electric range versus 18 miles of the previous generation is a huge plus as even though I do a good amount of 70 mile plus trips I'm still using better than 55% in all electric and my combined mileage is 47mpg.

When I returned the X5 40e back to the dealer it went straight to wholesale auction. Surprisingly the 530e sold quickly off the dealers lot for about $2k less than the residual number.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 06:24 AM   #512
finn123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN' View Post
I had both a 40e and a 530e (both leases that I gave back this year). The 45e is so far ahead of the 40e that I don't even know why BMW would sell another 4 cylinder hybrid in the 5 series again. The 40 mile all electric range versus 18 miles of the previous generation is a huge plus as even though I do a good amount of 70 mile plus trips I'm still using better than 55% in all electric and my combined mileage is 47mpg.

When I returned the X5 40e back to the dealer it went straight to wholesale auction. Surprisingly the 530e sold quickly off the dealers lot for about $2k less than the residual number.
2.0 liters can be a beast take the 740e as an example (I owed it for 1.5 years and drive that now while waiting for x5 45e). It’s insane what they did and how it performs. No idea, why X5 40e didn’t have tuned 2.0 as 7 series had.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 07:43 AM   #513
Tommy11220
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e (2021)

Any news on the status of the affected hybrid X5s or is this thread hijacked to discuss engine preferences of drivers in America?
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 09:06 AM   #514
xvm_45e
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb27 View Post
Just had an update from my dealer in Belgium. In fairness to him, he is always really helpful and communicates with me everything he knows.
I think the communication problem is, that he, along with the other dealers are a little bit left in the dark in this whole situation.

So in summary;
The process of testing starts in ZeeBrugge from Nov 4th.
Everything for the moment seems on track and he expects once they get started it will move pretty quick, of course depending where you are in the queue.
I don't think we can expect any cars being released before 2nd week Nov.

They are installing charging poles in ZeeBrugge at the moment for the testing, hence the delay.

He told me we will know a lot more next week once everything gets started.
My car is still at the dealers, which I understand. Expected to be picked up sometime next week. No point I guess in it standing in ZeeBrugge.

The new deliveries of the 45e from now on are a different production batch therefore have no problems! People are collecting their new 45e's all this week!!! annoying!

Also I asked him what would happen if the delay gets closer till 2021 for the tax implications. He told me once you have a signed contract before 1st Oct 20' the new tax rules do not apply.
I also asked about the warranty on the battery and particularly a warranty related to this fault, and he told me there is a 6 year battery warranty standard.

Finally I asked him about the official communication from BMW, he told me BMW are only contacting the people who have already have their car delivered and are driving on restricted modes. I can imagine they need to do this for liability reasons. (he also seemed to think there will be a fuel compensation for these customers) - going to follow this up a later date!

So I guess we need to wait out another week and we will then have some more concrete information.

At least this is what I have been told!!
I received similar feedback from my dealer today:
- affected cars are being transported back to Zeebrugge as of November 4th.
- For the transport to Zeebrugge, testing proces over there, and transport back to the dealer, they estimate this will take about 10 days.
- the entire operation is done in a number of different waves, the dealers need to provide for their affected customers a priority list. No idea how many cars are processed, or how BMW in general distributes slots to dealers, or how the dealer decide which car goes in which wave. All I know is that my car is in that first wave, and will be picked up as of November 4th. I hope to have the car before the end of November (ordered back in January...), fingers crossed!
Appreciate 4
      10-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #515
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
- For the transport to Zeebrugge, testing proces over there, and transport back to the dealer, they estimate this will take about 10 days.
- the entire operation is done in a number of different waves, the dealers need to provide for their affected customers a priority list. No idea how many cars are processed, or how BMW in general distributes slots to dealers, or how the dealer decide which car goes in which wave. All I know is that my car is in that first wave, and will be picked up as of November 4th. I hope to have the car before the end of November (ordered back in January...), fingers crossed!
I see this as very positive news ;-) Thanks xvm_45e

At least it seems the information is consistent and therefore more than likely reliable...or becoming more reliable!

Starting to get a little bit excited...:-)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #516
Tom dew
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
So you already have the car? Or is it a the dealership.
Mine is in Zeebrugge since 20th september and is still there.
They never delivered it at the dealership.
So i guess and hope my car will be tested by the first ones.
My dealer said test will take up tot 68 hours before completed.
Fingers crossed .. i hope you have mine half november.

Ordered half jan
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #517
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Mine is still at the dealers ;-)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 09:31 AM   #518
xvm_45e
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom dew View Post
So you already have the car? Or is it a the dealership.
Mine is in Zeebrugge since 20th september and is still there.
They never delivered it at the dealership.
So i guess and hope my car will be tested by the first ones.
My dealer said test will take up tot 68 hours before completed.
Fingers crossed .. i hope you have mine half november.
Mine was delivered at the dealer September 24th, I was supposed to pick it up September 30th but the day before I got the dreaded phone call about the recall. The car has been on the dealer's parking lot since then. I went over to the dealer the 30th to have a look and take some pictures, since that day I look at the picture from time to time and start crying :/ ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #519
Tom dew
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Just like mine...
Full black..nice
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #520
Rparker
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biterror View Post
I heard that in Finland the cars will be shipped back to Hanko (the port where the new cars arrive here). Probably the same for other countries?
I heard the same thing in Norway. Cars arrived in the last month have been held at the arrival port and lately actually been held in Bremerhaven until a fix have been identified so the procedure can be carried out there. Assuming cars that are already on the road with the charging ban will be requested to be brought back to this location (country by country) for their test procedure too at some scheduled time.

There is rumors about multiple charging stations being installed at the local port and test procedure is about to start very soon. It was also mentioned that the actual testing procedure would take quite some hours so that seems to be consistent too. At least it seems to be certain consistency of what dealers are sharing of information with members here at this point of time which could a sign of assurance that there are a fix in the near future.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #521
NazaK
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 418d

Quote:
I was still doubting to get my 741M rims coated black, dealer called me last week that they had one on the lot, looks like it was yours
Rims look great in Satin Black, it has persuaded me to get mine done also!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #522
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazaK View Post
I was still doubting to get my 741M rims coated black, dealer called me last week that they had one on the lot, looks like it was yours
Rims look great in Satin Black, it has persuaded me to get mine done also!
Indeed that looks like mine.

I have more close up pictures of the wheels if you want.
They are more Matt than Satin I think.

Im also going for all the badges in black btw :-) and some spacers on the wheels and.....probably a modified exhaust from Heinz.... :-)

My inner boy is going all out after this wait...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #523
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike

Rumour has it that they would skip the tests and replace the batteries in all cars that have received potentially impure batteries. At least that it what some German customers have reported as news from their respective dealers.
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50
      10-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #524
Tommy11220
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Rumour has it that they would skip the tests and replace the batteries in all cars that have received potentially impure batteries. At least that it what some German customers have reported as news from their respective dealers.
Can confirm this is exactly what my dealer told me. The test process is not happening and Munich is trying to source replacement batteries asap. The repair (swapping of the pack) can be done on site at the dealer's garage and supposedly only takes 2hrs.
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50
      10-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #525
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
this sounds so much like the egr cooler fiasco.
1. some affected cars went on fire
2.few months later bmw accepted it might be due to egr cooler
3. few months later bmw developed a test procedure to see if the egr cooler was faulty as they didn't have stock to replace everyones.
4. lengthy wait for parts with many cars impounded for months.
4. few years later bmw decided to replace all egr coolers in cars affected in that time period.

I see a similar trajectory here...
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18183.50
biterror515.50
      10-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #526
Rparker
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
That sounds like an expensive solution for BMW. From a client perspective it would take away doubt that something bad could potentially happen. Is your source reliable? Great if it is though. First time I hear this alternative other than a surfacing on the wishlist for many.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #527
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@KRS_SN: So do I - or could you propose a superior course of action to BMW?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #528
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@Rparker: They will make Samsung (i.e. the manufacturer of the batteries) pay for it.
Appreciate 0