BimmerVinyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lights View Post
I have a service appointment tomorrow first thing in the morning (Saturday 8/31 / US Pacific time) and I'm trying to decide if I should keep it. The purpose is to get a new software update.

The dealership installed 03/2019.70 only a few weeks ago but the following issues persist

1. Radio unresponsive when attempting to change channel via any input method
2. Occasional (although less frequent) CarPlay connectivity issues
3. Tailgate fails to close/lock sometimes when pressing lock button even when key is over 1ft away from the rear tailgate.

I saw there were July updates released, yet I had my last software update in August. Perhaps they were recalled? It seems like some updates cause more problems than they solve and at least CarPlay is tolerable now.

Who has a newer update than I do and recommends it? Should I cancel and wait for another round of software improvements? Need pretty quick turnaround on opinions/experiences.
How does your tailgate close from the fob? So annoying that you can't use the trunk button on the fob to reverse. Asked the dealership about coding and they got quite defensive about how it's a safety risk as if every other car doesn't allow you to close trunk via fob.
Haha, funny as a 2019 Subaru Forester tailgate can be closed via the keyfob.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #24
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB316 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have a service appointment tomorrow first thing in the morning (Saturday 8/31 / US Pacific time) and I'm trying to decide if I should keep it. The purpose is to get a new software update.

The dealership installed 03/2019.70 only a few weeks ago but the following issues persist

3. Tailgate fails to close/lock sometimes when pressing lock button even when key is over 1ft away from the rear tailgate.

I saw there were July updates released, yet I had my last software update in August. Perhaps they were recalled? It seems like some updates cause more problems than they solve and at least CarPlay is tolerable now.

Who has a newer update than I do and recommends it? Should I cancel and wait for another round of software improvements? Need pretty quick turnaround on opinions/experiences.
How does your tailgate close from the fob? So annoying that you can't use the trunk button on the fob to reverse. Asked the dealership about coding and they got quite defensive about how it's a safety risk as if every other car doesn't allow you to close trunk via fob.
Every car with a power tailgate seems to. Even Mercedes. I literally thought mine was broken when I tried several times to figure it out before checking here.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #25
BimmerVinyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Every car with a power tailgate seems to. Even Mercedes. I literally thought mine was broken when I tried several times to figure it out before checking here.
Yes, it's ridiculous. My Range Rover did too.
Now with the July Update on my car, it appears I can't code nearly as much as a I could with Bimmercode prior 🙄
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 06:32 AM   #26
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2020 RRS SE, 201

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, it's ridiculous. My Range Rover did too.
Now with the July Update on my car, it appears I can't code nearly as much as a I could with Bimmercode prior 🙄
I could NOT close rear hatch/trunk with the key fob on my 2016 Porsche Cayenne S. For some reason I thought the BMW would be able to
2017 BMW 530i xDrive Black
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i Jet Black
Appreciate 0