BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

ACC

Playing around with M50i builds. Where is the ACC? Don't see it as standard or any option pkg that contains it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Playing around with M50i builds. Where is the ACC? Don't see it as standard or any option pkg that contains it.
It’s part of the Driving Assistance Pro Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
It’s part of the Driving Assistance Pro Package.
Thanks. They don't even mention ACC in the package description.
Guess you can't just get ACC alone any longer. Amazing that a $83K premium SUV does not include it in 2020!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 08:48 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Thanks. They don't even mention ACC in the package description.
Guess you can't just get ACC alone any longer. Amazing that a $83K premium SUV does not include it in 2020!
Many, possibly most, of those who are interested in the M50i want one so they can drive it and do not want all of the various driver assistance systems. They can get by with the standard cruise control or don't mind dropping the extra $1,700 for the package.
Appreciate 1
nvsocr755.00
      09-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #5
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Many, possibly most, of those who are interested in the M50i want one so they can drive it and do not want all of the various driver assistance systems. They can get by with the standard cruise control or don't mind dropping the extra $1,700 for the package.
Would be nice to have. Just very irritating that a feature that is now standard on 40K vehicles is a still a option on a X5 configured at $91K really pretty ridiculous. I know that Benz, ect do the same thing but still bothers me.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Would be nice to have. Just very irritating that a feature that is now standard on 40K vehicles is a still a option on a X5 configured at $91K really pretty ridiculous. I know that Benz, ect do the same thing but still bothers me.
Oh yea, we had members find this lack of ACC on the ride home from delivery. That would be a deal breaker for me. Its true that all the top luxury makes leave it as a option. They figure no one would cross shop a $90k SUV with a Explorer and they are kinda right.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Oh yea, we had members find this lack of ACC on the ride home from delivery. That would be a deal breaker for me. Its true that all the top luxury makes leave it as a option. They figure no one would cross shop a $90k SUV with a Explorer and they are kinda right.
Well I guess the joke is on the new 90K X5 owner when that Explorer or Highlander or RX350 or Pilot ,ect,ect owner shows him their nice standard adaptive cruise control his X5 does not have.

I guess this ties in with the story BMW making huge profits off the model. Maybe we'll see them jack the paint prices up soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 08:38 AM   #8
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Well I guess the joke is on the new 90K X5 owner
I would agree with you if the new owner was lead to believe that ACC was included in the base car.

But I wouldn't agree with you if the new owner knew it was an option but just didn't want to pay for it.

I don't think people, in general, care about what the pieces cost, they care about the bottom line price. If ACC was in the base car the price would be higher.

Lack of ACC was a deal killer on both of the BMWs we bought and I made sure I had the appropriate options checked for it. When we were looking for our first BMW I told the dealer ACC was a requirement but the dealer didn't have any cars on the lot with it. So instead we decided to order a car but at the time BMW was not accepting orders that included ACC because they had a parts shortage.

So we walked. In the end, the dealer had a car coming in with ACC and that is the one we bought.
Appreciate 2
perikifi165.50
MystroX56289.50
      09-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #9
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

My poor dealer learned how to order the new G05 the right way with me. Even they were confused in the ordering process with simple options BMW purposely left confusing in the ordering descriptions.
They had dealer allocations coming in that didn’t have ACC that customers refused. The Sunstone color couldn’t even get ACC and the poor owner that ordered it refused it. It sat in the dealer showroom looking beautiful but not properly equipped. The smokescreen BMW put up was they showcased all the super advanced tech given the impression basic mid-level tech like ACC would certainly be included.
This is like getting paying up for laminated glass but not telling you it doesn’t come tinted. Or getting 22” wheels but they don’t come with valve stems.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #10
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
I would agree with you if the new owner was lead to believe that ACC was included in the base car.

But I wouldn't agree with you if the new owner knew it was an option but just didn't want to pay for it.

I don't think people, in general, care about what the pieces cost, they care about the bottom line price. If ACC was in the base car the price would be higher.

Lack of ACC was a deal killer on both of the BMWs we bought and I made sure I had the appropriate options checked for it. When we were looking for our first BMW I told the dealer ACC was a requirement but the dealer didn't have any cars on the lot with it. So instead we decided to order a car but at the time BMW was not accepting orders that included ACC because they had a parts shortage.

So we walked. In the end, the dealer had a car coming in with ACC and that is the one we bought.

I think your missing my point. At a base price of $82K the M50i should have ACC STANDARD. The vehicle is priced high enough that BMW can include it. It should not be a option on a top of the line luxury SUV at this price! How can a Lincoln, Lexus, Toyota or Honda include the feature at a price point $10s of thousand less?

What else are we going to tolerate being soaked extra for? Bad enough the M50i still does not have proper DRL's, just the defective looking bags under eyes dime store ones unless you pony up extra $1000

Ah yes profit margin in ball park of Ferrari Tributo that's right.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #11
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
My poor dealer learned how to order the new G05 the right way with me. Even they were confused in the ordering process with simple options BMW purposely left confusing in the ordering descriptions.
They had dealer allocations coming in that didn’t have ACC that customers refused. The Sunstone color couldn’t even get ACC and the poor owner that ordered it refused it. It sat in the dealer showroom looking beautiful but not properly equipped. The smokescreen BMW put up was they showcased all the super advanced tech given the impression basic mid-level tech like ACC would certainly be included.
This is like getting paying up for laminated glass but not telling you it doesn’t come tinted. Or getting 22” wheels but they don’t come with valve stems.
Nicely said. ACC is basic, common mid level tech now standard on run of the mill volume vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #12
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
How can a Lincoln, Lexus, Toyota or Honda include the feature at a price point $10s of thousand less?

I already know I'm paying extra to have a BMW. If I wanted to minimize the price I paid to buy and maintain an SUV I wouldn't be looking at BMW at all, I'd go with Lincoln, Lexus, Toyota, or Honda. The fact that ACC is an option on BMW's really doesn't matter, it just an extra checkbox.

If BMW can convince people to support the margin they have built into the price of their cars, more power to them. I can't figure out how they do it with competition on price, like Lincoln, Lexus, Toyota and Honda but the got me to buy one of their cars
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50