Bimmervegas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 50i / 2016 428i GC

Looking to get a new 19 G05 - questions

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted. Read alot of the sticky's and other posts before asking these questions. Looking to trade in my 16 F15 M Sport for a 19 M Sport G05. Here's a few questions I haven't been able to find answers for yet:

1. Multi-Contour Seats: Are multi contour seats WITHOUT ventilation still available? When you do the BMW BYO configurator, it looks like you automatically get MC seats once you selected merino leather. Do you have to get the Luxury seating package to get the massagers and ventilation? I do NOT want the ventilation, but would love the massagers.

2. Steering wheel - I'm hoping the G05 addressed the steering wheel height and allows for a lower downward-most position than the F15 did. Biggest complaint for me was the steering wheel being so #$%! high in my F15. I actually had (3) F15s - 14 35d, 15 50i, and now 16 xDrive35i.

3. Haven't gone to physically drive or look at the G05 since my dealer doesn't have any on the lot with MC seats right now - according to their online inventory list. MC seats are an absolute must for me due to some issues with my legs and hips - sports injuries.

4. From all the reading, it looks like I should get around 10% off MSRP when combining dealer discount plus stackable rebates. Does the $2000 financing credit apply to leases, or just finance contracts? I would qualify for the loyalty credit and BMW CCA credit (handled outside the dealer I know).

5. Rims/Tires. I see that the 20s are now all-season RFT. The 21's are performance (summer) RFT, and the 22's are summer non-rft. Which will have the longest treadwear rating??? I know that they normally have (2) or (3) different manufacturer's tires on each rim size, but I'd like to know which one will be longest lasting [and potentially last] the life of the lease (12k miles/yr for 36 month lease)

Thanks for any pointers and help - really appreciate it.
SOLD: 2014 X5 xDrive35d BSM M-Sport & 2015 X5 xDrive50i Mineral White M-Sport

Last edited by Bimmervegas; 02-11-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmervegas View Post
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted. Read alot of the sticky's and other posts before asking these questions. Looking to trade in my 16 F15 M Sport for a 19 M Sport G05. Here's a few questions I haven't been able to find answers for yet:

1. Multi-Contour Seats: Are multi contour seats WITHOUT ventilation still available? When you do the BMW BYO configurator, it looks like you automatically get MC seats once you selected merino leather. Do you have to get the Luxury seating package to get the massagers and ventilation? I do NOT want the ventilation, but would love the massagers.
When you select extended Merino leather, MC seating is included. Unfortunately you can't order massaging only. Luxury seating package upgrades MC seats to massaging AND ventilated.

Quote:
2. Steering wheel - I'm hoping the G05 addressed the steering wheel height and allows for a lower downward-most position than the F15 did. Biggest complaint for me was the steering wheel being so #$%! high in my F15. I actually had (3) F15s - 14 35d, 15 50i, and now 16 xDrive35i.
I haven't measured the lowest steering height in the new G05, but depending on how high your seat is adjusted it's relative to that. My F15 doesn't get low enough either and I doubt that BMW has different minimal powered steering wheel heights across vehicles. My experience has been manually adjusted get low - powered not as much.

Quote:
3. Haven't gone to physically drive or look at the G05 since my dealer doesn't have any on the lot with MC seats right now - according to their online inventory list. MC seats are an absolute must for me due to some issues with my legs and hips - sports injuries.
MC seating hasn't changed significantly from F15 to G05. You still get the same range of adjustments and headrest cushions. There are refined seating controls, new stitching and leathers - Vernasca (better than Dakota, Merino replaces Nappa)

Quote:
4. From all the reading, it looks like I should get around 10% off MSRP when combining dealer discount plus stackable rebates. Does the $2000 financing credit apply to leases, or just finance contracts? I would qualify for the loyalty credit and BMW CCA credit (handled outside the dealer I know).
2K finance credit does not apply to leasing. Lease program updates are updated here:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541151

Incentives may differ in your local area

15k miles / 56% residual
12k miles / 58% residual
10k miles / 59% residual

$1500 loyalty credit

Quote:
5. Rims/Tires. I see that the 20s are now all-season RFT. The 21's are performance (summer) RFT, and the 22's are summer non-rft. Which will have the longest treadwear rating??? I know that they normally have (2) or (3) different manufacturer's tires on each rim size, but I'd like to know which one will be longest lasting [and potentially last] the life of the lease (12k miles/yr for 36 month lease)
You'll most likely get longer treadwear on the all-season 20s RFT, but it's dependent on tires you end up with, your driving style, local roads, etc. Also with 20s square setup, you'll be able to rotate versus 21/22s staggered.

Quote:
Thanks for any pointers and help - really appreciate it.
To maximize your incentives, look into joining BMWCCA to get a $1K club membership rebate for X5, X6 and X7. Get the 3 year membership and immediately qualify for the membership rebate program.

https://www.bmwcca.org/rebate-update

Cheers and keep us posted.

Last edited by Auricom; 02-11-2019 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
mntbiker123.00
      02-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #3
X5_CC
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Regarding steering wheel height — it does not go down as low as I would like. Not sure if it's low enough for you... probably should check one out to be sure.
Appreciate 0