BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
AdamL
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M Sport

So on the second journey since I picked the car up I had a chassis check warning and it was like the car had had its shock absorbers removed. Awful. On the plus side BMW Assistance were amazing and were going to send someone out to me but I managed to fix it so thought I would post here in case anyone else out there gets the same issue.

So I tried the usual of switching the car off and then on to no avail, the fault kept occurring. Then I had a look around the wheel area at the front and saw what is in the first pic, what looks like a disconnected servo.

When I moved the servo the suspension started going up and down. I presume it is what tells the car the relative position of each wheel to keep the suspension level. Now I am not sure why this was disconnected but I wonder if they disconnect them for transport to stop the car suspension constantly hunting and wearing the battery down and therefore may not have been correctly re-connected. Anyway all sorted now so if you get the same symptoms it it defo worth a check!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
LexxM31697.50
Ilyam5890.00