BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-09-2024, 08:45 AM   #1
Bryce1023
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes 2021 GLE 2022 GLC

2024 x5 build quality

I currently own a 2021 Mercedes GLE 350 which I will be trading in before the end of the year. I purchased the vehicle and don’t want to own it beyond warranty. I also own 2 2022 GLCs which I will not be trading in this year. BTW, I’ve had no issues with all my Mercedes.
I am considering replacing the GLE with an x5, either a 2024 or 2025 MY. I’ve owned 2 BMWs in the past. I try not to purchase too many options mainly because I want to keep the price down, and I don’t want to buy anything that I really don’t use.
I generally find some very knowledgeable people on these sites and perhaps some people who can provide some info about the new x5 and how it may compare to a new GLE 350, which is the other vehicle I am considering. I will also look at the Audi q7, however, it is not as strong a contender for my business.
I realize the x5 is a 6 cylinder vs the GLE 350 4 cylinder. The power aspect of the comparison is not of vital importance. Has anyone made the same move going from a GLE to an x5? How is the build quality of the x5, are there some common initial complaints regarding the x5?
Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am open to MY 2024 or 2025, doesn’t seem like there were any significant changes. I have previously posted on the Mercedes blog and would now like to get a different perspective. Thank you
Appreciate 0