03-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #177
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335penguin View Post
I would like to input a woman's opinion, I read through most of the comments telling him to dump her if she wants an expensive nice ring. I disagree This is something she will wear on her finger every day for the rest of her life it should be what she wants, that being said perhaps she should help pay for her ring. I personally want a nice ring and we've talked about when the time comes to picking out and getting a ring if the one I want costs more than he can afford I will chip in. I wouldn't want him to financially suffer I'd say yes to anything he got me but there's nothing wrong with pitching in and getting exactly what I want.
Are you serious? If a man pledges his love and dedication to you for the rest of his life you shouldn't give a crap about what's on your finger.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #178
335penguin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I don't understand the "perhaps she should help pay for the ring". Every woman that gets married to the man that bought the ring will help pay for the ring unless they plan on keeping all money separate. If he spends $50k or whatever the number, once they get married and everything gets combined, the missing $50k, or payments or whatever is now both of their problem. If the number is a drop in the bucket to what he has it may not matter but for most an expensive ring is just a delay in buying other things (house, school loans, car, kids college) or a reduction in their ability to use the money for other things.

If she had a large amount of money and I had very little I would be happy to buy the expensive ring. Once we combine our money the problem will be gone. Whether she likes it or not she will have paid for the ring.

Not everyone combines their finances and not everyone finances the ring some pay in full. I was just putting it out there that maybe he should talk to his girlfriend about what he's willing to pay for her ring and if she wants more than that she can help pay. Also not every guy is going to add in the cost of the ring to their combined bills etc. some may keep it separate as they purchased it for their significant other and they recipient should not have to pay.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #179
335penguin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Are you serious? If a man pledges his love and dedication to you for the rest of his life you shouldn't give a crap about what's on your finger.
Can you not read? I clearly said I'd say yes to anything he got me shit I'd say yes to a ringpop. All I said was if I wanted to help purchase something I would like to see on my finger I don't see anything wrong with that I'm not putting it all on his shoulders kinda a win win if you ask me but you're entitled to your opinions as well

What if your significant other wanted to buy you a car and she could only afford a 320i but you'd really like to be in a m3 and you choose to put some of your money into the purchase now with her money and your money you get an m3. Sounds good to me
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #180
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Quote:
I would like to input a woman's opinion, I read through most of the comments telling him to dump her if she wants an expensive nice ring. I disagree This is something she will wear on her finger every day for the rest of her life it should be what she wants, that being said perhaps she should help pay for her ring. I personally want a nice ring and we've talked about when the time comes to picking out and getting a ring if the one I want costs more than he can afford I will chip in. I wouldn't want him to financially suffer I'd say yes to anything he got me but there's nothing wrong with pitching in and getting exactly what I want.
I don't see anything wrong with wanting nice/quality stuff in general, and if you're an equal contributor in the relationship then why not? I think the problem most are having is with girls that want to be spoiled so they can compete with their friends and show off.

If you're talking about a purchase that you as a couple can easily afford, and you as a couple decide that it's something you want to spend money on then go for it. However, some girls expect the guy to pay for the whole thing and will not accept anything below X amount. That attitude, and delaying your future (house downpayment, kids, etc.) significantly because the ring has to be a certain amount isn't the healthiest approach.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #181
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Can you not read? I clearly said I'd say yes to anything he got me shit I'd say yes to a ringpop. All I said was if I wanted to help purchase something I would like to see on my finger I don't see anything wrong with that I'm not putting it all on his shoulders kinda a win win if you ask me but you're entitled to your opinions as well
My now-wife supplied the stone; she had inherited it from a grandmother. I supplied the metal part. Win-win for us indeed. Second marriage though. I'm not certain she would have done the same thing her first time around; she's done some growing up since then. Sounds like you're already there.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #182
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Oh my gosh! Dump her! How can she want at least a $50k ring and a $200k wedding! She even wants to stay at home and make you pay for the nanny to take care of the 5 kids, the house cleaner to clean the 8 bedroom 12ba estate, a gardener to make sure the hedges always spell your initials, a yards keeper to ensure the 2 prize winning Icelandic horses are well kept in a stall fit for such vikings, private boarding school for the kids before they set off to Harvard for undergrad with summer school in England at Oxford?

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 08:48 PM   #183
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker
Oh my gosh! Dump her! How can she want at least a $50k ring and a $200k wedding! She even wants to stay at home and make you pay for the nanny to take care of the 5 kids, the house cleaner to clean the 8 bedroom 12ba estate, a gardener to make sure the hedges always spell your initials, a yards keeper to ensure the 2 prize winning Icelandic horses are well kept in a stall fit for such vikings, private boarding school for the kids before they set off to Harvard for undergrad with summer school in England at Oxford?

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
Do you know how much it would cost to have my hedges trimmed in my initials? It can't be too much, right?

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #184
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1965 Land Rover Series 2A

Quote:
WAIT! STOP THE PRESSES. Are you saying you are a Female posting in OT?

AMAZING! We are up to five females in OT. They are multiplying. Does Phillipe know yet? I sense leg humping soon.

Welcome to OT.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #185
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John
Quote:
long fucking post.

AMAZING! We are up to five females in OT. They are multiplying. Does Phillipe know yet? I sense leg humping soon.

Welcome to OT.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #186
335penguin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
My now-wife supplied the stone; she had inherited it from a grandmother. I supplied the metal part. Win-win for us indeed. Second marriage though. I'm not certain she would have done the same thing her first time around; she's done some growing up since then. Sounds like you're already there.

Aww thanks I do consider myself quite grown up especially for being 23 and that's awesome that you two were able to create a ring together it's all about the sentimental value!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:03 PM   #187
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Aww thanks I do consider myself quite grown up especially for being 23 and that's awesome that you two were able to create a ring together it's all about the sentimental value!
23 y/o female... self-described. One of two things needs to happen immediately.

1. bimmette needs to take this one under her wing (and possibly change her nick to start over.)

2. You need to admit you are really...
      03-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #188
335penguin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John View Post

Welcome to OT.
Thanks but idk about leg humping
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #189
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Stop posting pics of UncleWede!

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #190
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Mm mm Cheetos
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 09:16 PM   #191
335penguin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
23 y/o female... self-described. One of two things needs to happen immediately.

1. bimmette needs to take this one under her wing (and possibly change her nick to start over.)

2. You need to admit you are really...
Maybe there are a bunch of girls on here but they don't want anyone to know cause shit like this happens
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #192
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335penguin

Maybe there are a bunch of girls on here but they don't want anyone to know cause shit like this happens
Naaaaah. It's cuz they don't wants to get chorused into an Internet relationship with the fine male specimens on OT; silly goose
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:19 PM   #193
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Possibly.... truthfully, I was just suggesting you seek safety in numbers. Sometimes, the girls have to form a protective circle enclosed in a ring of fire surrounded by moat. You want to be on the right side of that moat when the shit goes down.
      03-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #194
335penguin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
Naaaaah. It's cuz they don't wants to get chorused into an Internet relationship with the fine male specimens on OT; silly goose
fine male specimens lmao no comment
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #195
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

OP, where you at bruh.

Did the GF access your BP app?

Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 09:29 PM   #196
335penguin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Possibly.... truthfully, I was just suggesting you seek safety in numbers. Sometimes, the girls have to form a protective circle enclosed in a ring of fire surrounded by moat. You want to be on the right side of that moat when the shit goes down.
ooohh maybe we can drink some wine in this protective circle and talk about all the car parts we want and then we can all go shopping together I need someone to go shopping with for some wheels any volunteers?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:35 PM   #197
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I have 4 sets what you want
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #198
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-T View Post
Why aren't you runnibg for POTUS with such powerful statements.
I would have to take a pay cut and it takes too much time so I'd to cut back on my time on BP OT. NOT HAPPENING!!
Appreciate 1