United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilajio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Hi Everyone,

I need some feedback on the third row option. Does it work well and can regular 5'4-5'8 adults sit in the back seat? Can the second row move forward to make legroom for the third row passengers?

For another $1,200 or so, it seems like a steal but at the same time it does add the air suspension as well.

I already have an M2C for hardcore/fun driving, so I might just give up the M-adaptive on the X5 and go for the air suspension + third row option. Reading the forums online, there are so many mixed reviews comparing air vs. M-adaptive. Does anyone here regret the air suspension?

Currently, I am torn deciding if the third row is useable for small adults. I am not able to find any X5 at the dealer which I can go and see myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Hi Everyone,

I need some feedback on the third row option. Does it work well and can regular 5'4-5'8 adults sit in the back seat? Can the second row move forward to make legroom for the third row passengers?

For another $1,200 or so, it seems like a steal but at the same time it does add the air suspension as well.

I already have an M2C for hardcore/fun driving, so I might just give up the M-adaptive on the X5 and go for the air suspension + third row option. Reading the forums online, there are so many mixed reviews comparing air vs. M-adaptive. Does anyone here regret the air suspension?

Currently, I am torn deciding if the third row is useable for small adults. I am not able to find any X5 at the dealer which I can go and see myself.
So I have this set up.

3rd option add electric rear seats that adjusts the back slightly and can move the row forward (one seat individually, and the other as a pair)

The 3rd row isn't great, but is passable, I've had 7 in mine and my Mrs and sister in law in the 3rd row, one is 5ft 8 the other 5ft 4. They said it was fine for the relatively short distance we drove, but would probably want to rotate with other passengers if in the car for longer than an hour.

It's perfect for occasional or if you're under 5ft 5. But if you need 3rd row, x7 or q7 is probably a better option.
I found q7 to be tight as well... plus that suv or sav is huge.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 04:51 PM   #24
WhereItsAt
Constantly Learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four Wheels

We have the 3rd row. For people under 5'6", it works well. However, like others have commented the space is less than the Q7,X7. However, my wife didn't want a larger vehicle than the X5, but wanted the option to carry more people. The 2nd row seats that come with the 3rd are power and convenient. Additionally, adding the front air suspension ups the cargo capacity and provides 1,200 more pounds of towing capacity.

It wasn't worth the additional some odd $10k for the X7 3rd row space for our limited use. If we had younger kids, maybe. But we would have probably chosen the Telluride for half the cost. That way the kids french fries between the seat cushions wouldn't bother me nor the foot marks on the back of chairs...
Appreciate 1
M40i4me1037.00