BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-21-2020, 06:50 AM   #1
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i G05

Hi all..

sorry if this thread already exists, but this should be the most enjoyable time while we wait for our cars to be delivered. Instead, the delivery feels months away with fading joy...

So does the tune industry. Usually to bypass the waiting period I am on a hunt for tuning parts which now is "almost" impossible due to the lockdown. Happy I got my wheels and front lip while I am still waiting for my M50i. Today I've been told the car has arrived in Bremerhaven.... lets see how long the customs will take

How do you guys survive these times?

Lets keep our heads up, as we have been lucky to have such "hi end luxury problems"

Better times will come
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Not 100% on topic but still

Had to wait 9 months. Found it hell. Now that have the car I'm not allowed to drive it except for groceries.

So my guilty pleasure is. Put empty grocery bags in the trunk and a shopping list on the passenger seat and do 30min trips though the beautiful blossoming apple orchards here.

I'm more concerned about the economic aftermath. I see 50% of projects cancelled and quite a few clients indicated they will not financially be able to endure another 6week lockdown.
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      04-21-2020, 08:09 AM   #3
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit-X View Post

How do you guys survive this times?
Counting the days and driving my wife nuts

Ordered in July, production was scheduled in the week Spartanburg closed. Dealer is clueless when the car will enter production and about delivery time.

It will be still a long wait for my wife
Appreciate 1
Bandit-X113.00
      04-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post

Ordered in July, production was scheduled in the week Spartanburg closed. Dealer is clueless when the car will enter production and about delivery time.

Same here, car was meant to be produced last week.
Last contact with the dealer was more than 3 weeks ago and they haven't got a clue about a new production date.

Annoying that customers are completely left in the dark.
Bandit-X113.00
      04-21-2020, 08:19 AM   #5
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post

Had to wait 9 months. Found it hell. Now that have the car I'm not allowed to drive it except for groceries.

So my guilty pleasure is. Put empty grocery bags in the trunk and a shopping list on the passenger seat and do 30min trips though the beautiful blossoming apple orchards here.

I'm more concerned about the economic aftermath. I see 50% of projects cancelled and quite a few clients indicated they will not financially be able to endure another 6week lockdown.
Hopefully our smart politicians will leave the lockdown beginning of May in a controlled manner. If the lockdown lasts longer it will be an economical and social disaster.
Every other European country is starting up. But that doesn't say anything. Belgium also counts the deaths in a different manner than the rest of the world so we are the leader in COVID deaths per capita
Appreciate 1
Bandit-X113.00
      04-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #6
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

I can hear you... and its not that off topic as that is what worries me a bit also..as you stated, clients dont know if they can survive another month.. that said, buying a new car in a time where private company owners and others may have to cancel their order which in that case will have an negative effect on the car prices. I am not willing to buy a car that might lose value more rapidly than usual. Car and bike manufacturers closed their factories and might be sitting on a bunch of pre-orders that they can not sell....

Worst case I have a solid car and can opt up for a mad max tune :-)

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #7
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

How do you guys survive this times?

Lol
That is the worst thing not knowing when delivery will take place
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 08:49 AM   #8
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
I can hear you... and its not that off topic as that is what worries me a bit also..as you stated, clients dont know if they can survive another month.. that said, buying a new car in a time where private company owners and others may have to cancel their order which in that case will have an negative effect on the car prices. I am not willing to buy a car that might lose value more rapidly than usual. Car and bike manufacturers closed their factories and might be sitting on a bunch of pre-orders that they can not sell....

I have ordered the car in July last year so I will sit this one out. And hopefully there is an economic revival from May/June and we can get through this without much harm.
But if I had known this I would certainly have kept my F16 a year longer. At this moment I would also wait a year to order a new car.
Maybe many people will postpone ordering a new car for months now?

That can be positive for my place in the production queue
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      04-21-2020, 08:51 AM   #9
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Lol
That is the worst thing not knowing when delivery will take place
I would already be happy knowing when production would take place
Appreciate 1
Bandit-X113.00
      04-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #10
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I have ordered the car in July last year so I will sit this one out. And hopefully there is an economic revival from May/June and we can get through this without much harm.
But if I had known this I would certainly have kept my F16 a year longer. At this moment I would also wait a year to order a new car.
Maybe many people will postpone ordering a new car for months now?

That can be positive for my place in the production queue
You're absolutely right!! Me neither. I would have switched to a nice used car instead of buying a new one.

I ordered mine in January but took a production slot in march so still happy about it. And YESSS this will definitely be positive for your production queue 😄. Fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #11
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Hi all..

sorry if this thread already exists, but this should be the most enjoyable time while we wait for our cars to be delivered. Instead, the delivery feels months away with fading joy...

So does the tune industry. Usually to bypass the waiting period I am on a hunt for tuning parts which now is "almost" impossible due to the lockdown. Happy I got my wheels and front lip while I am still waiting for my M50i. Today I've been told the car has arrived in Bremerhaven.... lets see how long the customs will take

Lets keep our heads up, as we have been lucky to have such "hi end luxury problems"

Better times will come
Same situation mate. My M50i arrived in the UK last week but no chance of collecting any time soon as all dealers closed and will have to get in the queue due to the backlog of cars not delivered in March. I'm anticipating late June collection tbh as I doubt UK dealers will open until late May at best.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #12
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

In the grand scheme of things worrying about when a luxury item will arrive seems superficial but at the same time I also see that we are in desperate need for something positive to focus on.

My M50 order will for certain take the longest from ordering to delivery out of all of my previous 7 bmw which usually takes 1-3 months depending. Fastest was my previous X5 and X5M which took 4 weeks from order to delivery. My M50 as of today will be about 5 months and can only get longer if things don't get better. My build got pushed from 4/16 to now 6/23....

I know two people recently that bought new X3M's during the pandemic. Alot has to do with them wanting something positive during all this. One of them just recovered from covid19. All you see on the news is the orange turd's campaign speeches on TV touting this imaginary reality basically saying everything people want hear. It just straight up makes me angry while at the same time feeling sad that things will never be the same anymore.

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 04-21-2020 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 3
Unit218.50
volodp196.50
xweb1088.50
      04-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #13
lovelight
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive wagon

Ordered our X5 on March 13 and by April 1, it was ready for transport by train from Spartanburg to Oxnard. Last week, it made it to Oxnard and now we wait to see if it can be loaded on a trailer up to Seattle. Who knows how much longer it will be. It seems so close.

To pass the time, we've done a ton of home based projects including cleaning out the garage, refreshing the auto detailing supplies, performing a paint correction on a 1993 Alfa Romeo Spider, and finishing it with a ceramic coating. It's been quite rewarding and productive but it's time to get the new car and enjoying some of this pleasant spring weather.
Appreciate 2
Bandit-X113.00
Cooltones241.00
      04-21-2020, 02:10 PM   #14
pavloPL
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 M Sport 40i

Quote:

The same here, pretending going for shipping just to enjoy few minutes of a drive
      04-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #15
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Quote:
Hi all..

Better times will come
Same situation mate. My M50i arrived in the UK last week but no chance of collecting any time soon as all dealers closed and will have to get in the queue due to the backlog of cars not delivered in March. I'm anticipating late June collection tbh as I doubt UK dealers will open until late May at best.
I hear you m8. The car feels so close but still so far somehow. Dealers here in Switzerland opening in may but they still do deliveries on a private basis. Cant wait 😌
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #16
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlopl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ut View Post
not 100% on topic but still

had to wait 9 months. Found it hell. Now that have the car i'm not allowed to drive it except for groceries.

the same here, pretending going for shipping just to enjoy few minutes of a drive
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #17
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Ours cleared Bremerhaven and is now sitting at the German dealer.

Unfortunately, we cannot get it registered, so there it shall sit. At least we have plenty of time to have the paint protection film completed. We are going to try to see it this weekend and at least check it out, but at the end of the day...first world problems.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #18
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
Ours cleared Bremerhaven and is now sitting at the German dealer.

Unfortunately, we cannot get it registered, so there it shall sit. At least we have plenty of time to have the paint protection film completed. We are going to try to see it this weekend and at least check it out, but at the end of the day...first world problems.
brutal
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #19
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

I suppose I'm luckier than you all. We got our 40i on Valentine's day as a PCD. the 1200 mile break in period ended just as the lockdowns began. Our local BMW dealership offers free car washes to any BMW owner, and I so wish I had taken advantage of that before all this mess. The car has 1600 miles on it and has never been washed. The inside is immaculate as ever, but the outside is so so dirty. The dealership is still open and happy to do a wash, I'm just too scared to let some valet with dubious sanitation drive it around back to do whatever they do to clean it....

In the mean time i get to take it to the grocery store for the 2 mile jaunt. Sorta sucks, there's barely a lot of traffic, gas is dirt cheap, plenty of miles left on the lease and we cant go anywhere...
Appreciate 1
Bandit-X113.00
      04-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #20
M40i4me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
2021 X3 M40i  [10.00]
Picked mine up on March 16th right before the shutdown. Have a whopping 300 miles on her so far!. Grace period on tags as my registration is expired. Can’t give my Wife’s CX5 to my daughter yet because there is no way to register so it sits. Tuned up my 328 including new tires, but other than occasional store trips that is sitting as well. I will say the X5 is extremely quiet and comfortable. Still breaking it in, but you know the power is there when you need it and I can’t wait!
Appreciate 3
Bandit-X113.00
Cooltones241.00
      04-21-2020, 06:09 PM   #21
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

we need to open up America.
Appreciate 1
M40i4me1037.00