BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-22-2020, 12:33 AM   #23
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
In the grand scheme of things worrying about when a luxury item will arrive seems superficial but at the same time I also see that we are in desperate need for something positive to focus on.

My M50 order will for certain take the longest from ordering to delivery out of all of my previous 7 bmw which usually takes 1-3 months depending. Fastest was my previous X5 and X5M which took 4 weeks from order to delivery. My M50 as of today will be about 5 months and can only get longer if things don't get better. My build got pushed from 4/16 to now 6/23....

I know two people recently that bought new X3M's during the pandemic. Alot has to do with them wanting something positive during all this. One of them just recovered from covid19. All you see on the news is the orange turd's campaign speeches on TV touting this imaginary reality basically saying everything people want hear. It just straight up makes me angry while at the same time feeling sad that things will never be the same anymore.

Alan
Hey Alan. Thanks for your accurate thoughts and I do properly understand and agree.

It's a mix of fear, sadness,compensation and hope. Not sure sometimes how to deal with it myself which turns from one mood to another. Albeit I think my mood will improve definitely when I get into my car and taste the smell of new interior. As you said, we look forward to smtg that will bring us back into the old reality.

As I have always tried to buy cars while reducing the negative investment as much as possible, this time it might be something just for pleasure and defiance.

Right now I am driving a BMW 218 for free as this was part of the deal when I sold my dd and I cant wait to get the M50i. Its like driving a bad car in bad times😅😅😇
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:37 AM   #24
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
Ours cleared Bremerhaven and is now sitting at the German dealer.

Unfortunately, we cannot get it registered, so there it shall sit. At least we have plenty of time to have the paint protection film completed. We are going to try to see it this weekend and at least check it out, but at the end of the day...first world problems.
At least you can go and see the car. Why cant you get it registered? DMVs closed in germany?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:42 AM   #25
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I suppose I'm luckier than you all. We got our 40i on Valentine's day as a PCD. the 1200 mile break in period ended just as the lockdowns began. Our local BMW dealership offers free car washes to any BMW owner, and I so wish I had taken advantage of that before all this mess. The car has 1600 miles on it and has never been washed. The inside is immaculate as ever, but the outside is so so dirty. The dealership is still open and happy to do a wash, I'm just too scared to let some valet with dubious sanitation drive it around back to do whatever they do to clean it....

In the mean time i get to take it to the grocery store for the 2 mile jaunt. Sorta sucks, there's barely a lot of traffic, gas is dirt cheap, plenty of miles left on the lease and we cant go anywhere...
In that case we have more luck here. Nice weather. Clean roads. Open car wash. You can at least have a nice ride if you have time to do so, either in the swiss alps heading for a Picknick or in the city around the lake
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 08:35 AM   #26
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelight View Post
Ordered our X5 on March 13 and by April 1, it was ready for transport by train from Spartanburg to Oxnard. Last week, it made it to Oxnard and now we wait to see if it can be loaded on a trailer up to Seattle. Who knows how much longer it will be. It seems so close.

To pass the time, we've done a ton of home based projects including cleaning out the garage, refreshing the auto detailing supplies, performing a paint correction on a 1993 Alfa Romeo Spider, and finishing it with a ceramic coating. It's been quite rewarding and productive but it's time to get the new car and enjoying some of this pleasant spring weather.
That's exactly what we did or still are doing. Washed out garage like new after winter, picked up my bike, garden, lawn, lawn robot etc etc. instead wasting time we used it. Feels so good being productive 😃
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #27
justus4
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

I ordered my X6 on Feb 1 and got production week 13(first week of April), which was right around when the plant was shut down. I was initially ecstatic to find out that the car was produced early and was on route to Canada with an ETA to arrive in the distribution centre in Toronto on April 1.

Now we are approaching the end of April and the car is still not there. My dealer has no information other than the status code in their system that still says it's "on rail". The car is essentially in limbo at the moment. It's probably stuck somewhere between Spartanburg and Toronto and nobody knows how to track it.

To make matters worse, I have a sale pending on my current DD. I made a commitment to give the buyer the car by end of April because that was the ETA on the X6. Now the buyer was extremely upset that I couldn't deliver the car on time. I spent a long time negotiating with him and we finally reached an agreement to wait a month longer.

Anyways, like others have said, this is a tiny problem compared to the real suffering around the world caused by the pandemic. I'm grateful that my wife and I didn't lose our jobs and our finance is mostly intact amid the crisis. In the mean time, I'm just trying to focus on work and kids, but it's extremely hard to not think about the car especially since there's not much else to do at the moment. I'm usually ok with waiting but I don't do well with uncertainties
Appreciate 2
M40i4me1037.00
Cooltones241.00
      04-22-2020, 11:26 AM   #28
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit-X View Post
At least you can go and see the car. Why cant you get it registered? DMVs closed in germany?
We are stationed over here and the US vehicle registration office is only handling emergency appointments. The X5 will be our third car, so it is not an "emergency", but hopefully things will open up soon.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 1
Bandit-X113.00
      04-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #29
lovelight
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive wagon

JFYI for anyone waiting for a car delivery out of Oxnard, CA. Apparently the trucking company that delivers vehicles out of the VPC is not making deliveries and there is no ETA for them to resume.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 02:13 AM   #30
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
We still have no ability to get it registered, but we did get to see it.
Attached Images

Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 12:41 AM   #31
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Hello all. It does seem to be a little weird yearning over a car during this time. But its all relative right. I too ordered my car a while back. FEB 11TH to be exact. My G05 is very individual, from the color to the trim etc which already adds extra time to the build process. My dealership's General Manager said he was told the Spartanburg plant would open May 4th and that any vehicles ordered specifically for customers would be built first. I hope that is true. So he said late May or early June my car should arrive. We shall see! At least I'm in good company LOL. At least I have this picture of my beauty to look at :-) Hang in there all!

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 12.31.04 AM.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  110.3 KB
Appreciate 3
Cooltones241.00
boneca1999.50
      05-04-2020, 01:10 AM   #32
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FINALLY! View Post
Hello all. It does seem to be a little weird yearning over a car during this time. But its all relative right. I too ordered my car a while back. FEB 11TH to be exact. My G05 is very individual, from the color to the trim etc which already adds extra time to the build process. My dealership's General Manager said he was told the Spartanburg plant would open May 4th and that any vehicles ordered specifically for customers would be built first. I hope that is true. So he said late May or early June my car should arrive. We shall see! At least I'm in good company LOL. At least I have this picture of my beauty to look at :-) Hang in there all!

Attachment 2301582
Quote:

Attachment 2301582
Looks fantastic man. Any shots from the interior??
My car has just arrived and I can pick it up this week. Went faster than I thought!!!😱😱☺️☺️☺️☺️
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2020, 10:38 PM   #33
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My car has just arrived and I can pick it up this week. Went faster than I thought!!!😱😱☺️☺️☺️☺️
Hey. Not the best pic but here you go. Its just the one from the build site. Still waiting. Was told today it would be arriving late may early June .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 10:39 PM   #34
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When did you order?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:41 AM   #35
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
When did you order?
Hey is that the tetragon trim? I had that first as well then switched the last moment. Looks great!

I ordered end of January but took an open slot that could be configured
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:43 AM   #36
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Attachment 2301582
Quote:

Attachment 2301582
This red is just mind blowing
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #37
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey is that the tetragon trim? I had that first as well then switched the last moment. Looks great!

I ordered end of January but took an open slot that could be configured
Hey! No it's XET (Ind) BMW Individual Fineline Black Trim with Aluminum inserts. wasnt quite sure looking at in on line. When I saw it at the dealer on an X7 I had to have it!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 09:40 PM   #38
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The car color? Mind blowing in a good or bad way?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 04:07 AM   #39
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The car color? Mind blowing in a good or bad way?
In a goooood way!!😁
Appreciate 2
      05-10-2020, 12:05 AM   #40
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In a goooood way!!😁
Phew! You scared me LOL
Appreciate 1
Bandit-X113.00
      05-10-2020, 05:04 AM   #41
SaunaBoi
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

I ordered X6 M50d in middle november.It is Riverside blue,extended Shadow line and M Seats.
They tould me that appointment will be somewhere from 20/5 to 25/5.
I waited almost 7 months for car so my excitement bacame lower and lower with every month of wait.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 01:08 PM   #42
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
In a goooood way!!😁
Phew! You scared me LOL
LOOOL
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #43
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaGagro View Post
I ordered X6 M50d in middle november.It is Riverside blue,extended Shadow line and M Seats.
I waited almost 7 months for car so my excitement bacame lower and lower with every month of wait.
Where do you live? Sorry to hear. I had the luck of waiting only 3 mths and 1 wk so feel blessed even the car been shipped from the US. But I only took a fixed slot thats why
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #44
SaunaBoi
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaGagro View Post
Where do you live? Sorry to hear. I had the luck of waiting only 3 mths and 1 wk so feel blessed even the car been shipped from the US. But I only took a fixed slot thats why
I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina but ordered car in Germany.This wait time is probably due to Corona and M seats.Our 2019 X5 with lot of Invidual equipment got in 3 months
Appreciate 0