BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
Henrythomas_mx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw x5 xdrive50i m sport

Tune: 2019 X5 xDrive50iA M Sport

Hi, i'm about to pull the trigger on a 2019 X5 xDrive50iA M Sport, and i have tune related questions... i've been researching and apparently the two "good" options out there is burger motorsports jb4 tuner that goes for around $599 and velas tunes that goes for $2,295, that is just way too much difference in price to beleive they do the same thing and both claim 100+ hp gains... i like to tune all my vehicles, this will be my first non american vehicle that i tune so i'm not familiar with tuner brands or methods for german cars... i live in mexico, so i do not have a tuning shop with a dyno near me to take it to, so i'm limited to something i can buy online (shipped to a us address).

Are thes obd2 tuners? Can i "untune" it when i take it to the dealer so it wont void my warranty?

Could i expect m50i performance with the tune? The m50i has like 70hp more, and the tunes claim 100hp gains...

Anyone here with the same car version (not to be rude but 40i experiences or m50i wont help me cause i'm interested in the 50i) that had tried any of these tunes that can telll his experience with numbers? 0-60 time and 1/4 mile times before and after.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0