More Pics
Attached Images

03-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #46
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

great race!! i was excited the whole time, especially in the closing laps.
      03-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #47
Flea7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT/F48 X1/F430/F12

Garage List
2016 X1  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
2005 Ferrari F430  [0.00]
2014 Ferrari F12 Be ...  [10.00]
Never should have pitted Hamilton
Webber sucks and is too reckless! I would have loved to see Hamilton and Alonzo in the last finishing laps.
I can't stand Webber ...what an SOB.
      03-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #48
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea7 View Post
Never should have pitted Hamilton
Webber sucks and is too reckless! I would have loved to see Hamilton and Alonzo in the last finishing laps.
I can't stand Webber ...what an SOB.
hammy would have needed to pit anyway. he is way to aggressive on tires compared to button.
      03-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
hammy would have needed to pit anyway. he is way to aggressive on tires compared to button.
I was more convinced when I saw Alonso and Massa was struggling for grip in the last 15 laps....no way hamilton will have any grip with his driving style and the only set of dry tires....
tho he did make a lot of spectacular overtakes....
      03-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #50
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Darn Sebastian's luck, he just can't catch a break and i think he is by far the best driver this season. He will only get better and better if only the engineers can develop a reliable car.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #51
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Great to see Kubica and Renault up in the podium!
Hell yeah!! Kubica is awesome and hope to see him up there more often. He's a great driver and one of the best personalities out there.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #52
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Hell yeah!! Kubica is awesome and hope to see him up there more often. He's a great driver and one of the best personalities out there.
even tho it was helped by the safety car and so....but his ability to maintain those soft-dry tires better *cough* than Hamilton *cough*.....even tho he wasn't catching up button at all, but hold off a decent gap and challange from Massa.....
      03-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #53
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Mclaren should have never asked Hamilton to come for the second Tire. He was the fastest on the track at the time and he was catching up Kubica. It was just a matter of time. There was no data at the time to suggest that his tires were gone. He was the fastest at the time.
I agree that he doesn't look after the tire as well as JB , but they have two different style of driving. Mclaren knows that they messed up Hamilton's race. I hope this is just a bump. I am sure he is going to bounce back
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #54
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
even tho it was helped by the safety car and so....but his ability to maintain those soft-dry tires better *cough* than Hamilton *cough*.....even tho he wasn't catching up button at all, but hold off a decent gap and challange from Massa.....
This is true but I also think the McLaren is a much better car than the Renault. That being said, the Ferraris are extremely fast but he managed to hold them off as well. He's a very good driver. I hope to see much more from him as well as Kobayashi, but only after Vettel gets what he soooo rightfully deserves.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #55
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Mclaren should have never asked Hamilton to come for the second Tire. He was the fastest on the track at the time and he was catching up Kubica. It was just a matter of time. There was no data at the time to suggest that his tires were gone. He was the fastest at the time.
I agree that he doesn't look after the tire as well as JB , but they have two different style of driving. Mclaren knows that they messed up Hamilton's race. I hope this is just a bump. I am sure he is going to bounce back
even tho i'm saying just for arm-chair analyst....but if he able to overtake Kubica....McLaren would've kept him out there longer to make some gaps before his tires are gone....

for some reason i have no doubt he will be struggling for pace and grip if he did kept on using the first set of dry rubbers....

and probably that's the reason behind McLaren who believes they will need to bring Hamilton in eventually for another set of tires....maybe no data support...but maybe the engineers knows from experience from hamilton's driving style....
      03-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #56
EAS
Rep
Drives: VF620 M3

Some amazing photography you have there!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #57
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

dammit, dammit, dammit.....wow!

That is how I describe this race. So bummed for my boy Vettel. But it was a great race! A lot of passing and other action. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Hamilton showed his true stripes and just what spoiled lil punk he really is. Bad mouthing his team over the radio during the race.....so unprofessional. I hope his crew sabotages the rest of his season. If he didn't think he should have come in for tires he could have just told them no. So he is just as much to blame for the poor decision. Sure doesn't seem like Button has a problem making his own decisions.

To the Hamilton pillow biter that said Webber sucks.....pull ur head out of ur azz. Webber is a class act. Sorry he's not a pussy and actually takes risks and wants to win.

Not sure what some folks were saying about no passing when the track dried. There was plenty of passing all race. I do think there should be some rule changes though to ensure excitement every race. I like the mandatory 2 pit rule that was proposed by some.

Was hoping Schumi would be more of factor but it is only the second race. Really cool to see Kubica up there. I've always really liked him and thought he is way under rated. You can say what you want about him holding Hamilton up. Fact of the matter is Hamilton couldn't get by him and good race craft is what makes a truely rounded racer.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the season
      03-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #58
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
That is how I describe this race. So bummed for my boy Vettel. But it was a great race! A lot of passing and other action. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Hamilton showed his true stripes and just what spoiled lil punk he really is. Bad mouthing his team over the radio during the race.....so unprofessional. I hope his crew sabotages the rest of his season. If he didn't think he should have come in for tires he could have just told them no. So he is just as much to blame for the poor decision. Sure doesn't seem like Button has a problem making his own decisions.

To the Hamilton pillow biter that said Webber sucks.....pull ur head out of ur azz. Webber is a class act. Sorry he's not a pussy and actually takes risks and wants to win.

Not sure what some folks were saying about no passing when the track dried. There was plenty of passing all race. I do think there should be some rule changes though to ensure excitement every race. I like the mandatory 2 pit rule that was proposed by some.

Was hoping Schumi would be more of factor but it is only the second race. Really cool to see Kubica up there. I've always really liked him and thought he is way under rated. You can say what you want about him holding Hamilton up. Fact of the matter is Hamilton couldn't get by him and good race craft is what makes a truely rounded racer.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the season
As those McLaren mechanics are "professionals", I believe they'll take the high-road and focus on the current world champ's car...

In Hamilton's defence, that was in the heat of the moment, he stuck behind Alonso....tires were degrading....fustrated....so....hmmm...nevermind.. .ur right....that wasn't cool for F1 driver.....damn i miss Kimi

Hamilton should've know better himself is a "tire-eater"....if no friggin way his tires will stay as long as button and kubica did....
      03-30-2010, 01:25 AM   #59
Flea7
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 X1  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post

Yes, I agree that Hamilton should not aired his dirty laundary while on the radio. Bad taste in calling his engineer out.

As for Webber, he is an ass. He double ...even triple block cars passing him. He has over shot that same turn that he ran into Hamilton at least twice, the second time taking Hamilton out. I have seen him time after time push cars off ....I'm surprise that the stewards hasn't done anything about his dangerous reckless driving....especially last year when he almost ran the Ferrari off the track with this the double block! Taking risks while taking people out is not what makes a you a winner. He is in my opinion...too wreckless.

.......so why don't you learn how to spell ass and take your head out of yours.
      03-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #60
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

first i just want to say these pics are amazing. The race was very entertaining. Everyone talked about how these rule changes were for the worst. but i think Australia proved that there is still much excitement to be had. i was happy to see kubica win- its always good to see a former BMW driver on the podium. Hamilton really is a punk. Granted, he's an unbelievable driver, but i don't think he represents Mclaren the way he should. And karma really is a bitch- thanks webber, you made alonso's job easier for the last couple of laps. Take that rear-ender out of the equation and you still have to give it to alonso for playing excellent defense and holding hamilton off. i think Massa and Alonso make a good team in that they can block for one another and secure back to back finishes and gain more points that way.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #61
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep

you know what i want to know..
what happens if you gave Kimi the current F10????

what ALONSO?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #62
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
you know what i want to know..
what happens if you gave Kimi the current F10????

what ALONSO?
He's either going to "take a shit" or have his "magnum & coke" inside....
      03-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #63
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

To all those bad mouthing Hamilton, you can't just stand the fact that he is a better driver. As for calling out on his engineer, may be not the right thing to do however I am sure all the Hamilton haters here would have behaved better than him in that situvation. Keep in mind that he was 11th on the grid to start and he was challenging for P2 when was called in. If you drove a race like him and if the team mess it up.....well I know you guys will be so cool and calm right?
As for Webber....well for all his talk on other drivers and calling them out. You saw all his moves and you are justifying it. There is only one reason, you don't like Hamilton and as long as it is Hamilton every thing is fair and square. Well keep in mind this is only the second race and we will see who is going to have the last laugh.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #64
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Hamilton is a great driver but not a perfect driver but he is not perfect driver. He does astonishing overtakes but he also got weaknesses, he is known for not taking good care of his tires. It might be a safer decision for his engineers to take him in for a fresh set of tires before he destroyed like Shanghai 2007.

Correct he lost too much track position during his second pitstop. But who can guarentee that his tires will last the entire race like the top 4? Who Alonso and Massa were struggling for grip? We never know if Hamilton complains again if the team didn't bring him in..."My team refuses to service my car...I had to race with degraded tires"....
There's just too much what if's and maybe(s).....

The facts are, the team implemented a conservative plan for Hamilton (very likely based on his tire degradation from history data), and lost too much ground. Then Hamilton stuck behind Alonso's dirty air when his second set degraded and publically announced "Who's friggin idea is this...." and etc.....
He was fustrated because as always, he drove his heart out regardless what car (the fast MP4-23, or the slow-boat MP4-24) he's got, and at the spur of the moment he blamed the team for it. Now think back, everyone need to calm down and figure out what went wrong and not to make it again in the future.

I'm a fan of both Hamilton and Button, but i'm not blindly supports whatever they did and back them up knowing its not the fact.

Last weekend the situation is more in favor of Button, God knows what will happen next weekend. Hamilton is good in rain given the right tire choices (comparing Silverstone and Monza 2008), Lewis will shine! For a wet-dry situation like last weekend, Button might have an upper hand with his precision and taking care of tires.

Nonetheless, kudos to Hamilton and Alonso last weekend.....they both drove a good race catching up from 11th and almost dead last from the spunout.....
      03-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #65
Flea7
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 X1  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Webber is being dropped for Kimi in 2011.
      03-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #66
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
He's either going to "take a shit" or have his "magnum & coke" inside....
HAHHAHAHAHA
thats so funny i remember seeing that interview.
Kimi is such an amazing character and so fun to watch on and off the tarmac.
Appreciate 0