BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-15-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
rolllikero
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i 2020

How do I remove the speed limit warning?

Hi guys. I am located in New Delhi, India. I’m about to take delivery of my X5 40i in tanzanite blue. BMW India programs two speed warnings in their cars over here. One is a chime that beeps once at 80km/h which I do not mind. The other is a constant loud sound that comes on at 120km/h. I want to disable this. Does anyone have any leads? It is not possible to disable this via idrive. Does bimmercode offer a solution?

Thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 05:56 AM   #2
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

I was able to remove the speed limiter chime via bimmercode. it was especially annoying because it would do that every time the threshold was reached was is constant around highway speeds when your in traffic driving.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 03:53 AM   #3
rolllikero
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
I was able to remove the speed limiter chime via bimmercode. it was especially annoying because it would do that every time the threshold was reached was is constant around highway speeds when your in traffic driving.
thank you! can you tell me how you did that please? Thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 08:41 AM   #4
rolllikero
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hey. Can you tell me how you coded this?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #5
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

under the expert mode in bimmercode (i forgot which sub menu) search for " WARNUNG_GESCHW_LIMIT "

I set mine to "nicht_aktiv" and no more annoying chime at 120 km/h.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
Nishanth
Registered
Rep
Drives: Skoda rapid Bmw 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolllikero View Post
Hi guys. I am located in New Delhi, India. I’m about to take delivery of my X5 40i in tanzanite blue. BMW India programs two speed warnings in their cars over here. One is a chime that beeps once at 80km/h which I do not mind. The other is a constant loud sound that comes on at 120km/h. I want to disable this. Does anyone have any leads? It is not possible to disable this via idrive. Does bimmercode offer a solution?

Thanks a bunch.
Have u successfully removed it ?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
hiki08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05

There are a couple of places in iDrive which can possibly have speed warnings. I don't recall exactly the menu options to click through to achieve this but can take a look the next time I drive.

These might help:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643115
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/r...uster.1357101/
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 01:51 PM   #8
LionelF
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 2020 3.0 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolllikero View Post

Thanks a bunch.
It will affect your warranty, my dealer infinity sales person recommended me to do it through their offline contact.
Appreciate 0