BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #23
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Received LauncherPro Token from TokenMaster lately?

Has anyone received Tokenmaster token for Launcher Pro recently? Or, any communications from the developer in last couple of months?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #24
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
X5 45e should be out by JuNe. If you want a hybrid
Fuel economy of 40 is good enough though. People get 32 mpg on highway.
Is this supposed to come to the USA? I've never seen any hybrid X5 available here.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #25
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Is this supposed to come to the USA? I've never seen any hybrid X5 available here.
Summer of 2020 as a 2021MY
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #26
amphiprion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e MSport

Fully optioned X5 if you don't need to haul a family on a regular basis, the X7 is too big otherwise...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 04:02 PM   #27
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Summer of 2020 as a 2021MY
Thanks. I'm betting it will be after I hope to have a new car since my return date is June 15. But I bet I can get some killer deals on inventory of the 2020s then.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #28
SJW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 40i Dark Graphite

20,000 miles in, my X5 has been an absolute bullet proof pleasure to own. I came from a F82 M4, and drive in a sport individual mode that gives me enough power to satisfy.
      03-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #29
Pictor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50 & 2020 M850i

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks. I'm betting it will be after I hope to have a new car since my return date is June 15. But I bet I can get some killer deals on inventory of the 2020s then.
If your lease is due in June, you can ask BMWFS for a lease extension to get a 2021 if that's what you want. My M550i lease is up in April and I would jump into a 2021 LCI G30 but that would be cutting it too close for me even with an extension. I'm considering an X5 M50i or another brand all together. The M850i is nice too but more than I want to dish out unless I run across a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:30 PM   #30
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I am resurrecting this thread from before the lockdown. Life was so much better then. But, soldier on and I am still looking at the June deadline of needing a car.

I've been running through various other alternatives in a different thread but since I decided the X3/GLC/Macan are all too small have circled back to this thread. Today I visited my BMW dealer to get a pre-inspection of my lease return. A little surprised I hope they don't ding me for. My return will be WELL under miles on return at about 24000 for a 36000 lease. Only issue with it is one tire had a large screw in it and I had to buy a replacement. The local tire store couldn't get the same brand (Eagles I think) for a while. So i bought a different equal in run flat and specs brand tire.

The inspector says they have an issue with different tires on the same axle. Well color me surprised since I called the dealership BEFORE I bought the replacement tire and was told an equal tire in specs was OK. We will see when I finally bring it in.

Since I was there I decided to visit the Porsche dealer next door. Literally a walk across the lot. I was going to look at the Macan on more time and again - too small. Looked at the Cayenne and realized that really is appealing.

They have a good salesman who when he noticed I like the Cayenne better and mentioned I like but don't like the price said "I have a 2019 just like this one with less than 2000 miles". Color me interested.

We took a nice test drive and yeah. I like it better than an X5. It truly handles better and has equal performance. And the interior is awesome (this had an upgraded interior with a lot of added options).

I looked at Carfax and it was sold new there in January. Someone turns over a lot of cars. Anyway, this is an update of my search. As of this instant if I was to buy a car it would be the Cayenne. It fits the needs and wants and used the price tag.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #31
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
I am resurrecting this thread from before the lockdown. Life was so much better then. But, soldier on and I am still looking at the June deadline of needing a car.

I've been running through various other alternatives in a different thread but since I decided the X3/GLC/Macan are all too small have circled back to this thread. Today I visited my BMW dealer to get a pre-inspection of my lease return. A little surprised I hope they don't ding me for. My return will be WELL under miles on return at about 24000 for a 36000 lease. Only issue with it is one tire had a large screw in it and I had to buy a replacement. The local tire store couldn't get the same brand (Eagles I think) for a while. So i bought a different equal in run flat and specs brand tire.

The inspector says they have an issue with different tires on the same axle. Well color me surprised since I called the dealership BEFORE I bought the replacement tire and was told an equal tire in specs was OK. We will see when I finally bring it in.

Since I was there I decided to visit the Porsche dealer next door. Literally a walk across the lot. I was going to look at the Macan on more time and again - too small. Looked at the Cayenne and realized that really is appealing.

They have a good salesman who when he noticed I like the Cayenne better and mentioned I like but don't like the price said "I have a 2019 just like this one with less than 2000 miles". Color me interested.

We took a nice test drive and yeah. I like it better than an X5. It truly handles better and has equal performance. And the interior is awesome (this had an upgraded interior with a lot of added options).

I looked at Carfax and it was sold new there in January. Someone turns over a lot of cars. Anyway, this is an update of my search. As of this instant if I was to buy a car it would be the Cayenne. It fits the needs and wants and used the price tag.
Curious, which trim Cayenne was it (base, S, hybrid, etc)?

I know that if you get an E-Hybrid you can get around $8k in rebates (dependent on state) and that more equipment is standard lowering the MSRP, although I imagine going used would still be cheaper.
      05-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #32
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Curious, which trim Cayenne was it (base, S, hybrid, etc)?

I know that if you get an E-Hybrid you can get around $8k in rebates (dependent on state) and that more equipment is standard lowering the MSRP, although I imagine going used would still be cheaper.
It was a base model. But with most of the options. Original MSRP was likely over $90K and they want $75k.

If they are discounting I'd even look at a medium kitted out new one. I need to find out how they are doing on discounts.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 09:20 AM   #33
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
It was a base model. But with most of the options. Original MSRP was likely over $90K and they want $75k.

If they are discounting I'd even look at a medium kitted out new one. I need to find out how they are doing on discounts.
Base comparison still stands. Base cayenne is underpowered compared to x5 40 with significantly less technology. On top of that it is grossly overpriced and does not lease well. 80 k is loaded x5 40 that can be lease for 900 a month if negotiated aggressively. Cayenne will be 90+ and double the lease
The example you are looking at at 75 k is a used car - different market. Used x5 will still be less expensive
Handling is similar when equally equipped. X5 needs to have m sport pack with m brakes and m adaptive suspension. More room in x5 as well
If you are looking at porsche money to -spend. Get an x5 m50
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #34
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Base comparison still stands. Base cayenne is underpowered compared to x5 40 with significantly less technology. On top of that it is grossly overpriced and does not lease well. 80 k is loaded x5 40 that can be lease for 900 a month if negotiated aggressively. Cayenne will be 90+ and double the lease
The example you are looking at at 75 k is a used car - different market. Used x5 will still be less expensive
Handling is similar when equally equipped. X5 needs to have m sport pack with m brakes and m adaptive suspension. More room in x5 as well
If you are looking at porsche money to -spend. Get an x5 m50
Thanks for that. In fact I agree with all of that. The comparison is a used 2019 Cayenne vs new X5. There is a price delta but I will also say I prefer the seating position and suspension of the Porsche. But, both are leaders in the clubhouse.

BTW, local dealer has several X5 50i available. I might have to see if they are really negotiating on these. Any reason I should not want one? And an MSRP of $80K I wonder if they are under specced with regard to desirable features.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #35
expressedge
Rep
Drives: Acura TL

See the attached image to help with an X5 vs. Cayenne comparison.

2019 was the first model year of the new Cayenne. Things to be aware of in used 2019's
1) Car occasionally doesn't start. Some issue with the new battery and electronics. Porsche hasn't issued an official fix. Doesn't affect every 2019, but many. Have the dealer look into the service records to see if this was an issue. If it was, back out.
2) At some point after 5-10k miles, the breaks will make noise. They'll squeal and crunch loudly. Porsche fixed this by putting out a YouTube video saying that loud brake noise is normal. Replacing the pads and rotors won't fix it.
3) Porsche maintenance will cost around 1k per year. Year 4 is about 3k. This is if you take it to the dealer for maintenance. Factor that into your budget.

Check out Rennlist forums for details on other issues.

Cayenne has the best road feel and handling based on Car and Driver reviews and my own personal test driving.

X5 is best all around winner otherwise.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #36
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I’d swerve the RRS if you enjoy driving. Most disappointing car I’ve ever driven. Had it on loan for a week from JLR and ended up ordering the X5 as the difference was night and day between the two.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:23 PM   #37
jwtw20
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 MSport 45e

Quote:
OK a bit more research today. Spent some real time at the Volvo dealer. Checked out the XC90. it is a legitimately nice vehicle.

Pros - solid value versus BMW counterparts. Offers a hybrid version with 400 HP. Really nice interiors and looks good.

Cons - was kinda boring to drive.

One thing Volvo does that is of interest is the Subscription program. The dealer wasn't crazy to talk about it because it subverts them somewhat. It's a program direct from Volvo like a lease that covers all repairs and insurance. You can do it for 24 months. I confess I am skeptical about the insurance part. I have large liability coverage and I mean you can get one of their midrange XC90s for $800 a month. Yeah, with insurance. Something askew here but it sounds great.

Oh with the regular Volvo if you have Amazon prime you can have packages delivered to the car. They will open the car one time for the delivery and note the time. Cool that.

The car I drove was the 316 hp supercharged 4 cylinder. Yeah, it probably is fast enough but I suspect I'll like driving the X5 with a real 6 cylinder engine.

We shall see.

On another front I stopped into the Genesis dealer. They are supposed to have one of the new GV80s in May. Would like to see one before I do the deed. Since I'm pretty easy on my wants with the X5 (they probably have several in stock at any given time I would take) I might wait til the last second so I can see one of these.

Stopped at Ford. Nope. I'm sure they drive nice and all that but the interiors just do not make it for me.
I went from a Volvo T8 XC90 Inscription (that's the Hybrid one) in the UK to an Msport X5 X45e and it pisses all over the Volvo in every way. If you can wait for the 45e to be released I'd go for that over the Volvo everyday of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #38
Bandit-X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i G05

Hmmm what answers would you get on a X5 forum?🤔🤔🤔😀😀😉
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      05-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #39
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:

Quote:

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

I went from low slung car to wanting a SAV/SUV.

Initially was after a Macan but they were just too small, the x3 however was a good size and i specced one up but couldn't come to a deal.

I then decided ‏on a used x5 or x6 as I was shopping around the dealers were running a promotion that meant nearly 20% off MSRP for a new x5, so it was actually cheaper to get a new x5 rather than a used previous shape one.

I had discounted the RR's as they're just too unreliable and not a massive fan of the merc interiors (unless we're talking latest gen 2020 with MBUX).

Out of the lot, if I had the money, I would probably got for the cayenne, but am VERY happy with the x5
      05-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #40
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
I’d swerve the RRS if you enjoy driving. Most disappointing car I’ve ever driven. Had it on loan for a week from JLR and ended up ordering the X5 as the difference was night and day between the two.
Ya got me. What is an RRS?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #41
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilajio View Post
Just throwing in my 2 cents.

I went from low slung car to wanting a SAV/SUV.

Initially was after a Macan but they were just too small, the x3 however was a good size and i specced one up but couldn't come to a deal.

I then decided ‏on a used x5 or x6 as I was shopping around the dealers were running a promotion that meant nearly 20% off MSRP for a new x5, so it was actually cheaper to get a new x5 rather than a used previous shape one.

I had discounted the RR's as they're just too unreliable and not a massive fan of the merc interiors (unless we're talking latest gen 2020 with MBUX).

Out of the lot, if I had the money, I would probably got for the cayenne, but am VERY happy with the x5
I am really torn. I think the dealers must be getting antsy about selling inventory of 2020 X5s.Heck as mentioned there are even a few 2019 X5 50i available. In July when 2021s start shipping that makes them 2 model years old.

I went with the wife unit to see if she liked the Cayenne. Oh yes. She did like that interior. It is clearly a higher grade than any X5 I've been in. But again, slower and more expensive. But is it too slow? Mmmm, maybe not. It sure handles well and once moving is about as fast. Unless I'm drag racing at a stop light I doubt I'll notice any difference.

The X5 50i however is a different animal. Need to examine that.

My final lease payment on my current 540i is Friday. After that I must return the car by Monday the 15th of June. I guess I'm at the stage where if the right deal comes I'll take it and pass on the final month of driving the 540i. Might start pushing on how far they will actually deal next week. See who blinks.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      05-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #42
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Ya got me. What is an RRS?
Range Rover Sport
      05-10-2020, 08:29 PM   #43
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Range Rover Sport
Thanks. I was stumped. I dropped that from the list way back but yeah it was in there in the thread so I should have got it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 06:55 AM   #44
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Thanks. I was stumped. I dropped that from the list way back but yeah it was in there in the thread so I should have got it.
Yeah I was really disappointed with it because it was always touted as the benchmark for sport SUVs. I found it dated in looks, uninspiring to drive and it wallowed like a barge even in a straight line on the motorway. The wife hated it and it left her feeling sick as a passenger (she never suffers motion sickness).
Appreciate 0