mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichione View Post
I just took delivery of a 2021 X7 with an 11/2020 build date and can confirm the features are not activated. However, it was delivered with 07/02020.54 installed, so hopefully an upgrade to 11/2020 iStep will resolve.
Good news - if your build date in VO is 11/2020 then the new features should activate when you upgrade to i-step 11/2020.531 or later.

Bad news - many such as TLR/TLA will be region locked so might not be available.
Excellent, thanks! Any idea when this version will be available at dealerships, if not already?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 06:31 AM   #112
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

Quote:
Good news - if your build date in VO is 11/2020 then the new features should activate when you upgrade to i-step 11/2020.531 or later.

Bad news - many such as TLR/TLA will be region locked so might not be available.
Hopefully, given how reliable it’s been for you in the UK, it won’t be region locked here. One thing in our favor is that traffic light positioning is very consistent in the UK (which I assume makes it easier to create a rule set for the car)....
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 06:34 AM   #113
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
Hopefully, given how reliable it’s been for you in the UK, it won’t be region locked here. One thing in our favor is that traffic light positioning is very consistent in the UK (which I assume makes it easier to create a rule set for the car)....
I don't think it will be region locked here.

The build date will probably be an issue for older MY though, unless coded.

I've also noted that the specific capability to stop, rather than just detect, requires coding for some regions too.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #114
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:
The issue with providing codes currently, is the same issue as I'm having with the digital key. 07/2020 is so new and has much new stuff, that the psdzdata is not fully mapped.

I know there are multiple codes that are trimmed, some of which impact DK and break comfort access.

TLA should be straightforward enough, but again there are trimmed codes that I am using so cant release. Once esysx is updated to support the new i-step I'll be able to publish, and also continue the investigation into DK without breaking my Comfort Access and requiring a full car recode each time

new esysx should be available in the next couple of weeks.

LP - I suspect you will be out of luck, but we'll see.
I use esysx as well, do you purchase every esysx upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 08:54 AM   #115
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
I use esysx as well, do you purchase every esysx upgrade?
I only get new esysx upgrades if there are trimmed but interesting codes in a new i-step.

If there are trimmed codes, and they have boolean that looks relevant to my car, then I'll get a new version of esysx - after first confirming that the new i-step/cafd are mapped of course.

That's for code discovery. As a consumer I'd only get a new version if I couldn't find the codes I wanted, due to them being trimmed.
Appreciate 1
OzJedi107.00
      11-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #116
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I only get new esysx upgrades if there are trimmed but interesting codes in a new i-step.

If there are trimmed codes, and they have boolean that looks relevant to my car, then I'll get a new version of esysx - after first confirming that the new i-step/cafd are mapped of course.

That's for code discovery. As a consumer I'd only get a new version if I couldn't find the codes I wanted, due to them being trimmed.
ifr ... What happened to the 11/2020 thread? I'm Needing to reference your google drive worksheet.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 01:11 AM   #117
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
ifr ... What happened to the 11/2020 thread? I'm Needing to reference your google drive worksheet.
Got derailed with general coding support queries, off-topic ISTA programming and zero actually on-topic discussion, so more trouble than it was worth.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1043.50
      12-01-2020, 02:11 AM   #118
Konst67
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

TLA

Good afternoon ifr. Encoded the TLA and everything else according to the table. This service is not available in your country. The highway exit doesn't work either. Can you tell me if this is a country lock(Russia) or if I did something wrong?Is there any way to make the TLA, highway exit, work? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 02:53 AM   #119
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konst67 View Post
Good afternoon ifr. Encoded the TLA and everything else according to the table. This service is not available in your country. The highway exit doesn't work either. Can you tell me if this is a country lock(Russia) or if I did something wrong?Is there any way to make the TLA, highway exit, work? Thanks
Country lock by the sounds of it. Other Russia drivers received the same message.

Highway exit just needs the qman land mask. If that doesn't work then there's a lower level block for russia
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 04:31 AM   #120
Konst67
Rep

Thanks. The earth mask is what I highlighted right?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 04:49 AM   #121
Konst67
Rep

And there is nothing in the table in the new parameters row. Maybe that's why it doesn't work.Do you need to change something there?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 05:07 AM   #122
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Thats an older spreadsheet, but yes, the qman land mask needs to be fully bitmask mapped i.e. FFFFFFFF

The ausprae* setting is irrelevant as its always set to Nr013
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 12:20 AM   #123
Kamranlpr2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G06 2020

Good Morning
Is there any way to unlock the region for TLA?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 12:50 AM   #124
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamranlpr2 View Post
Good Morning
You have all the codes to unlock TLA region in the spreadsheet.

It you've coded it correctly it either works or it doesn't, depending on which country the car is in.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #125
Kamranlpr2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamranlpr2 View Post
Good Morning
You have all the codes to unlock TLA region in the spreadsheet.

It you've coded it correctly it either works or it doesn't, depending on which country the car is in.
[IMG]https://mega.nz/file/DWRGgbBB#IPWQn_...8DjFecMt5L6Tsg[/IMG]

I have activated aSLA and My 21 DAP without any problem but for TLA there is a massage ( this function not available in this country) i have attached the photo
I think the problem is in DSC coding, default settings is Nr000_Bausteinpartitionierung and there isn't any drop down. I have edited wert to FFFFFFFF. Did i do it wrong?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #126
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

If you have set the codes as per the tla worksheet correctly and get the function not supported in this country message then bmw have restricted your region in software.

I know of no way to work around this and nor should you as the feature is probably not designed for your traffic light system.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #127
Kamranlpr2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
If you have set the codes as per the tla worksheet correctly and get the function not supported in this country message then bmw have restricted your region in software.

I know of no way to work around this and nor should you as the feature is probably not designed for your traffic light system.
Wert FFFFFFFF is correct in DSC? In the sheet is is 0xFFFFFFFF but there wasn't drop down in order to select 0xFFFFFFF
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:55 PM   #128
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

How do I know if you have coded DSC correctly? You posted a picture of an error message in idrive, which isnt TLA by the way. You can only tell if TLA is activated by checking 'consider traffic lights' in speed limit assistant.

You should know how to edit werte to attempt this coding.

DSC is irrelevant but if you have edited SAS3 werte to FF, FF, FF, FF for UCC_land* and aUCC_Land*, and SLA consider traffic lights still says Not supported in country, then it doesnt work for you because BMW dont want it to work in your country.

PS you dont have to link to mega for pictures. The forum has native and simple support for uploading images.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #129
bimmerelectric
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
hey I saw that post but wasnt quick enough to make a copy of your awesome spreadsheet.

would u mind sending me your latest version of it via PM?

many thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 05:26 PM   #130
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Usually, anyone who asks for this sheet/coding via PM bombards me with support requests on how to code it.

I'm going to post the link here but will not answer any questions on it's content. The coding is solid and will either work or not.

If you know what you are doing you'll figure it out. If you have a question then you're not ready so do more 'independent' research, or pay someone to help you.

Edit: Link removed due to unpredictable region specific behaviour.
Appreciate 5
      12-07-2020, 08:58 PM   #131
sucoru
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f15

Hello, everyone, tell me how to hide the fact of editing with Esys ncd files, so that the Service can not set the exact time and name of your PC with Esys.
I will clarify the question: PC name and editing time
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 03:18 AM   #132
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Thanks ifr, your codes are very helpful to all of us!

I almost got TLA coded for my G20, but must be missing something simple/silly.

C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv 134217728 # no option to change this to FFFFFFFF
So I edited Werte to FF FF FF FF and that did remove the 'not supported in this country" error under the SLA menu. But after enabling aSLA while driving it pops up the error message, not supported in this country and I don't see the traffic light signals in the dash.

C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv #assuming this is for 11/2020 sw, it was not found in the NCD file, but this is fine I just want it to let me know a light has changed, not actually take action!

I do not wish to use it for taking action, but would be really helpful to let me know when the light changes. Thanks in advance to anyone in the US who got this working. Full disclosure I did pm trojanhorse, but thought maybe others might know too.
Appreciate 0