Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Ok could you provide a snapshot of the exact fuse to remove ?
Literally the first returned result for "flap fuse" search: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24653223
I meant on like this pic which one is it ?

The diagram doesnt make sense to me
Sigh. Good luck.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...ent/1VncvSrfBj
Attached Images

Last edited by LexxM3; 09-18-2020 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 06:37 PM   #24
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

So you can pull fuse #203 on cold start and the flaps on both sides will remain open?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 05:58 AM   #25
babyghost
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
So you can pull fuse #203 on cold start and the flaps on both sides will remain open?
I don't think valves opens during cold start, better go with bimmerlink route.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 06:12 AM   #26
aman27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 x35i MSport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok could you provide a snapshot of the exact fuse to remove ?
Literally the first returned result for "flap fuse" search: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24653223
I meant on like this pic which one is it ?

The diagram doesnt make sense to me
Sigh. Good luck.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...ent/1VncvSrfBj
That worked perfectly.. flaps open permanently now and finally turned off the seatbelt reminder gongs omg hated those so much. Thank You for your help
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #27
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That worked perfectly.. flaps open permanently now and finally turned off the seatbelt reminder gongs omg hated those so much. Thank You for your help
Just to be clear.
You pulled fuse #203 on cold start up and this keeps the flaps open permanently?
Is that right?

Last edited by speedyman; 09-19-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #28
aman27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 x35i MSport

Quote:
Quote:
Just to be clear.
You pulled fuse #203 on cold start up and this keeps the flaps open permanently?
Is that right?
I used the Bimmerlink app to open the flaps then you can open at anytime and then remove #203
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #29
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I used the Bimmerlink app to open the flaps then you can open at anytime and then remove #203
Yes, I understand that Bimmerlink app gives you the ability to pull the fuse at any time.
I'm trying to find out if the flaps are both open on cold start up and can the fuse be pulled at that time to keep both flaps open.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 12:02 AM   #30
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I understand that Bimmerlink app gives you the ability to pull the fuse at any time.
I'm trying to find out if the flaps are both open on cold start up and can the fuse be pulled at that time to keep both flaps open.
Bro - flaps are open from the moment you open them using bimmerlink - cold start or not doesn't matter. Why don't you just try it? That would have been quicker than asking so many times 🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #31
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Bro - flaps are open from the moment you open them using bimmerlink - cold start or not doesn't matter. Why don't you just try it? That would have been quicker than asking so many times ����*♂️
My question is extremely simple "Bro". Are both exhaust flaps open on cold start up and can the fuse pull be done at that time to keep them open? That is a real simple yes or no that I was hopping for here as I am sure that someone knows the answer.
I know about "Bimmerlink" but don't want to mess with stuff like that if you don't have to. We don't all live our lives through the screen on a smart phone. Do we really need to always look for yet another layer of digital complication to perform very simple tasks.

Last edited by speedyman; 09-21-2020 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #32
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
My question is extremely simple "Bro". Are both exhaust flaps open on cold start-up and can the fuse pull be done at that time to keep them open? That is a real simple yes or no that I was hoping for here as I am sure that someone knows the answer.
I know about "Bimmerlink" but don't want to mess with stuff like that if you don't have to. We don't all live our lives through the screen on a smartphone. Do we really need to always look for yet another layer of digital complication to perform very simple tasks?
I can confirm that both flaps do NOT open during cold start. I can hear the passenger side valve open and the rumble. I can not from the drivers side, unfortunately.

BMW Parts and Accessories

https://pumperformance.com
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #33
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumxee View Post
I can confirm that both flaps do NOT open during cold start. I can hear the passenger side valve open and the rumble. I can not from the drivers side, unfortunately.
Thank You.
Pulling the pins and looping a wire around will work just fine at that point.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 01:34 PM   #34
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank You.
Are there two flaps? Or just one?

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #35
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank You.
Are there two flaps? Or just one?
You can read about G05/G06/G07 exhaust flap here (search for "flap" on page). In summary, 6 cylinder engines have one flap, 8 cylinder engines have 2 flaps — so your 40i has 1 on the passenger side.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...tem/1VnYm2yMJ7
Attached Images

09-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #36
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My question is extremely simple "Bro". Are both exhaust flaps open on cold start up and can the fuse pull be done at that time to keep them open? That is a real simple yes or no that I was hopping for here as I am sure that someone knows the answer.
I know about "Bimmerlink" but don't want to mess with stuff like that if you don't have to. We don't all live our lives through the screen on a smart phone. Do we really need to always look for yet another layer of digital complication to perform very simple tasks.
Maybe if you read up a bit more on the Bimmerlink app and the exhaust flap thread that was linked in one of the prior posts then you would know rather than waiting on someone to do the work for you and spoon feed you

I wish the search function on this forum was used a bit more smartly! you can use the search function on your computer/laptop as well if you don't want to bind yourself digitally to another mobile device. Thank you and march on.
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      09-21-2020, 06:21 PM   #37
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Maybe if you read up a bit more on the Bimmerlink app and the exhaust flap thread that was linked in one of the prior posts then you would know rather than waiting on someone to do the work for you and spoon feed you

I wish the search function on this forum was used a bit more smartly! you can use the search function on your computer/laptop as well if you don't want to bind yourself digitally to another mobile device. Thank you and march on.
Yeah sure Pal, I'll "march on" by your order. I don't need a lecture on the damn search button as we all know where and what it is, so thanks but no thanks for the enlightenment. If my posts on this subject cause you grief then don't read them and get over it.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #38
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
You can read about G05/G06/G07 exhaust flap here (search for "flap" on page). In summary, 6 cylinder engines have one flap, 8 cylinder engines have 2 flaps — so your 40i has 1 on the passenger side.

That's very interesting. Didn't know Sport mode opened the flap on the M Sport exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #39
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
That's very interesting. Didn't know Sport mode opened the flap on the M Sport exhaust.
That's cool. You hit the "sport" button in an M50i and you have the exhaust flaps open. It certainly seems to be the case or at least it sounds this way to me, noticeable but nothing crazy.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #40
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Bro - flaps are open from the moment you open them using bimmerlink - cold start or not doesn't matter. Why don't you just try it? That would have been quicker than asking so many times ����*
On mine, both flaps do not open on cold start. Doesn't matter if I start in comfort, sport or sport plus.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #41
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Quote:

It doesn't for me. The only time I hear the flap open is when I have a cold start. Sport mode doesn't do it

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #42
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah sure Pal, I'll "march on" by your order. I don't need a lecture on the damn search button as we all know where and what it is, so thanks but no thanks for the enlightenment. If my posts on this subject cause you grief then don't read them and get over it.
Ok but don't forget to use the search button next time, now that you know where it is
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 07:25 PM   #43
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Use my Carly adapter to open 1 actuator (passenger side). Pulled the fuse. All good there..

Prior to doing that, I tried everything to trigger the drivers side. Nothing worked. So I climbed underneath and pulled the metal connector and wired the actuator open.

The sound is very noticeable. Sounds close to the M550i at times. Still noting like a M850 in my opinion.

What I find strange, in comfort mode, sound is tame, even with flaps open. Put into Sport plus and its a different story. I also have engine sound set for Sporty. This also makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:57 PM   #44
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ok but don't forget to use the search button next time, now that you know where it is
Aye, Aye, Sir! Search button indeed.
Appreciate 0