BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-24-2020, 09:52 PM   #67
rockhead
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighStEclaire View Post
You might call back Monday. rockhead and I have new completion dates about 6 days sooner than initial dates, as of this weekend. My initial date was 12/1 but now I'm hearing 11/24. Not sure if it will hold. rockhead mentioned in a separate post they were going to call Monday to speak with a live person and confirm.
I did call yesterday and they told me that the ETA was definitely moved up and they expected it to be completed 11/25. This morning I thought maybe I would see some progress on the website status but it was still at Production Begins. So I called again and they said that lately the website does not track the in-between progress items and it will probably go straight to completion in one shot. He still thinks it will be complete tomorrow (11/25), so we will see.

RaleighStEclaire - did yours advance to production complete (or whatever it is called) today?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:26 AM   #68
RaleighStEclaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 45e

@rockhead mine is "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" which, from what I can gather, may take a few days. It did start yesterday in "Production Begins" and zipped through the other stages quickly. I missed most of them even though I was checking through the day so I do think the website is either a problem or the process is pretty darn fast once it's your turn.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:24 AM   #69
rockhead
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

RaleighStEclaire Nice!

Mine advanced a few steps and is at Entering Assembly Line this morning. Good to see some progress. It will be interesting to see when these vehicles get on to transport with the holiday tomorrow. I have heard varying comments as to whether the factory continues any meaningful operations during Thanksgiving and Xmas.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #70
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Mine sat at awaiting carrier assignment for over a week. Then, once it was dispatched, it arrived a couple of days ahead of when they said it would. My dealer indicated, at least for the northeast US, BMW is using a different carrier to truck vehicles, and their timelines are often inaccurate. Once it leaves the factory, it's not really up to BMW anymore, so the timing is uncertain.

Production begins just means all of the parts have been ordered from subcontractors. Those all need to come together, and the body isn't really started until confirmation, generally during the original build slot. Just like booking a cruise...you know the date, but probably don't know where your ship is at any time prior to when you're supposed to board...it's scheduled.
Appreciate 0