11-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
antjones21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4 M40i

Garage List
Driver Assistance Pro pkg or Luxury Seating pkg

Working on a custom order and I can't decide which pkg to get. Driver Assistance or Luxury seating pkg? Which is ore worth it?

Also struggling with Carbon black or Arctic Grey.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Working on a custom order and I can't decide which pkg to get. Driver Assistance or Luxury seating pkg? Which is ore worth it?

Also struggling with Carbon black or Arctic Grey.
Driving Assistance Pro and Arctic Grey - I'm partial to silvers and grays - but the later is purely a personal decision - I do love CB also, but looks flat when dirty.

I have both DAP and Luxury Seating but I'd give up massaging/ventilation for DAP features which I utilize everyday compared to Luxury Seating which I use except maybe once or twice a week.

Here's great article on BMW Driving Assist and DAP features to assist your decision-making:

"BMW Active Driving Assistant Pro equips a vehicle with several semi-autonomous driving aids. The traffic-jam assistance system builds on the adaptive cruise control technology with lane-centering assistance and the ability to steer for the driver at speeds below 40 mph, helping to make difficult commutes easier. This works only on limited-access highways and is not available in all driving situations..."

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shoppin...ving-assistant

Appreciate 1
      11-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #3
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i

Do both! You can get just the multi-contour seats (which IMO is the only thing worthwhile in the Luxe Seating package) and then DAP.

As for color, IMO depends on your age. If you're "younger" go with CB if you're "wiser" go with AG.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #4
antjones21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENtoLAS View Post
Do both! You can get just the multi-contour seats (which IMO is the only thing worthwhile in the Luxe Seating package) and then DAP.

As for color, IMO depends on your age. If you're "younger" go with CB if you're "wiser" go with AG.
Thanks, I like the idea of massaging seats but not sure how often I'd use it.

I'm 41 so I'm thinking go with the Grey
Appreciate 2
      11-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
aceman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550ix, 2008 Corvette

I got both. However - if you don't do long drives and/or don't have a back issue, i would forgo the massaging seats and get the Drivers Assistance Pro. The radar cruise is great for long trips AND high-traffic conditions.

I've had my car for appx 2000 miles, barely used the massaging seats, used the radar cruise quite a bit....and I have CB as well btw...

GL

Aceman
Appreciate 0