BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2023, 10:16 AM   #243
quadlt
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrius483 View Post
Hey, CD wont work in Lithuania, It will work only in countries like Poland, Germany, France and etc. If you want that, writte an email to US CD support to activate roaming.
That's fine. I'm mainly interested in downloading CarPlay as it should be available for free with connecteddrive, if I recall correctly. Still not sure what documents does US CD support require tho?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 12:25 PM   #244
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadlt View Post
That's fine. I'm mainly interested in downloading CarPlay as it should be available for free with connecteddrive, if I recall correctly. Still not sure what documents does US CD support require tho?
You can code CarPlay, US CD asked me to send notorized and translated to english vehicle registration document(green one we have in Lithuania) also insurance card, mine was already with english translation too.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 11:22 AM   #245
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 330E

Garage List
i want to tell you my strange story, i have activated roaming in my car, went to Poland a month ago, downloaded all apps, connected my account to the car and went back home to Lithuania being happy with results.
This monday i went to my car as usual, and noticed that something is changed, and it is RTTI, it is working, so immediatly went to apps menu, and found that "Update Apps and services" is active, checked myBMW application on my phone - it is working!
so now since last monday i have active connected drive in a country that is not even in roaming list.

Of course today i tried activating it on three other cars with MGU and ATM2 just like i did on mine - it didn't work.

Any ideas why mine is working?
| MGU Patching/Virginizing | ConnectedDrive activation for US cars in EU (Only MGU/ATM2) | Feature Installer codes | Map Updates | CarPlay activations. | NBT EVO GPS Connector installs. | NBT EVO repairs | Remote BMW Coding |
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 01:50 AM   #246
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 PHEV

Quote:
For roaming - you don't need do all this (documents. translation. notarization). Code MGU.
All this needed just to manually add you car to CD US account.
But this will not help you if you not in roaming country.

Just another copy, i mark important part.....

Hello,

Thank you for contacting ConnectedDrive Customer Care.

VIN: 5................

If vehicle cannot be mapped online, an ESA (ConnectedDrive Electronic Subscriber Agreement) must be created. Please provide proof of ownership so we can start the process.

Proof of Ownership can be at least two of the following documents:

A copy of the vehicle Title
A copy of the vehicle Registration.
A copy of the vehicle Insurance card.

Do not send Sales documents, these are not accepted as proof of ownership. Also, proof of ownership must be translated to English and authenticated in order for us to be able to verify ownership.

Note: Vehicle is an U.S Spec vehicle in another country. The ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a SIM Card embedded within the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all ConnectedDrive services. This SIM Card is registered for the U.S market and can be roaming at this time if eligible at your location.

Please see list of eligible countries below:

Austria
Belgium
Canada
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Czech Republic
Denmark
France
Germany
Guam
Israel
Italy
Mozambique
Netherlands
Norway
Mexico
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Republic of Korea
Romania
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom

If vehicle is located in any of those countries listed above, you may use the ConnectedDrive services. Please ensure to have the U.S version of the App in order for remote services to be operational. Please keep in mind that technology may oscillate accordantly to connectivity availability in the area.

If you are having issues with the ConnectedDrive services, please see your local BMW Center for further assistance.

Sincerely,

BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care

Last edited by Akh000; 03-04-2023 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2023, 01:53 AM   #247
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleNormaliai View Post
i want to tell you my strange story, i have activated roaming in my car, went to Poland a month ago, downloaded all apps, connected my account to the car and went back home to Lithuania being happy with results.
This monday i went to my car as usual, and noticed that something is changed, and it is RTTI, it is working, so immediatly went to apps menu, and found that "Update Apps and services" is active, checked myBMW application on my phone - it is working!
so now since last monday i have active connected drive in a country that is not even in roaming list.

Of course today i tried activating it on three other cars with MGU and ATM2 just like i did on mine - it didn't work.

Any ideas why mine is working?
Congratulation !
What ATM2 show in status in ISTA ?

you esim roaming even if you are not in roaming country. look like car get something when was abroad (like mobile operator settings)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 05:57 AM   #248
quadlt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akh000 View Post
For roaming - you don't need do all this (documents. translation. notarization). Code MGU.
All this needed just to manually add you car to CD US account.
But this will not help you if you not in roaming country.

If vehicle is located in any of those countries listed above, you may use the ConnectedDrive services. Please ensure to have the U.S version of the App in order for remote services to be operational. Please keep in mind that technology may oscillate accordantly to connectivity availability in the area.

If you are having issues with the ConnectedDrive services, please see your local BMW Center for further assistance.

Sincerely,

BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care
Your post is not entirely true. Here's the situation I was in:

Country not supported:
- "Update apps and services" button is grayed out, can't do anything in car related to CD.
- USA MyBMW app with USA CD account: VIN is recognized by the app, but can't get past "enter your details" part where u have to enter your US address (tried many addresses)

I tried going to Poland (country supported per list) without any prior coding:
- "Update apps and services" button became active. It tries "downloading data" but returns failed:

- MyBMW app now allowed to save my US address and is asking for the security code which is sent to BMW messages in the car. Since still no apps and services, can't get the code.

Also, I did not email any BMW support for "unlocking" anything. Basically stuck here without extra coding, but at least some progress. Hopefully @RuleNormaliai can help with the coding he did on his car and I'll try everything again.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 11:34 PM   #249
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
- MyBMW app now allowed to save my US address
- app allow do this even if you don't have car at all

As i write before -
Quote:
Code MGU.
that what you are really need. and it will work in Poland. You will get messages in car and after can add car to CD US account and it will be in mobile app.

I am writing this not from theory - i did like this.

I don't understand

Quote:
Your post is not entirely true.
- show me part where i lie.

+ if you have esys and can code - contact me - i will tell you what to change.

Last edited by Akh000; 03-04-2023 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2023, 12:59 AM   #250
quadlt
Rep

Quote:
- app allow do this even if you don't have car at all

As i write before -

that what you are really need. and it will work in Poland. You will get messages in car and after can add car to CD US account and it will be in mobile app.

I am writing this not from theory - i did like this.

I don't understand

My bad, I misunderstand your reply. You are correct - without coding CD will not start working in a supported country.

I PM you about coding. < nevermind, I cannot use PM system yet. Can you message me?

Last edited by quadlt; 03-05-2023 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 12:41 PM   #251
quadlt
Rep

So another success story on G20. With lots of help from @Akh000 I was able to update my apps in Poland. As soon as I crossed the border, I started downloading data. Waited about 30 min but nothing was happening, so I tried manually restarting MGU (hold power button for 30s) and then instantly it worked. At last reunited with carplay

Car connection (MyBMW app) stopped working of course when I went back, but hopefully can sort it out in the future too since RuleNormaliai seems to figure it out.

Once again thank you Akh000 for support
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 06:55 AM   #252
eksimdmitrij
Registered
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: g30 530I

Hello everybody! What must be coded in MGU?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 11:33 AM   #253
eksimdmitrij
Registered
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

Hello. Tell me please what I would to change in MGU? Thank
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 12:15 PM   #254
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksimdmitrij View Post
Hello. Tell me please what I would to change in MGU? Thank
if you want we can do it for you(for free of course), don't think that anyone will give it just like that in public.
| MGU Patching/Virginizing | ConnectedDrive activation for US cars in EU (Only MGU/ATM2) | Feature Installer codes | Map Updates | CarPlay activations. | NBT EVO GPS Connector installs. | NBT EVO repairs | Remote BMW Coding |
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 01:33 PM   #255
eksimdmitrij
Registered
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
if you want we can do it for you(for free of course), don't think that anyone will give it just like that in public.
Of course I want)) I am in Germany, my account is On, but I can not upgrade services and Apps. And vehicle not often update information in the App. Last was in February 15… I don’t know why… thank for any help!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 06:32 PM   #256
Andste
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Befor going to Poland, did you had installed apps? Because for me currently, I don't see any installed app on my car ... I have prepared my bmw usa version app, but where I will receive a code? Thanks in advance! 🇱🇹

Quote:
So another success story on G20. With lots of help from @Akh000 I was able to update my apps in Poland. As soon as I crossed the border, I started downloading data. Waited about 30 min but nothing was happening, so I tried manually restarting MGU (hold power button for 30s) and then instantly it worked. At last reunited with carplay

Car connection (MyBMW app) stopped working of course when I went back, but hopefully can sort it out in the future too since RuleNormaliai seems to figure it out.

Once again thank you Akh000 for support
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 03:41 AM   #257
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andste View Post
Befor going to Poland, did you had installed apps? Because for me currently, I don't see any installed app on my car ... I have prepared my bmw usa version app, but where I will receive a code? Thanks in advance! 🇱🇹
that's why you are going to Poland, to update/install your lost apps and connect your own CD account to car.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 10:41 AM   #258
G01LT
Registered
Rep
Drives: G01

G01 2022 from Canada. Using it in Lithuania. Registered on Canada Connecdetdrive portal, added my vehicle. Vehicle roaming is working, vehicle is online and can connect to CD. My BMW app also is working with all functionality like remote start, conditioning, 3D view. Car is getting software updates.
How to order Europe maps subscription and install maps? Maybe somebody have part code for order?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 11:17 AM   #259
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G01LT View Post
G01 2022 from Canada. Using it in Lithuania. Registered on Canada Connecdetdrive portal, added my vehicle. Vehicle roaming is working, vehicle is online and can connect to CD. My BMW app also is working with all functionality like remote start, conditioning, 3D view. Car is getting software updates.
How to order Europe maps subscription and install maps? Maybe somebody have part code for order?
Thank you
there is no other way than ordering it from dealer or some reseller.
can you confirm if it is a hybrid car?
Appreciate 1
cailas31.00
      04-12-2023, 12:24 PM   #260
G01LT
Registered
Rep
Drives: G01

Quote:
there is no other way than ordering it from dealer or some reseller.
can you confirm if it is a hybrid car?
No, it is M40i
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 03:40 AM   #261
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, it is M40i
ok, then my theory is broken, as all Lithuanian cars with working connected drive i have known until now were PHEVs.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 02:55 PM   #262
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thank you
Can confirm @ordering it from dealer or some reseller@
If you need contact - pm me.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 02:30 PM   #263
cristian920
Germany
Rep
Drives: M340XI

RuleNormaliai and Akh000 Can you please send PM on what needs to be done for activating roaming for MGU with ATM2? I am missing the BMW apps so I cannot get the code to link car to Canada CD account from Germany.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 02:14 PM   #264
bigg2009
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 5 G30

Hello, guys. Has anyone managed to connect the Connecdetdrive in BMW G30 NBT Evo id 6?
Appreciate 0