United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
can we be friends none of my friends are in the beta lol :T
That depends...how much money do you have?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #91
emac08
got em' son
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i sold / 08 E90 M3 sold

megggaaa invite me into sc2!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #92
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Would greatly appreciate a beta invite if anyone has a spare.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #93
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

i called dibs first :T
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #94
AJ@ECSMotorsports
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Ohhh man, I remember Starcraft!

Back when I was in.. middle school, LOL woow. long times ago!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #95
emac08
got em' son
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i sold / 08 E90 M3 sold

aiight. so i got an invite from another friend FTW!!!! its insane. if yall got beta. add me.... pm me for email!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #96
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep

u guys are so lucky :T
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #97
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Patch 6 Fixed Most of What I was Saying

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 6 (version 0.8.0.14593)

The latest patch notes can always be found at
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...49316&sid=5000

General
•You can now report misconduct or block communication with a player after completion of a game by right-clicking on the offending player's name in the score screen and choosing Report Abuse or Block Communication.
•You can now view any player's profile after completion of a game by right-clicking on their name in the score screen and choosing View Profile.
•Updated unit and ability tooltips to be accurate in all regions.
•Improved the visibility of units on zerg creep.
•Improved the visibility of team colors for protoss units using warp-in to help distinguish between multiple protoss players.
•Improved the system that handles promotion and relegation between Leagues.
•Improved the Favored functionality to more accurately portray Even matches and display properly in the score screen.
•Improved 2v2 arranged team matchmaking so games are found more quickly.
•Improved replay functionality so missing maps will be downloaded from Battle.net when you view a replay.
•Korea: Improved the logic for the age gate functionality.

Balance Changes
GENERAL
•Pathing has been improved so units can now properly block ramps and choke points.
•Made a change to how zerg creep affects doodads, such as trees, to prevent players from seeing the starting location of zerg players through the fog of war.
TERRAN
Viking
•Cost changed from 125 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals and 75 Vespene Gas.
Ghost
•Cost changed from 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals and 150 Vespene Gas.
•EMP Round radius decreased from 3 to 2.
Factory
•Cost decreased from 200 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas.
Tech Lab
•Cost decreased from 50 Minerals and 50 Vespene Gas to 50 Minerals and 25 Vespene Gas.
Reactor
•Build time increased from 25 seconds to 50 seconds.
SCV
•Life decreased from 60 to 45.
Bunker
•Build time decreased from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.
Marine
•Build time increased from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
PROTOSS
Colossus
•Thermal Lances damage decreased from 23 to 20.
Observer
•Cost increased from 25 Minerals and 75 Vespene Gas to 50 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas.
•Build time increased from 33 seconds to 40 seconds.
Stalker
•Particle Disruptors damage increased from 8 (+6 Armored) to 10 (+4 Armored).
•Weapon upgrade damage decreased from +1 (+1 Armored) to +1 (+0 Armored).
Dark Templar
•Armor type changed from Biological-Psionic to Biological-Psionic-Light.
High Templar
•Armor type changed from Biological-Psionic to Biological-Psionic-Light.
Dark Shrine
•Build time increased from 80 seconds to 100 seconds.
•Cost increased from 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene Gas to 100 Minerals and 250 Vespene Gas.
ZERG
Baneling
•Volatile Burst damage increased from 15 (+20 Light) to 20 (+15 Light).
Roach
•Burrowed regeneration rate decreased from 10 to 5.
•Upgraded burrowed regeneration bonus decreased from +20 to +10.

Bug Fixes
•Fixed an issue affecting the incorrect assignment of arranged teams to certain Leagues.
•Fixed an issue affecting random teams that caused no points being awarded on wins and too many points being removed on losses in certain situations.
•Fixed an issue involving the Bonus Pool display on the Quick Match and Leagues & Ladders pages.
•Korean client: Fixed an issue affecting the ability for Korean players to properly view profiles. They can now see their League ranking on their profile page.
•Fixed an intermittent UI crash on game shutdown.
•Polish client: Fixed a crash which would happen any time a "Player is no longer being revealed!" message was displayed.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #98
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Seems Zerg still doesn't have a good way to deal with Heavy Air yet.

Hope that the Stalker Buff will make Protoss Ground-to-Air better versus mass Mutalisks. Haven't played any games in a long while, just started it up to download this patch...

Hopefully, the next patch gives Zerg some good anti-heavy-air (unless you teched for Mutas, you're screwed). If you went Mutas, you have to use them to harass vulnerable areas of an enemy's base, using their speed to outrun ground-to-air, and even most air-to-air.

Not sure about the Colossus nerf: they're really strong, but they're really expensive and take a long time to build.

Protoss players should be happy with the Ghost nerf, less radius to that EMP.

Hope that Roach nerf will make it so that it doesn't regenerate faster than you can damage it, even focus-fired.

Still doesn't look like there's a good answer to MMM, except maybe the increased damage done by Stalkers might help. What's Zerg to do against MMM other than a mix of Roaches and some well placed Banelings and some Hydras?

Believe it or not, that SCV nerf had to happen. I have a 1v1 Platinum League friend who I AT with. Our strat (which probably won't work now) was build 11 SCV's as fast as we could, send all but 1 to attack. Use that 1 to build a Supply Depot and continue making SCV's. We were 12-0 with that strategy. It would be strange to see SCV's beating other harvesting units AND tier 1 units.

What I would like to see are more maps: specifically maps that have bases without choke points and ramps.

FWIW: I have 2 extra beta keys...any takers?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #99
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
The ladder's been reset, and I lost all my friends.

LFG: shingami.okami

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-27-2010 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #100
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep

if its a free key, i'd play the shit out of it.. what can i do to get one? :T
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #101
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
1 Key left: anyone?

I haven't been playing at all since the ladder reset, but Patch 7 was just released:

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...49316&sid=5000
Balance Changes
TERRAN
Banshee
•The health has been increased from 130 to 140.
Missile Turret
•The damage has been changed from 7+7 armored to 12.
Thor
•Anti-Air damage has been decreased from 10+6 light to 8+4 light.
•Anti-Air attack now deals splash damage in a 0.5 radius.
PROTOSS
High Templar
•The Psi Storm radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5.
Photon Cannon
•Life and Shield values have been increased from 125/125 to 150/150.
ZERG
Broodlord
•Damage has been decreased from 25 to 20.
Roach
•Organic Carapace no longer grants bonus regeneration to unburrowed roaches.
Spine Crawler
•Damage has been increased from 20+10 armored to 25+5 armored.
•Attack period decreased from 2.2 to 1.6.
Spore Crawler
•The cost has been decreased from 100 to 75.
Bug Fixes
•Fixed an issue in which players would desync when matched against others with certain CPUs.

I hope to start playing again, just been busy.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-30-2010 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #102
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

give me a invite if anyone got one..
thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 12:52 AM   #103
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I thought I'd try something different with the ladder reset - rather than play to win, play to have fun.
It is more fun to get Nuke Strikes, and mass High Templar for Psi Storm, or get Zerg Banelings and self destruct all over the place, or Infestors and their abilities. However, you won't win trying to tech this way.
I ended up getting placed in Bronze League and have played 9 games since then.
We already have ladder abusers - I played a Terran player who was very good, did the build refineries on my gas geysers to slow my ability to gather gas. I was playing around and built a bunker next to my refineries and put marines in it to destroy his refineries. He left the game. Checked his stats after game, and he's a high-ranked Gold League.
You could say I'm abusing the ladder, but I'm going to keep playing this way. It's more fun to get special units and feel the satisfaction of a Nuclear Strike, or Psi Storm a mass of Marines than it is to have quick 3 minute games. So it's not really abuse is it? It's not like I'm not losing on purpose.

The patches have and haven't fixed some things.
Protoss AA has gotten better...except vs. mass Mutalisks.

Depending on topography, the Zerg can beat Collosi at great cost with ground units. This is obviously ill advised, however. Your best bet for taking down Collosi with Zerg is still air.

It's hard to say if MMM is counter-able now or not. I'm not playing at my usual Gold/Silver league so the players I'm playing with aren't nearly as good. I played a player using MMM and I was able to beat him with mass Hydralisks. I don't think he micro'ed at all though.

I did win a game vs Terran as Protoss using High-Templar, Immortals, Zealots, and Stalkers. They had all their upgrades (not counting the ones at the Forge), so Stalkers could Blink, and Zealots had Charge and their speed upgrade.
Although I won, there was an attack on his base where he had 3 Reapers. They can still out run and hit Zealots with no problem. Shoot a volley, run away, shoot a volley, run away. They can outrun Zealots enough that even with Charge, the Zealots can't get close enough to hit them.
Reapers will need some kind of nerf, as you can imagine in the hands of a skilled player, they can easily be abused. I think they should have an acceleration nerf - It takes them a bit to get up to speed.

The Immortals had a clear advantage against Siege Tanks, but once again, have a problem with Reapers. Reapers have two types of attack: these dual pistols and grenades. The grenades do heavy damage, and destroy buildings rather quickly. The pistols do light damage. Since the Immortals' shields work against heavy damage, the pistols the Reapers use ignore the shields and just start damaging the Immortals right away.

I also won a game where a Terran player first tried MMM but too late - and I Psi Stormed his masses to nothing.

Psi Storm is Painful!

Not Much Left but A Bloody Mess

I lose 1 Zealot, he loses 14 Marines.

He tried cloaked Banshees which lost to my High Templar's Psi Storm. Although cloaked, you can see the "Predator" looking cloak and AOE it.
I Hear Those Banshees are Real Screamers...When they're hit by Psi Storm

He then tried Battlecruisers which lost to High Templar again - Feedback and then Psi Storm. Feedback destroys an enemies "mana" and then damages them for the same amount of mana that was destroyed.
He told me High Templar are overpowered. I tried to argue that they're expensive 150 gas is a lot.
Psi Storm has already been nerfed - it's radius is smaller than before. Personally, I don't think it's overpowerd. If you're attacking a Psi-Storm base, you just have to micro your attack and count on the fact they're going to cast it. Pre-emptively move and they waste it. The High Templar are rather fragile and slow moving. You can target them pretty easily this way.
Interesting about the High Templar however, is that Feedback works really well versus Battlecruisers. Yamato Cannon in SC1 could be used to pick off High Templar. Not so much anymore. Yamato Cannon takes a while to charge up before being fired. Enough time for a vigiliant player to Feedback the Battlecruiser before it's fired - then it can't since it has no energy.

Before anyone says that that does sound overpowered, the Terran player didn't use any Terran Ghosts with EMP Shockwave. However, I guess a vigilant Protoss Player could theoretically use Feedback on a Ghost as well, but EMP has an AOE and more range. High Templar with no energy are useless. Further, Ghosts can cloak to try and get in to use their abilities (I know, most likely High Templar will be in the base, and not on the outskirts).

In Terms of Fun
I'm having the most fun playing as Protoss (mainly for Psi Storm). I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually.

The next most fun is Terran, getting those Nukes in.

Zerg is the hardest to have fun with. Their specialized unit is the Infestor, which can spawn Infested Terrans (die after a time period), and Fungal Growth which is AOE, DOT, and traps units in place. It's somewhat fun to get an Overlord to make a Changleling and have it roam around an enemies' base before they realize it's not their unit. Changelings are black globs that morph into a same-colored as your enemy (somewhat off-colored), Marine, Zealot, or Zergling that you control and can scout them with.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-31-2010 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #104
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Graphics look pretty sweet, I'm pumped.

What's your computer set up, mega?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #105
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
It should probably be noted that Terran Bunkers are still relatively useless. I rushed a base with a bunker full of Marines with 5 Zealots. The bunker and the Marines were lost, I lost 1 Zealot for the bunker, and just about another with the remaining Marines.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #106
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Other than Protoss Psi Storm, my other favorite thing to do is Terran Nukes.
Nuclear Launch Detected

Boom!

Ghosts' get Kill Count for Nuke Hits Now

Not Much Left in the Aftermath

It's cool to see it too, their charred bodies writhe in agony as they burn and fall to ash.

If you've Nuked enough in the game that you've made them paranoid checking everywhere, they forget to check their units and you can Nuke them at their Rally Point Directly

Maybe a Little Sneaky, but hiding behind their Vespene Gas Geyesers can help out

Look at that Ghost's kill count!

Other Ghost Abilities Include EMP Shockwave and Sniper Round. EMP does the same thing it did in the first one, and Sniper Round deals 45 Damage while ignoring armor (one shot kill to Marines unless they've upgraded to carry a shield; their shield adds to total HP rather than armor).
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #107
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post
Graphics look pretty sweet, I'm pumped.

What's your computer set up, mega?
My Computer Set-Up doesn't matter too much, rather, I should provide the (minimum) specs this game will require:
Some Dual-Core Processor
256 MB Video Card (you won't get the graphics you're seeing in the screenshots with that set-up however)
2GB DDR2 RAM
The Beta is taking up 2.09 GB, but this isn't including the Campaign Mode. I would guess the finished game with movies and interactive campaign screens will bring it around 12 GB HD space. Expansions will make that higher...

I'm running everything on Ultra. There's Low, Normal, High, and Ultra settings. I'm running:
1366 i7
1GB nVidia GPU
6 GB DDR3 RAM
Raptor 160 GB HD (for installed Programs) - I have a 1 TB for storage

All bragging aside, the game actually looks better than these screen shots.

My next upgrade will be to a SSD. The seek times on those put any mechanical HD to shame.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-31-2010 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #108
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I'm still hating Protoss Void Rays though. In terms of damage, they do more than any other unit in the game. For you WoW players, think of an infinite (until death) Curse of Affliction; the amount of damage it does grows as it stays on target.

1-3 of them can destroy your Command Center really quickly if you don't have any defense. You can't rely on Missile Turrets, Photon Cannons or Spore Crawlers either, they outrange them. They do move slowly though, about the same speed as Carriers (slightly faster than Battlecruisers). Your best bet is to have some good Air-to-Air as they can out maneuver Ground-to-Air Units with hit and runs, then out-range your Ground-to-Air to pick them off.

The kind of cool thing Zerg have gotten are Spore Crawlers and Spine Crawlers (replacing the Spore Colony and Sunken Colony). They are mobile static defense buildings. They can uproot, and then re-root on creep somewhere else.

The main difference I'm finding between Bronze and Silver Leagues is that Bronze League players hardly scout, and if they do it's only once at the very beginning or with a Scanner Sweep/Observer. Silver Leaguers will often send a sacrificial Probe to see what you've teched to or have. Bronze Leaguers DO micro, but they don't scout.

I have no idea what Copper League plays like...must be like s#it though.

I've played with Gold Leaguers before, I struggle to keep up, usually lose, and sometimes win.

I've been decimated by Platinum Leaguers, and also met Platinum Abusers, those who lose to low-ranked players on purpose, so they get lower ranked Platinum League, or high ranked Gold League to play with and make their stats look better.

I think the problem I have with Platinum and Gold League is everything becomes cookie-cutter; that is everyone does the same strats it's just a matter of who does it better/faster/or just dumb luck (in the right place at the wrong time).

If you want to feel good about yourself by winning all the time (for a while anyway), I would say you could lose about 10 games (including your placement matches) on purpose, being put at the lower runges of a Copper League. You'd have nothing but easy opponents for a long time (until you got to upper Bronze, or Silver League), depending on your skill level. Your overall standing however, will always be crap doing this.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-31-2010 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #109
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Add me:

BetaThanYou.betathanyou

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #110
Mega Man