BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #1
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I hate when large vehicles obscure my view at an intersection

Pull up to a T. Road ends at the intersection but one can turn left or right and there is room for two cars side by side. Truck or SUV pulls up to turn left which entails crossing a lane of traffic before reaching the lane that the driver is seeking. So he needs to wait for both lanes to clear. I am in the right lane trying to turn right. The truck or SUV pulls all the way forward blocking my view of the traffic. I only need to merge into the lane moving to the right but I CAN'T SEE THE TRAFFIC BECAUSE OF THE BOZO WHO UNNECESSARILY PULLED ALL THE WAY FORWARD blocking my view.

A related rant is somewhat similar. Pull up to a traffic light. There is one car in the lane that would either turn left or drive forward and enough room to the right of a car to be able to pull alongside to turn right. I pull up. Being courteous I don't want to pull into the right lane and the car in front of me is not signaling a turn. Finally the light changes and the idiot turns on his turn signal to turn left blocking me.

Left lane hogs and drivers who don't properly use their turn signals drive me nuts.
Appreciate 2
arashir164.00
BMWM5NYC496.00
      11-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I drive for a living, and I hate large vehicles too, but the two things that really trip my trigger are...

1. Left lane hoggers (like you say). I feel like if this one rule was enforced properly we'd have a massive amount less traffic.

2. Trucker racism. Basically 18-wheelers that will cut cars off within 5 feet, but will wait for 2 truck-lengths before they get back over in front of another truck.

Burn all their houses down.
Appreciate 4
NYG10571.50
BMWM5NYC496.00
thegump73.50
      11-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I drive for a living, and I hate large vehicles too, but the two things that really trip my trigger are...

1. Left lane hoggers (like you say). I feel like if this one rule was enforced properly we'd have a massive amount less traffic.

2. Trucker racism. Basically 18-wheelers that will cut cars off within 5 feet, but will wait for 2 truck-lengths before they get back over in front of another truck.

The trucker racism applies to anyone that drives for a living.

School bus drivers, public transit, truckers...

I appreciate what they do but they always feel the need to be a part of some brotherhood of dipshits. No one is impressed at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Agreed on all counts.
Attached Images

11-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
The trucker racism applies to anyone that drives for a living.

School bus drivers, public transit, truckers...

I appreciate what they do but they always feel the need to be a part of some brotherhood of dipshits. No one is impressed at all.
I can understand the gang mentality, but they wait so long that, we who are paying attention, will try to get in the right lane and pass them, and then they immediately cut us off again. It's the most infuriating thing, honestly, and quite dangerous. Of course, cutting someone off within 10 feet at 75 mph is dangerous too, but they do it constantly.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Pull up to a T. Road ends at the intersection but one can turn left or right and there is room for two cars side by side. Truck or SUV pulls up to turn left which entails crossing a lane of traffic before reaching the lane that the driver is seeking. So he needs to wait for both lanes to clear. I am in the right lane trying to turn right. The truck or SUV pulls all the way forward blocking my view of the traffic. I only need to merge into the lane moving to the right but I CAN'T SEE THE TRAFFIC BECAUSE OF THE BOZO WHO UNNECESSARILY PULLED ALL THE WAY FORWARD blocking my view.
This happens on a regular basis to me here and these trucks are now so big that even when they stop at the line it completely blocks my visibility of the intersecting road in that direction. I will sit there and wait indefinitely because I refuse to drive faster than I can see. Although it is nice to have the side-view cameras in these cases.

But that is no where near as annoying as the proliferating floodlight beams coming out of many of these vehicles at night. I don't understand what they get out of burning everybody's retinas in front of them all the time unless they are the kind of immature person that just takes pride in passive aggressive bullying.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 05:40 PM   #7
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post

I commute 40 miles(one way) for work, and the amount of times I see this EVERY day is amazing. These trucks literally swerve over RIGHT in front of a car in the next lane, and they either have to slam on their brakes or swerve left into the next lane and possibly make that lane do the same that just happened to them, it's asinine. I don't know what the hell these truck drivers are thinking by doing this, like what sense does that make?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #8
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Yeah it sucks. nothing you can do though. I was at an angled-back-in parking lot at Whole Foods today. Big dodge ram parked next to me and pulling out of those situations you just gotta go slow and pray.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 06:00 AM   #9
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

So you expect people to drive with just you in mind and find it not courteous when they don't?

LOL...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #10
GTF
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i, 2023 X1

I find the big rig drivers generally considerate. Bound to run into some idiots considering the number on the road. What I find infuriating is the number of pickups driven by people that have absolutely no need for those huge vehicles. Nor have the ability to drive/park them. I know the manufacturers run pickup ads constantly because that's where the margins are, but realistically many never need the hauling capability. They are great vehicles when needed for work, farms, etc., but I just don't get why people would buy one for transportation. And the ones that are jacked up with oversized tires, spacers...don't get me started.
Appreciate 1
..Rush..973.50
      11-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

The street I live on has Ts at both ends. The cross streets both have 4 lanes of traffic. All too often I have dealt with large/tall vehicles blocking my view while trying to turn in either direction. My solution has been the asshole solution - I pull dab smack in the middle. Not enough room on the right or the left to go around me.

Now in return, I have learned that the vast majority of people pull way farther into the intersection than needed when turning. As such, if there is room to go around I just hang back enough to watch for an opening while not blocking their view.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #12
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

And sneks on planes. I hate those too.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 12:43 PM   #13
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

It's not truck-racism. It's called "I don't care if you die" sh#t. If the fcker cuts you off and hits you, you die not him. If the fcker cuts off another big truck and they collide, he will die therefore he makes sure he leaves two truck length.

But if whenever fcker cuts off someone like that, he'll get a bazooka fired at his a$$, trust me the fcker will never do that again.

When some truking fcker tries to kill me on the road, it gets personal real fast, and I want to kill the fcker to make sure it will never happen again.

Last edited by WestRace; 11-03-2019 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #14
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
It's not truck-racism. It's called "I don't care if you die" sh#t. If the fcker cuts you off and hits you, you die not him. If the fcker cuts off another big truck and they collide, he will die therefore he makes sure he leaves two truck length.

But if whenever fcker cuts off someone like that, he'll get a bazooka fired at his a$$, trust me the fcker will never do that again.

When some truking fcker tries to kill me on the road, it gets personal real fast, and I want to kill the fcker to make sure it will never happen again.
Whoa. Absolutely wrong behavior by the truck driver but tamp down the road rage.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 04:57 PM   #15
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

How about the 18 wheeler that has no problem passing the other semi but slows down the other vehicles. I’ve been cruising at 78-80mph and the guy is not even going the speed limit.