BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-30-2019, 08:05 PM   #265
IllSic_Design
Colonel
IllSic_Design's Avatar
United_States
1865
Rep
2,683
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Also, did anyone who went to Monticello go check out the collector car storage area?

I did not know they had that when I went, where is it located at the track?
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #266
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I did not know they had that when I went, where is it located at the track?
above the parking lot, other end from the main building track stuff goes on at
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #267
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Anyone get the 2019 hat pin yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 06:03 PM   #268
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Anyone get the 2019 hat pin yet?
oh that sucker will come in like 5 months when you forgot you even went to M Track Days
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #269
IllSic_Design
Colonel
IllSic_Design's Avatar
United_States
1865
Rep
2,683
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
oh that sucker will come in like 5 months when you forgot you even went to M Track Days
Yup, that's what happened with my 2018 pin
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 06:20 PM   #270
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Yup, that's what happened with my 2018 pin
yep the anyone know anything about M Track Days will turn into anyone get their pin for a few months, then after we get them. Anyone hear about M Track Days 2020? lol

I will say, I need to look back into the rumors people were posting before. I swore one mentioned new tracks, but I think they were most if not all the same.
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #271
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Yup, that's what happened with my 2018 pin
yep the anyone know anything about M Track Days will turn into anyone get their pin for a few months, then after we get them. Anyone hear about M Track Days 2020? lol

I will say, I need to look back into the rumors people were posting before. I swore one mentioned new tracks, but I think they were most if not all the same.
I was the one who heard new tracks. There was informal Q&A at the end of the Monticello session in '18 while we waited for instructors to queue for hot laps...I asked about 2019 and they mentioned other tracks.

I think the only new one for 2019 was the Chicago option, right?

I was hoping for VIR where they occasionally do an advanced 2 day M school.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #272
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
I was the one who heard new tracks. There was informal Q&A at the end of the Monticello session in '18 while we waited for instructors to queue for hot laps...I asked about 2019 and they mentioned other tracks.

I think the only new one for 2019 was the Chicago option, right?

I was hoping for VIR where they occasionally do an advanced 2 day M school.
I personally always have a great time and with the new M3 coming out as long as they have one in the fleet I would return to Monticello, but the drive kills me.

Four hours each way driven the morning before and right after.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #273
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
I was the one who heard new tracks. There was informal Q&A at the end of the Monticello session in '18 while we waited for instructors to queue for hot laps...I asked about 2019 and they mentioned other tracks.

I think the only new one for 2019 was the Chicago option, right?

I was hoping for VIR where they occasionally do an advanced 2 day M school.
I personally always have a great time and with the new M3 coming out as long as they have one in the fleet I would return to Monticello, but the drive kills me.

Four hours each way driven the morning before and right after.
Same here. I live in DC so it's the best option but it takes me almost 5 to go straight there. I've been staying at a nice place in Milford PA for the last two years to break it up.

Back and forth same day is too brutal.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #274
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Same here. I live in DC so it's the best option but it takes me almost 5 to go straight there. I've been staying at a nice place in Milford PA for the last two years to break it up.

Back and forth same day is too brutal.
I would like to have it at like NJMP or Summit Point.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #275
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)







Appreciate 2
MmmmmM21337.00
      11-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #276
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

The last M Track Days event of the year was a week or so ago.

Pin Watch 2019 begins?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #277
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
The last M Track Days event of the year was a week or so ago.

Pin Watch 2019 begins?
Oct 16th was the last event - at Thermal.

#pinwatch2019
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #278
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Oct 16th was the last event - at Thermal.

#pinwatch2019
Good news is I finally put them on my bookbag. (My 2017 and 2019 pin)

Anyone know what the 2016 pin looked like?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #279
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Oct 16th was the last event - at Thermal.

#pinwatch2019
Good news is I finally put them on my bookbag. (My 2017 and 2019 pin)

Anyone know what the 2016 pin looked like?
2016 came in the same type of box as 2017 but it was just an M logo. About an inch long.

Pic below.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #280
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
2016 came in the same type of box as 2017 but it was just an M logo. About an inch long.

Pic below.
Well thats boring, glad it changed when I joined
Appreciate 1
auggiem3247.50
      12-03-2019, 06:34 PM   #281
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Starting to think the 2019 pin won't happen...bummer.

Been over a month and a half since the last event.

Wonder if this years hat (that says 2019 M Track Days) checked the box for BMW this year.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #282
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Starting to think the 2019 pin won't happen...bummer.

Been over a month and a half since the last event.

Wonder if this years hat (that says 2019 M Track Days) checked the box for BMW this year.
idk I think last year we were waiting around, thinking it was never coming then it did

also if I remember M Track Days started months later than it did in 2019 than 2018.
Appreciate 1
auggiem3247.50
      12-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #283
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Starting to think the 2019 pin won't happen...bummer.

Been over a month and a half since the last event.

Wonder if this years hat (that says 2019 M Track Days) checked the box for BMW this year.
idk I think last year we were waiting around, thinking it was never coming then it did

also if I remember M Track Days started months later than it did in 2019 than 2018.
Fingers crossed.

In 2017, I attended COTA on July 26 and had the pin in hand on Aug 27. About a month and, IIRC, events went on until September or later.

In '18, I went to Monticello on Aug 16 and the pin showed up Oct 11. So 2 months but, again, I think there were Thermal days as late as November.

(I've got the dates the packages arrived because I posted here).
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 10:16 PM   #284
black_F10M5
Lieutenant
black_F10M5's Avatar
233
Rep
456
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

great vids. I was at the MMC event as well. Awesome time!
__________________
2016 M5 | Instagram: @black_f10m5

IND cosmetic | M Performance , RKP , 3D Design aero | Eisenmann Race exhaust | AMS catted downpipes | MSR intake | CSF charge coolers | DME Stage 2 tune | KW v3 coilovers | BBS FI | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #285
Grip Addict
///M Connoisseur
Grip Addict's Avatar
1134
Rep
1,819
Posts

Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_F10M5 View Post
great vids. I was at the MMC event as well. Awesome time!
thanks man!
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #286
auggiem3
Captain
auggiem3's Avatar
United_States
248
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Starting to think the 2019 pin won't happen...bummer.

Been over a month and a half since the last event.

Wonder if this years hat (that says 2019 M Track Days) checked the box for BMW this year.
idk I think last year we were waiting around, thinking it was never coming then it did

also if I remember M Track Days started months later than it did in 2019 than 2018.
Ok, I'm calling it. Hat at reception with the '19 reference on the back replaced the pin.

Bummer.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST