BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2020, 03:29 AM   #67
wanman
New Member
wanman's Avatar
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X5 40i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Its was found in a research document similar to this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1586631774686
Thank you for taking the time to dig it up!!! Very good info!
Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #68
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
Mjbmw1's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgv View Post
So far the apps have not downloaded. Is there anything else you might have done differently?

Did you finally get the apps working?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #69
Delgv
Enlisted Member
Delgv's Avatar
Germany
9
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2019 G05 40i Msport
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Reilingen Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Did you finally get the apps working?
Nope. I got the same answer as I got from the BMWNA. It does not work. I havenít even answer their email. I was not even able to talk a supervisor as he was busy and promised me a return call. Instead I got an email.
__________________
1999 323 Sport Pkg
2003 530i MSport
2011 530d xDrive Touring
2019 x5 40i MSport Artic Grey
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 01:33 PM   #70
Delgv
Enlisted Member
Delgv's Avatar
Germany
9
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2019 G05 40i Msport
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Reilingen Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Did you finally get the apps working?
Did anybody else got it to work besides you?
__________________
1999 323 Sport Pkg
2003 530i MSport
2011 530d xDrive Touring
2019 x5 40i MSport Artic Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 07:20 PM   #71
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
Mjbmw1's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgv View Post
Nope. I got the same answer as I got from the BMWNA. It does not work. I havenít even answer their email. I was not even able to talk a supervisor as he was busy and promised me a return call. Instead I got an email.
Thats the problem, you are supposed to contact BMW DE Connected drive. Not BMW NA. You have to fill out the German forms and send in military vehicle registration. You need to have them send out the connected drive activation. Once this is complete you go on the US app register the vehicle and get pin code.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #72
Delgv
Enlisted Member
Delgv's Avatar
Germany
9
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2019 G05 40i Msport
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Reilingen Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Thats the problem, you are supposed to contact BMW DE Connected drive. Not BMW NA. You have to fill out the German forms and send in military vehicle registration. You need to have them send out the connected drive activation. Once this is complete you go on the US app register the vehicle and get pin code.
mjbmw1,
I did sent them the signed paperwork and registration and called them. I will try once more.
__________________
1999 323 Sport Pkg
2003 530i MSport
2011 530d xDrive Touring
2019 x5 40i MSport Artic Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 04:33 PM   #73
osteome
Major
osteome's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,137
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 Pending
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (4)

Anyone else get it to work?

We were finally able to pick up our 2020 x40i from Euler on Monday. They state that they still cannot load the European maps, although they are aware that Bavarian can, but don't "recommend" their approach.


In reference to the apps, it appears from the thread that I need to get BMW NA to activate the feature and BMW DE to send the code required to obtain functionality?

Will I need the European maps loaded as a first step?

Thanks.
__________________
2020 X5: MW/Coffee Extended Merino, M Sport, Executive, B&W, Driver's Pro, Luxury Seating, Extended Shadowline, Leather Dash, 22 M Double Spoke, M Brakes, Air Suspension, IAS

Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo: 6MT, Tech, Premium, Cold, Premium Sound, Ipod, 19'' Wheels, OEM Exhaust Mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #74
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
Mjbmw1's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

So im connected using my car wifi somehow this is working here is the ip information

NetRange: 204.156.180.0 - 204.156.183.255
CIDR: 204.156.180.0/22
NetName: JASPE-9
NetHandle: NET-204-156-180-0-1
Parent: NET204 (NET-204-0-0-0-0)
NetType: Direct Assignment
OriginAS:
Organization: Jasper Technologies Inc. (JASPE-9)
RegDate: 2015-08-28
Updated: 2015-08-28
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/204.156.180.0


OrgName: Jasper Technologies Inc.
OrgId: JASPE-9
Address: 3003 Bunker Hill Lane
City: Santa Clara
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 95054
Country: US
RegDate: 2009-12-01
Updated: 2015-08-25
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JASPE-9


OrgAbuseHandle: NOC2708-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: NOC
OrgAbusePhone: +1-408-328-5200
OrgAbuseEmail: notify@jasperwireless.com
OrgAbuseRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NOC2708-ARIN

OrgTechHandle: NOC2708-ARIN
OrgTechName: NOC
OrgTechPhone: +1-408-328-5200
OrgTechEmail: notify@jasperwireless.com
OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NOC2708-ARIN
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #75
Ninefourteener
Major
721
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Soooo..... TODAY..... literally (May 17th, 2020).... All of a sudden, all sorts of new apps show up on my Idrive. I didn't ask for anything, didn't log in to anything.... just "poof".... it all showed up. I EVEN ACTIVATED THE CRASH CAMERA APP (or whatever ot is called - when the camera starts recording auromatically 20 seconds before an accident). Its working now!

I've tried logging into my connected account numerous times in the past, and it wouldn't let me.

I've got the weather app, the traffic app, lots of other things I haven't even explored yet. I tried to log in to connected while I was sitting in my car... and it rejected again.

But.... then I went inside, saw that I had an email prompting me to log in..... so I did. Poof, the car is there. I can save favorites to my gps, send destinations from my phone, honk horn, locate vehicle, and even view my vehicles surroundings remotely.

Which is weird.... check out this picture. The surroundings are CORRECT. However, my car isn't a base model X5... nor is it silver... lol. Whatever.... I'll take it.

I have NO IDEA what happened..... but it happened. Crazy stoked about this. Now I just need to learn how to use it all.

BTW.... Alpine white American Spec 2020 BMW X5M50, located in Belgium
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
A6bullet317.50

      05-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #76
Delgv
Enlisted Member
Delgv's Avatar
Germany
9
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2019 G05 40i Msport
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Reilingen Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Soooo..... TODAY..... literally (May 17th, 2020).... All of a sudden, all sorts of new apps show up on my Idrive. I didn't ask for anything, didn't log in to anything.... just "poof".... it all showed up. I EVEN ACTIVATED THE CRASH CAMERA APP (or whatever ot is called - when the camera starts recording auromatically 20 seconds before an accident). Its working now!

I've tried logging into my connected account numerous times in the past, and it wouldn't let me.

I've got the weather app, the traffic app, lots of other things I haven't even explored yet. I tried to log in to connected while I was sitting in my car... and it rejected again.

But.... then I went inside, saw that I had an email prompting me to log in..... so I did. Poof, the car is there. I can save favorites to my gps, send destinations from my phone, honk horn, locate vehicle, and even view my vehicles surroundings remotely.

Which is weird.... check out this picture. The surroundings are CORRECT. However, my car isn't a base model X5... nor is it silver... lol. Whatever.... I'll take it.

I have NO IDEA what happened..... but it happened. Crazy stoked about this. Now I just need to learn how to use it all.

BTW.... Alpine white American Spec 2020 BMW X5M50, located in Belgium
Dude,
I am happy for you. Enjoy!
__________________
1999 323 Sport Pkg
2003 530i MSport
2011 530d xDrive Touring
2019 x5 40i MSport Artic Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #77
Ninefourteener
Major
721
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgv View Post
Dude,
I am happy for you. Enjoy!
Thanks..... I'm more interested to find out HOW and WHY it happened though.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 11:43 AM   #78
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
Mjbmw1's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

I sent emails to CEO of NA and DE. I complained about all of the US Soldiers that are purchasing vehicles and none of the apps working. I got an email awhile back that said thank you for bringing this to our attention. something like we are working on a solution. I know I was the first now you might be the second or part of the testing group. I worked with Connected DE for 2 months so hopefully they finally got everything working for all.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 11:47 AM   #79
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
Mjbmw1's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Soooo..... TODAY..... literally (May 17th, 2020).... All of a sudden, all sorts of new apps show up on my Idrive. I didn't ask for anything, didn't log in to anything.... just "poof".... it all showed up. I EVEN ACTIVATED THE CRASH CAMERA APP (or whatever ot is called - when the camera starts recording auromatically 20 seconds before an accident). Its working now!

I've tried logging into my connected account numerous times in the past, and it wouldn't let me.

I've got the weather app, the traffic app, lots of other things I haven't even explored yet. I tried to log in to connected while I was sitting in my car... and it rejected again.

But.... then I went inside, saw that I had an email prompting me to log in..... so I did. Poof, the car is there. I can save favorites to my gps, send destinations from my phone, honk horn, locate vehicle, and even view my vehicles surroundings remotely.

Which is weird.... check out this picture. The surroundings are CORRECT. However, my car isn't a base model X5... nor is it silver... lol. Whatever.... I'll take it.

I have NO IDEA what happened..... but it happened. Crazy stoked about this. Now I just need to learn how to use it all.

BTW.... Alpine white American Spec 2020 BMW X5M50, located in Belgium

Can you send a picture of your Software Version. They are still working on my 3D view and I think its the Software Version since yours works and you picked up your car later.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 05:16 PM   #80
osteome
Major
osteome's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,137
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 Pending
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (4)

We picked up our 2020 x40i last week and I registered Connected Drive with BMWNA. We do not have maps loaded, but our news feed in the X5 works and my Connected Drive app provides location services for car (although seems to be behind by a day or so). I have the option to lock and unlock the car, although the cell service in my village is down, so I am not sure if my inability to execute the commands is a BMW thing or merely bad cell service. The app does show recent fuel level, mileage to empty and all of service reminders.

I did try to register my VIN on the .de Connected Drive site, but keep getting an error, but we appear to have some functionality with just the NA activation. Perhaps the functionality in the car and on the app, and perhaps that will improve once we get European maps loaded.

Just wanted to share my recent observations.

What we have so far is encouraging, although Euler in Kaiserslautern is not eager to try to load any map data on any X5s.
__________________
2020 X5: MW/Coffee Extended Merino, M Sport, Executive, B&W, Driver's Pro, Luxury Seating, Extended Shadowline, Leather Dash, 22 M Double Spoke, M Brakes, Air Suspension, IAS

Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo: 6MT, Tech, Premium, Cold, Premium Sound, Ipod, 19'' Wheels, OEM Exhaust Mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #81
Ninefourteener
Major
721
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Can you send a picture of your Software Version. They are still working on my 3D view and I think its the Software Version since yours works and you picked up your car later.
Sure..... where do I go to find that?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 05:24 PM   #82
osteome
Major
osteome's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,137
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 Pending
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Germany

iTrader: (4)

The software version should be under "general settings", as I recall. It is a selectable option in one of the menus.
__________________
2020 X5: MW/Coffee Extended Merino, M Sport, Executive, B&W, Driver's Pro, Luxury Seating, Extended Shadowline, Leather Dash, 22 M Double Spoke, M Brakes, Air Suspension, IAS

Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo: 6MT, Tech, Premium, Cold, Premium Sound, Ipod, 19'' Wheels, OEM Exhaust Mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 02:15 AM   #83
Dullimite
Private
Germany
21
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive 30i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wiesbaden Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
We picked up our 2020 x40i last week and I registered Connected Drive with BMWNA. We do not have maps loaded, but our news feed in the X5 works and my Connected Drive app provides location services for car (although seems to be behind by a day or so). I have the option to lock and unlock the car, although the cell service in my village is down, so I am not sure if my inability to execute the commands is a BMW thing or merely bad cell service. The app does show recent fuel level, mileage to empty and all of service reminders.

I did try to register my VIN on the .de Connected Drive site, but keep getting an error, but we appear to have some functionality with just the NA activation. Perhaps the functionality in the car and on the app, and perhaps that will improve once we get European maps loaded.

Just wanted to share my recent observations.

What we have so far is encouraging, although Euler in Kaiserslautern is not eager to try to load any map data on any X5s.
How were you able to register with BMWNA? I just took delivery of a 2021 x3 M40i in Wurzberg US spec and got the same song and dance about everything not working. I got the European maps but they charged me a heck of a lot more than the OP, 420 Euros with VAT form. I have a colleague that has a 2020 330i that had all his connected drive, car play stuff just start working like another poster on here. I'm just wondering if I need to wait and be patient or if there is something I can do to get this all working.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:22 AM   #84
tbizzle86
New Member
tbizzle86's Avatar
0
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Korea

iTrader: (0)

So, I just took delivery of my 2021 X5 40i about a week ago that I bought through the military sales in Korea. Just like everyone else, nothing works. Honestly, all I care about is getting Apple Carplay to work. Korea has several navigation Apps that are compatible with Apple Carplay. If I want to just get Carplay, do I need to register my connected drive account to Korea? I tried the NA Connected drive but get the same error eveyone else gets. BMWNA said my VIN was listed in their international database, which he doesn't have access to. He could see my car, but couldn't do much trying to get it registered. Also, I guess I would need telematics to work just like Wanman was trying to figure out. Once I get telematics and access to the connected drive, then I should in theory be able to unlock Carplay right?
__________________
TBIZZLE86

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #85
tbizzle86
New Member
tbizzle86's Avatar
0
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
I sent emails to CEO of NA and DE. I complained about all of the US Soldiers that are purchasing vehicles and none of the apps working. I got an email awhile back that said thank you for bringing this to our attention. something like we are working on a solution. I know I was the first now you might be the second or part of the testing group. I worked with Connected DE for 2 months so hopefully they finally got everything working for all.
Can you send me those emails? I want to get this situation figured out for those of us in Korea. I'm a contractor and my wife is Korean. Needless to say, we plan on being here a while. I at least need my Apple Carplay to work!
__________________
TBIZZLE86

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #86
JJRX5
New Member
2
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Kaiserslautern Germany

iTrader: (0)

Gents,

I am expecting delivery of my X5 40I around mid-November into Kaiserslautern. I emailed Lee at Bavarian about the ability to access Connected Drive and he said there is still a SIM card issue. Is anyone in Germany currently able to get connected? If I read the thread correctly, it looks like only one person managed to get this working. If anyone know the process to make this work, please hit me up. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #87
tbizzle86
New Member
tbizzle86's Avatar
0
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
Gents,

I am expecting delivery of my X5 40I around mid-November into Kaiserslautern. I emailed Lee at Bavarian about the ability to access Connected Drive and he said there is still a SIM card issue. Is anyone in Germany currently able to get connected? If I read the thread correctly, it looks like only one person managed to get this working. If anyone know the process to make this work, please hit me up. Thanks!
JJRX5,

I was told by my BMW military sales rep that my car has the GPS unit or the antenna unplugged since it would continuously be searching for a signal. It's something they do at the port as part of the customs process. I'm not sure if you're trying to get full functionality like others are or just want Carplay to work. I would ask your sales rep that question.

I also talked with Bimmer-Tech last night. They are able to unlock/activate Carplay remotely. The cost is $599, and takes around 30 minutes. If you only want Carplay and don't want the hassle of jumping through hoops to get full functionality then this may be the easiest way. I think I may go this route.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...lay-activation
__________________
TBIZZLE86

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #88
JJRX5
New Member
2
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Kaiserslautern Germany

iTrader: (0)

The GPS antenna should be fully functional. Bavarian is installing the European maps and that would be pointless without the antenna. I really just want to figure out if I can get some of the ConnectedDrive features active. It sounds like some members of this thread have had some success, but the process for making it happen is clear to me.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST