10-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #24
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50, 2021 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by owine View Post
I would start there. I am a early Oct 45e build. Took delivery Friday.
BTW: I took delivery Friday too. I am curious how you first signed up for BMW Assist: all I did is download the app, give my VIN, look up the confirmation code inside BMW messages, and that was it. I never explicitly remember signing a BMW Assist contract at the dealership, or getting a paper with the username and password on it (as I read online when researching this problem)... Is that not relevant? I’m wondering if there is some explicit contract I need to sign or log in with some specific credentials to pick up those Remote features. Again, why remote status would work but remote unlock not is beyond me...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #25
owine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X5 x45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve45e View Post
Quote:
I would start there. I am a early Oct 45e build. Took delivery Friday.
BTW: I took delivery Friday too. I am curious how you first signed up for BMW Assist: all I did is download the app, give my VIN, look up the confirmation code inside BMW messages, and that was it. I never explicitly remember signing a BMW Assist contract at the dealership, or getting a paper with the username and password on it (as I read online when researching this problem)... Is that not relevant? I’m wondering if there is some explicit contract I need to sign or log in with some specific credentials to pick up those Remote features. Again, why remote status would work but remote unlock not is beyond me...
My CA was definitely doing something. She asked my wife's phone/email and then I noticed we were both receiving emails from ConnectedDrive. I had a previous account as we came from an X5. I'm not sure if the CA has to process paperwork for ConnectedDrive after the sale but I did not even have to add the vehicle, it just magically appeared.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #26
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My CA was definitely doing something. She asked my wife's phone/email and then I noticed we were both receiving emails from ConnectedDrive. I had a previous account as we came from an X5. I'm not sure if the CA has to process paperwork for ConnectedDrive after the sale but I did not even have to add the vehicle, it just magically appeared.
I think that explains a lot... I am going to talk to the dealer when they’re less busy tomorrow and hopefully reach someone who can address it... I think they said something about having a Genius from their staff set it up, and perhaps with all the stuff going on, they never did. Hopefully they can straighten it out. I’ll post the resolution when I find it...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 09:12 PM   #27
aceman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550ix, 2008 Corvette

Well I'm still at a standstill. The App shows the battery charge, but I can't do anything else. Is anyone stateside able to precondition the car remotely (which I take as heating it up / cooling it down) by chosing it in the app?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 09:29 PM   #28
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman View Post
Well I'm still at a standstill. The App shows the battery charge, but I can't do anything else. Is anyone stateside able to precondition the car remotely (which I take as heating it up / cooling it down) by chosing it in the app?
I've used that feature a bunch...you can call BMW services and they should be able to fix you up. They may be able to do it for you if you call them from the car's emergency assist button. In my case, my salesman or maybe someone else in the dealership had set mine up, and it just worked once I enabled things in the iDrive. One thing I have not enabled is the remote 3-D view. I understand (maybe incorrectly!) that that takes a fair amount of data.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #29
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am curious if you are experiencing the same thing as me: do you not have the buttons for unlock/lock/horn/AC or you have them, but they don’t work? I am hoping we are having the same issue...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #30
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
Quote:
I've used that feature a bunch...you can call BMW services and they should be able to fix you up. They may be able to do it for you if you call them from the car's emergency assist button. In my case, my salesman or maybe someone else in the dealership had set mine up, and it just worked once I enabled things in the iDrive. One thing I have not enabled is the remote 3-D view. I understand (maybe incorrectly!) that that takes a fair amount of data.
The data is not charged from your own sim/phone data plan. It's done via the cars build in sim and data plan which is part of the remote services. Don't worry about it, there is no additional charge per gb.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 01:05 AM   #31
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am curious if you are experiencing the same thing as me: do you not have the buttons for unlock/lock/horn/AC or you have them, but they don’t work? I am hoping we are having the same issue...
Can you run your VIN through a online VIN decoder (google for one)? Does "remote services" show up as a ordered option?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #32
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Can you run your VIN through a online VIN decoder (google for one)? Does "remote services" show up as a ordered option?
No VIN decoder I found via Google in the US that I have found gives any details of the services of my vehicle at all, let alone that one.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #33
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Remote Start. Let's stick with Remote Start.

Thanks,
The world.
      10-20-2020, 05:58 AM   #34
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
No VIN decoder I found via Google in the US that I have found gives any details of the services of my vehicle at all, let alone that one.
When I run my vehicle through mdecoder.com I get all the options. One of those options is: S6AK Connected Drive Services

I think that one is needed for all the remote actions.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:22 AM   #35
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
When I run my vehicle through mdecoder.com I get all the options. One of those options is: S6AK Connected Drive Services

I Europe this service is standard on the 45e. Because it is needed for the functionality

It would be weird that is not in the US (and not available even more)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #36
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I had to disable content blockers in order to get the site to render the results. Now that I did, I see a full report, and I do see Connected Drive Services, so that isn’t the issue it seems...

I am working with the dealer as well as the online folks, but so far no resolution. I tried the 70 second restart as well, and removed and re-added the vehicle to my ConnectedDrive account.

On that end: a question (especially to BMW USA customers) — is there an email or you get or something on the app or website you needed to click after adding your vehicle asking you to “activate Remote Services” or anything? I only got 2 emails: 1) an email to let me know about the iPhone Digital Key, and 2) a basic email with my VIN and legal disclaimers welcoming me to ConnectedDrive, but I wonder if there is a separate email or website/app action others see asking them to “Activate Remote Services.” If that’s true, I wonder why that’s missing...
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #37
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I had to disable content blockers in order to get the site to render the results. Now that I did, I see a full report, and I do see Connected Drive Services, so that isn’t the issue it seems...

I am working with the dealer as well as the online folks, but so far no resolution. I tried the 70 second restart as well, and removed and re-added the vehicle to my ConnectedDrive account.

On that end: a question (especially to BMW USA customers) — is there an email or you get or something on the app or website you needed to click after adding your vehicle asking you to “activate Remote Services” or anything? I only got 2 emails: 1) an email to let me know about the iPhone Digital Key, and 2) a basic email with my VIN and legal disclaimers welcoming me to ConnectedDrive, but I wonder if there is a separate email or website/app action others see asking them to “Activate Remote Services.” If that’s true, I wonder why that’s missing...
Some ideas:

Did you update your IPhone to the latest version? And you might also try to remove the app and reinstall it

Did you try the website version of connected drive? You should be able to activate pre-conditioning here too

I presume you don't have a display key?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #38
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Some ideas:

Did you update your IPhone to the latest version? And you might also try to remove the app and reinstall it

Did you try the website version of connected drive? You should be able to activate pre-conditioning here too

I presume you don't have a display key?
I have the latest iOS version and have removed and reinstalled the app a few times. When it activates, it still says the list of enabled features (Info tab, Enabled Features) only includes the ones for Checking status and checking charging etc. But does not list the climate, remote unlock, remote horn or anything. There is an active ticket with ConnectedDrive, but so far nothing fixes this. From the Website there is no way to do anything. I am curious if you scroll down to the list of subscribed services, do you see one titled “remote Services”? I do not. That may also be why I don’t see the checkbox that others see, “Activate Remote Services.” To be clear, this means that service was not added to my ConnectedDrive account for some reason, and thus they need to fix it on “their end” (that’s my hunch)...

If someone can scroll down on their ConnectedDrive website and to their list of Subscribed services, if you see “Remote Services” as an “orange tile” that may confirm what is missing. As to why, who knows...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:38 PM   #39
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is right at the top for me
owine, by any chance when you scroll down on the connecteddrive.bmwusa.com customer portal page, in the list of tiles (Subscribed Services) do you see one named “Remote Services?”

I have one named “BMW eDrive Services” but that description seems to be things like:

* Check your vehicle status, control the charging process, plan trips and drive more efficiently.
* Control your vehicle remotely with the BMW Connected App and see your vehicle location

If so that sounds like checking and also controlling but the wording is ambiguous. I am wondering if you have another tile besides “BMW eDrive Services” maybe titled “Remote Services” that mention unlock in the description. If so, that’s the title I am missing and I can ask about it with the support team...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #40
owine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X5 x45e

Quote:
owine, by any chance when you scroll down on the connecteddrive.bmwusa.com customer portal page, in the list of tiles (Subscribed Services) do you see one named “Remote Services?”

I have one named “BMW eDrive Services” but that description seems to be things like:

* Check your vehicle status, control the charging process, plan trips and drive more efficiently.
* Control your vehicle remotely with the BMW Connected App and see your vehicle location

If so that sounds like checking and also controlling but the wording is ambiguous. I am wondering if you have another tile besides “BMW eDrive Services” maybe titled “Remote Services” that mention unlock in the description. If so, that’s the title I am missing and I can ask about it with the support team...
Here's what I have for Subscribed Services:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.49.13 PM.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  186.1 KB

References to Remote Services are inside of Connected Package Professional:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.49.33 PM.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  235.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #41
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here's what I have for Subscribed Services:

Attachment 2442292

References to Remote Services are inside of Connected Package Professional:

Attachment 2442293
That is it: I am missing Connected Package Professional. I’ll call them up and make sure they add it. Thank you!

-Steve
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #42
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It was mentioned above, but go to the Connected Drive website and log in. I have a check mark next to Remote Services active. I can uncheck it to seemingly disable Remote Services. See if you have that checkbox.
I see the following actively subscribed options in the store:
BMW Teleservice
ConnectedDrive Services
Remote Software Upgrade
Traffic Camera Information Trial
BMW eDrive Services
BMW Assist eCall
BMW Drive Recorder
Intelligent Personal Assistant
Automatic Map Update
BMW Connected+
BMW WiFi Hostpot Compatability

I do not see any with the exact name: "Remote Services" either checked or "not available for your vehicle"

Am I looking in the right place?
You should also have climatization, battery level check, program charging. Find car open close door and some more.

Looks like you don't have any of the remote controlled functions enabled

Did you activate all services in data protection in Idrive?

Edit: sorry just saw you already solved it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:34 PM   #43
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
You should also have climatization, battery level check, program charging. Find car open close door and some more.

Looks like you don't have any of the remote controlled functions enabled

Did you activate all services in data protection in Idrive?

Edit: sorry just saw you already solved it.
Yeah, it turns out to add that package they need to do some car coding, and I have a service appointment scheduled for next week. The other individual here who couldn’t do pre conditioning may also be affected by this issue (apparently a BMW bulletin was sent on this so it may be happening for a fraction of new cars)
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #44
mobsync
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Can you remotely heat/cool the car while it is not plugged in? Thats all I really use remote start for anyway.
Appreciate 0