BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-23-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
GETSOM3
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 cs

B&W equalizer settings

Hello all - I searched and found an HK post on this but not BW (that I could find).

Any audiophiles out there care to post their eq set-up on the B&W system? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETSOM3 View Post
Hello all - I searched and found an HK post on this but not BW (that I could find).

Any audiophiles out there care to post their eq set-up on the B&W system? Thanks!
Here's what I have. Probably not true audiophile settings because I have it tweaked to my preferences. However this should be a good starting point.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26585273

The key is to have Two or three songs that you have listened to a lot. So you know in your head how you want that song to sound. From there tweak the settings accordingly. Sound tends to trail off at the high and low end of the spectrum which is why those frequencies typically need to be boosted more than your mid range ones.
Appreciate 1
GETSOM319.00
      02-23-2021, 09:27 PM   #3
GETSOM3
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 cs

thank you! I'll give your settings a shot
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 09:44 PM   #4
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ’23 X3 M40i Brooklyn Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Here's what I have. Probably not true audiophile settings because I have it tweaked to my preferences. However this should be a good starting point.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26585273

The key is to have Two or three songs that you have listened to a lot. So you know in your head how you want that song to sound. From there tweak the settings accordingly. Sound tends to trail off at the high and low end of the spectrum which is why those frequencies typically need to be boosted more than your mid range ones.
Interesting. Very close to my settings.

One thing I noticed is that in some audio system setups you can set the treble and bass as flat (main settings) and then tweak the equalizer. When I tried to do that, the treble and bass levels changed based on how I set the EQ. It was pretty odd.

Still tweaking my system, ended up getting Amazon Music HD and the sound is MUCH better than Apple Music due to the higher resolution. I have the sound settings set as a memory button so I can tweak depending on source. More involved than I would like but it’s nice to hone in the sound for how I like it. A few sound setting presets would be nice so you could set a few templates with the surround setting, level and EQ and easily change it to other templates.

Anyway, HD music or USB FLAC makes a HUGE difference. Anything on SXM or Apple Music just sounds as compressed as it is.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 08:08 AM   #5
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg05 View Post
Interesting. Very close to my settings.

One thing I noticed is that in some audio system setups you can set the treble and bass as flat (main settings) and then tweak the equalizer. When I tried to do that, the treble and bass levels changed based on how I set the EQ. It was pretty odd.

Still tweaking my system, ended up getting Amazon Music HD and the sound is MUCH better than Apple Music due to the higher resolution. I have the sound settings set as a memory button so I can tweak depending on source. More involved than I would like but it’s nice to hone in the sound for how I like it. A few sound setting presets would be nice so you could set a few templates with the surround setting, level and EQ and easily change it to other templates.

Anyway, HD music or USB FLAC makes a HUGE difference. Anything on SXM or Apple Music just sounds as compressed as it is.
I agree - especially SXM - I almost can't listen to that source.
Appreciate 0