09-28-2023, 04:31 PM   #1
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Factory Call Feedback and Discussion

Has anyone else received a factory call to get feedback on your ‘24 LCI X5M?

I had a 45 min call with a factory rep. He asked a lot of questions about what I liked / dislike / what would I improve etc. The conversation wasn’t particularly led from a script. We just went for an open conversation….

Seems these calls are helpful for everyone involved.

The conversation went beyond just the vehicle itself. We spoke about a possible factory direct purchase option. The business model that some other brands are already employing; building online - purchasing - then they have to workout the delivery of the vehicle…. Seems interesting. They’ll still be selling centers, of course, however this could be an option for us brand loyal customers who know what we want and like to avoid the haggling with sales teams.
Appreciate 2
      09-29-2023, 11:02 AM   #2
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

I've not had a call with BMW factory but I did talk to my local GM while getting service. He told me that there are rumors in the future ICE M models will be sold direct while dealers will adjust to electric sales and hybrid. He was thinking 10 years out but said it wasn't off the table. I find it funny your post pretty much aligns with my convo with him. Interesting time we are living for sure.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0