06-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #23
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
I think the comfort access is a bloody nuisance; they actually never thoguth thru what to do [b]if 2 people have a key each, it's so irritating to walk to the driver door, open, she see the seat moves itself back to /her/ position just because she arrived at the passenger door 10ms quicker than I did. You then have to tell her to walk away, re-lock the car, re-unlock the car and watch the seat move back. So much for "comfort"!
In the scenario above in the bolded text...there is another way that is easier than doing the relock/unlock dance...just use the seat memory buttons on the side of the driver’s seat. They operate outside the parameters of the remote profiles.

Save one of the two seat memories for each of you (probably #1 for her since she’s probably the boss ...and #2 for you. That way, regardless of which one of you returns to the vehicle first...but is the passenger...when the driver goes to enter the car and it is not the correct setting...all is needed is to press their seat memory button and the seat/steering wheel/side mirrors will go to the settings saved for that seat memory button regardless of which remote profile unlocked the vehicle.

Again, the above suggestion is simpler than the walk-away relock/unlock dance. And since both of you have a profile saved...just select the seat memory button each of you will be using when that person’s remote has been used to unlock the vehicle and you both will be good to go. This will also help to not lose your seat/steering wheel/mirror settings if someone else is using the car and moved anything around (like dropping off for service work). You can return your remote to the settings you meticulous set for youself by pressing your seat memory button & you won’t have to redo your profile settings...they’ll already be “backed up” in the seat memory settings.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 10:26 AM   #24
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3284me View Post
I turned off the auto lock when walking away as it was such a nuisance locking and unlocking when working around the vehicle. Now I just tap the outside door handle when exiting the car.
Yep. Same here. I just have it unlock when I approach.
Appreciate 1
M40i4me1037.00
      06-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #25
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
In the scenario above in the bolded text...there is another way that is easier than doing the relock/unlock dance...just use the seat memory buttons on the side of the driver’s seat. They operate outside the parameters of the remote profiles.

Save one of the two seat memories for each of you (probably #1 for her since she’s probably the boss ...and #2 for you. That way, regardless of which one of you returns to the vehicle first...but is the passenger...when the driver goes to enter the car and it is not the correct setting...all is needed is to press their seat memory button and the seat/steering wheel/side mirrors will go to the settings saved for that seat memory button regardless of which remote profile unlocked the vehicle.

Again, the above suggestion is simpler than the walk-away relock/unlock dance. And since both of you have a profile saved...just select the seat memory button each of you will be using when that person’s remote has been used to unlock the vehicle and you both will be good to go. This will also help to not lose your seat/steering wheel/mirror settings if someone else is using the car and moved anything around (like dropping off for service work). You can return your remote to the settings you meticulous set for youself by pressing your seat memory button & you won’t have to redo your profile settings...they’ll already be “backed up” in the seat memory settings.
Or, just select your profile on the iDrive screen. It will reset everything to your profile settings including seats and steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #26
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Or, just select your profile on the iDrive screen. It will reset everything to your profile settings including seats and steering wheel.
Yes, that is a good point...and not a problem if the seat isn't that far off from your regular setting...or if you and your spouse or S/O are similar in height/size/etc. But if you're 6'5" and your SO is 5'5" or if you're 225 lbs, and your S/O is 100 lbs and she gets back to the vehicle first...it's going to be hard to squeeze into the seat so that you can pull up the iDrive screen.

The seat memory buttons allows the seat to move prior to entering (or trying to squeeze) into the vehicle...and you don't have to dive into iDrive to fix the issue.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 04:39 PM   #27
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Yes, that is a good point...and not a problem if the seat isn't that far off from your regular setting...or if you and your spouse or S/O are similar in height/size/etc. But if you're 6'5" and your SO is 5'5" or if you're 225 lbs, and your S/O is 100 lbs and she gets back to the vehicle first...it's going to be hard to squeeze into the seat so that you can pull up the iDrive screen.

The seat memory buttons allows the seat to move prior to entering (or trying to squeeze) into the vehicle...and you don't have to dive into iDrive to fix the issue.
Yes, just giving other options. Being 6'5" I would think you could reach the screen from either side of the car pretty easily without getting into the car. The profile selection screen is the first screen available after the warning screen. So it should only be a quick tap of the screen to switch from your wife's profile to your profile.

You're going to want to pick your own profile at some point anyway if you want the other things that are tied specifically to your profile other than the seats and steering wheel.
Appreciate 0