BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-23-2020, 03:04 AM   #1
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Competition badging removal and base vs competition

I like the more classic look of sapphire black, aluminum window trim, roof rails, silver tail pipes and kidney surround. I also like the more simple X5M badging on tail lid. I HATE the competition words and HATE even more the completion badging inside on the center console. The base has No badging on console thankfully. I don't mind the competition badges on the door sill. So I should get the base X5M right?

However, I want the more aggressive exhaust. Also, I had the F85 and often drove it with everything except transmission on sports plus. I wanted the instant power always there. Is the new track mode in competition more aggressive then the F85 Sport Plus or have they just renamed Sport Plus and now call it Track? Is Track an actual difference then what came with my F85?

Also is the suspension stiffer in the competition than the base x5m? Is the base or the competition stiffer than the F85?

What else will I miss out on if I get the base? Finally if I get the competition can I easily remove the entire competition badging inside on the console and take the "competition" word off the deck lid with dental floss or fishing line?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Other than the items you already mentioned (shadowline trim, comp badging, track mode), the non-comp version does not have the colored M striping on the seat belts (I think).

Obviously, the non-comp version also has 17 less hp, but I’m sure you knew that. Also, it comes with different (smaller) wheels, but you can option either of the standard comp wheels at a cost.

I personally prefer the shadow line high gloss black trim on the exterior, but I certainly agree that the “competition” lettering on the back and interior is both an unnecessary and ugly detail. It’s one of the few design details on the F95 for which I think they just completely misread their target market.
Appreciate 1
Bogey4me152.00