BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-29-2020, 05:15 AM   #1
jole996
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Activating 6AK on a car without it...

Hi,
I got my X6 and apparently it does not have 6AK (ConnectedDrive) in it since I ordered it in a country where I am currently located for work and this country is not on a list of countries for CD Services yet. Asked the dealer and he confirmed he was not able to configure it, the option is disabled for him.

Car has TCB, calling emergency service works (required by local law), just CD Services are not enabled.

So hardware is there, coding should do it?
No. It also has to be enabled in the backend of BMW. I called CD support, they are unable to activate CD Services since the car does not have 6AK from the factory.

They told me to write an email to CD support, I did. No response for 6 days now.

Any thoughts if this is somehow doable?
I want to pay what is asked, no problem, just to get it done, but I don't know if BMW will offer me 6AK as a retrofit payment option.

Really sad without all the goodies.

If you can point me in any direction, I would be grateful...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

interested in your findings - I'm finding myself in the same situation with my new X6 G06...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

I dont think it can be coded, because you need to have Connected Drive activated through your online BMW CD Account.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #4
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
I dont think it can be coded, because you need to have Connected Drive activated through your online BMW CD Account.
Yes. True.
When I try to add a vehicle (VIN) to my BMW account it says:
The vehicle cannot be added to your account in the portal.The
mobile network connection has been deactivated for this vehicle.
Therefore it is not possible to add it to your account. To reactivate the mobile network connection, please contact BMW ConnectedDrive customer support.

So I did, they say you don't have 6AK, so we can't activate.
My dealer could not enter 6AK when ordering.

So I am running in circles, trying to figure out how to buy/retrofit 6AK, so CD support can activate, so I can add vehicle to my account, so I can get the code, so...

This is going to be a long ride. But I am not giving up. There are a lot of people in the world like me, not having the Connected Drive Services and want them.

If anybody has any idea what to try, I am willing to dedicate time, money, whatever to succeed.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 08:05 PM   #5
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

With all the Electronics, telemetry, and Apps available in this car, I find it weird BMW would actually sell the X5/X6 without access to Connected Drive. Its standard here in Australia.

Selling an X5/X6 without CD would be like selling a smartphone without access to the Internet? (WTF?)

Dealers themselves dont know a lot about these cars, just read these forums and it becomes obvious. Suggest speaking to directly to BMW in your country.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 02:04 AM   #6
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
With all the Electronics, telemetry, and Apps available in this car, I find it weird BMW would actually sell the X5/X6 without access to Connected Drive. Its standard here in Australia.

Selling an X5/X6 without CD would be like selling a smartphone without access to the Internet? (WTF?)

Dealers themselves dont know a lot about these cars, just read these forums and it becomes obvious. Suggest speaking to directly to BMW in your country.
Unfortunately BMW is not present directly, just dealers. Too small a market for direct presence.

Last edited by jole996; 05-30-2020 at 02:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

I feel you... Im in the and boat with my X5 here in saudi Arabia. Lots of functionality is not working because I'm unable to activate connected drive... Can't even create a drivers profile
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:24 AM   #8
AAN
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

I wonder if removing 6AK, 6AE and 6C3 from the Slapa and VO code the ECU would solve the problem?! Esys experts can help in this.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 02:21 AM   #9
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAN View Post
I wonder if removing 6AK, 6AE and 6C3 from the Slapa and VO code the ECU would solve the problem?! Esys experts can help in this.
I am not deep into coding, but willing to try. My current level is BimmerCode Pro mode, where I found few nicht activ options (Telematic unit, Services...) and enabled them, but no change that I could see.

If anybody has an idea what to do, please share, I will get Esys and any other tool/adapter (currently I have UniCarScan) and try it. Just need a pointer where to start.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #10
jole996
Private
Rep

Hijacking part of ifr's post from another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
There are many reputable remote coders already offering service on here that will code multiple features in the same session, including Anti-Dazzle.
I am interested in reputable remote coding for this problem I (and many other) have. Please if anyone can/wants to try, please post here or PM me. Tnx!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #11
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole996 View Post
Hijacking part of ifr's post from another thread

I am interested in reputable remote coding for this problem I (and many other) have. Please if anyone can/wants to try, please post here or PM me. Tnx!
r33_RGSport comes highly recommended on this forum.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12912.50
      06-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #12
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
Can you please tell me what is Slapa? Googled it, but couldn't find it.

Also, you mention, besides 6AK, also 6AE and 6C3.

I found those as:
6AE Teleservices
6C3 Connected Package Professional

I am not sure I have these...

Here is what I have, in connection to the subject:
6AF Statutory Emergency Call
6U3 BMW Live Operating Area Professional
8KH Dummy-SALAPA (maybe this is Slapa you mention?)
925 Dummy-SALAPA (another Salapa/Slapa?)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #13
jole996
Private
Rep

Ok, found out what is Salapa.
At least 925 is for export package protection, nothing to do with this.
8kh I could not find.
Anyway, if I understand correctly, Salapa is some placeholder, nothing special.

Now I am going to read about VO coding and see if I can try "I wonder if removing 6AK, 6AE and 6C3 from the Slapa and VO code the ECU would solve the problem?!" part
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:37 PM   #14
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
r33_RGSport comes highly recommended on this forum.
For other members having the same problem, I got this reply

"I believe to enable connected drive, it will require FSC license key and flashing modules.
Unfortunately I don't deal with that."

from one of the experienced members.

So guys, this might be a tougher one than I thought. Good news is he pointed me to another member more into this, so I contacted him and waiting for feedback.

I hope there is a light at the end of this tunnel...
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      06-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #15
jole996
Private
Rep

Well, not much light.

Apparently, us poor people outside EU, USA, Canada, Australia (and a few more), who don't have CD Services, will never get it.

We are missing 6AK, 6AE, and 6C3 in our cars.
Currently, there is no possibility of coding these, since they require FSC codes, that some coders have for F vehicles, but not yet for G.

Even if you could find someone to code it, there is a problem of provisioning e-sim in your TCB/TCU, which can only be done by BMW. Without it, it can't communicate with the BMW backend. No, no tethering options.

Even if you could somehow provision it, BMW would still need to add your win in their DB, as an eligible one for CD Services to pass the authentication process.

So, sorry guys, it seems like an impossible task.

Now, I am going to explore to possibility of finding a totaled X5/X6 in EU country and see if I buy TCU/TCB and maybe few other needed components from it, if it has eligible VIN and provisioned TCU, what is the possibility to replace mine with it and would it work.

Experienced members, please share your thoughts on this new approach. Thnaks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #16
AAN
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole996 View Post
Can you please tell me what is Slapa? Googled it, but couldn't find it.

Also, you mention, besides 6AK, also 6AE and 6C3.

I found those as:
6AE Teleservices
6C3 Connected Package Professional

I am not sure I have these...

Here is what I have, in connection to the subject:
6AF Statutory Emergency Call
6U3 BMW Live Operating Area Professional
8KH Dummy-SALAPA (maybe this is Slapa you mention?)
925 Dummy-SALAPA (another Salapa/Slapa?)
I am sorry, I meant Salapa, usually those three options come together and I have them on my car.
The problem that even if your car is equipped with the Connecteddrive and the country or agent in your country does not have the proper arrangement with the net service provider, the car will not be able to connect to BMW cloud.
My idea was if we disable the Connecteddrive option (which is useless in our case) the car might act independently (locally) and will not keep trying and waiting for a connection which will never happen and will be forced to activate some of the options locally after coding.
Good that you started reading about VO coding as this will make things easier to understand.
Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:18 AM   #17
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
I am sorry, I meant Salapa, usually those three options come together and I have them on my car.
The problem that even if your car is equipped with the Connecteddrive and the country or agent in your country does not have the proper arrangement with the net service provider, the car will not be able to connect to BMW cloud.
My idea was if we disable the Connecteddrive option (which is useless in our case) the car might act independently (locally) and will not keep trying and waiting for a connection which will never happen and will be forced to activate some of the options locally after coding.
Good that you started reading about VO coding as this will make things easier to understand.
Good Luck.
Thanks. Unfortunately, there is nothing to disable, since my car does not have these at all.

What I have found out is that BMW, for the market without CD Services, is not allowing these 3 codes for the dealers to input when ordering. They are grayed out for them.

Yesterday I heard back from CD support in Germany. Very nice lady called me and told me that there is no way I can get those codes retrofitted. Ever.

I asked what if BMW decides e.g. next week to enable CD Services for some country, the ones that bought the car by that time will never get it. Correct.

She advised me to sell the car (?!), buy in a country that has CD and import it over here. Ridiculous.
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      06-12-2020, 06:02 AM   #18
jole996
Private
Rep

Ok, did some research and want to try the following, just need senior members thoughts on am I missing some steps...

In order to have ConnectedDrive Services working on car made for market that does not have it, I would:

1. Get LAN ENET cable and Esys 3.27.1, PsdzData version 4.23.12, on a Windows 10 build 1909

2. VO code 6AC, 6AE, 6AK using the instructions on eg. https://blog.uobdii.com/bmw-vo-codin...nd-enet-cable/

3. Find a totaled X5/X6 in EU and get TCU (e-sim provisioned) unit from it and get it's VIN. This e-sim will have IMSI provisioned and VIN will be whitelisted in BMW backend.

4. Replace my non-provisioned TCU with provisioned one (my dealer offered to do it foc)

5. Somehow (still have not found clear instructions where to do this) spoof VIN to a totaled vehicle's one. Found this for F-series, but don't know if it is good for my car
Under FZAuftrag-Header, Change the VIN number from yours to the DONOR VIN (is this FDL coding?)

6. If all is working, find someone at BMW (already found ) who can connect my DONOR VIN to my email account (disconnect from totaled vehicles owner email account).

Trying to get a list of exact steps to be done, before I start doing it.
If I am missing something (VO coding dependencies, FSC codes etc), please advise.
Tnx!

Last edited by jole996; 06-12-2020 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 07:44 AM   #19
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

wow - seems like you're getting closer...

I'm following closely your tests as I'm finding myself in the same situation.

Keep us informed.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 04:48 AM   #20
jole996
Private
Rep

Added some details about ATM2 (TCU) and FSC codes
(add1, add2)

----------------------------------------------------------
In order to have ConnectedDrive Services working on car made for market that does not have it, I would:

1. Get LAN ENET cable and Esys 3.27.1, PsdzData version 4.23.12, on a Windows 10 build 1909

2. VO code 6AC, 6AE, 6AK using the instructions on eg. https://blog.uobdii.com/bmw-vo-codin...nd-enet-cable/

3. Find a totaled X5/X6 in EU and get TCU (e-sim provisioned) unit from it and get it's VIN. This e-sim will have IMSI provisioned and VIN will be whitelisted in BMW backend. It is important to have region specific ATM2, details are in this manual (https://fccid.io/QWY-ATM2-R-11/User-...Manual-3798449)

4. Replace my non-provisioned TCU with provisioned one (my dealer offered to do it foc)

5. Somehow (still have not found clear instructions where to do this) spoof VIN to a totaled vehicle's one. Found this for F-series, but don't know if it is good for my car
Under FZAuftrag-Header, Change the VIN number from yours to the DONOR VIN (is this FDL coding?)

add1: The FSC Codes are needed to set VIN of Head Unit to match ATM2 VIN (donor ATM2). There is a guy who can make the FSC code, cost is 50$

add2:
5.1 The EMULATOR / CAN Filter takes VIN Broadcast messages and changes them to match Car VIN so car thinks ATM and Head Unit VIN matches Car VIN. Thing to investigate further, was for F-series, don't know if valid for G-series. Will check.

6. If all is working, find someone at BMW (already found ) who can connect my DONOR VIN to my email account (disconnect from totaled vehicles owner email account).
Appreciate 1
mcsa65.00
      12-19-2022, 12:59 AM   #21
alexzd
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2023 BMW X5  [10.00]
Hi, just got a new X5 in Dubai and I didn’t realize that in specs CD (6AK) was not mentioned, but I checked another one and it was available, so I just was lucky to pick wrong one.

I didn’t expect this because I had X1 2018 and CD was there, I didn’t expect it is possible to have bmw without this feature at all. Moreover, I can see ConnectedDrive logo on windshield which is confusing now, because it has no use then.

So the question here is that since my country is supporting CD, is it possible to enable it for my car? Can dealer do it? Or it will require some installation, which I don’t think dealer will do.

I sent same email to CD support, but they just replied that I don’t have 6AK, that’s why it is not working. I asked about activation, they are not replying.
Appreciate 0